Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

IvoryTower wrote: »

Torbjörn
    Fixed a bug where Torbjörn’s turret was sometimes able to shoot through walls.

This one on Volskaya does cause some serious tears. :D (only use it on QP)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Orisa

Protective Barrier
    Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
    Developer Comments: Orisa has one of the longest weapon reloads and interrupting it to deploy a new barrier felt too disruptive to her gameplay. This change allows her to reload as needed while still being able to protect herself and her team.
    Yes! This is so welcome!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

just found out limmy the comedian plays overwatch on twitch, class, he's barely gold as well so could get a game with him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

just found out limmy the comedian plays overwatch on twitch, class, he's barely gold as well so could get a game with him

He's mostly playing that karaoke duet game lately, its hilarious though, he takes the absolute piss :pac:

And on overwatch he mostly just trolls for twitch content too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I matched against him once on Hanamura QP - failed to kill him, which was disappointing (my Mei vs his Mercy)

• Advertisement

Hope he plays more, I want that match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Is it just me or is Baptisite's ultimate the worst in the game? Haven't played one game where it made a difference. They've buffed it but still meh.

Thinking they should've made a less powerful version as his special and have a better immortality field as his ult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

penev10 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Baptisite's ultimate the worst in the game? Haven't played one game where it made a difference. They've buffed it but still meh.

Thinking they should've made a less powerful version as his special and have a better immortality field as his ult.

They should make it like syms, covers the map that way you don't gotta be bunched up

penev10 wrote: »

It requires actual coordination and even then requires the team to use a narrow corridor to funnel dps/healing.

It's super situational and imo probably only really useful to masters/pro level teams.

EDIT: and I agree. They should swap immortality to his ult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Back playing comp and it's the same old.

I can play with friends in plat and I win more than I lose and climb easily, but once I solo queue (which is most of the time) I lose way more games than win as a healer and lose a ton of SR. Not even win-lose, but like typically lose, lose, win, lose, lose.

It's infuriating. It's getting to the point where I think I just can't heal anymore when I'm soloing and will have to go DPS (even though I much prefer healing).

Last season I dropped to silver from plat because of it, only got back to high gold by playing Soldier 76. Heading back the silver direction again though with this loss rate.

• Advertisement

Back playing comp and it's the same old.

I can play with friends in plat and I win more than I lose and climb easily, but once I solo queue (which is most of the time) I lose way more games than win as a healer and lose a ton of SR. Not even win-lose, but like typically lose, lose, win, lose, lose.

It's infuriating. It's getting to the point where I think I just can't heal anymore when I'm soloing and will have to go DPS (even though I much prefer healing).

Last season I dropped to silver from plat because of it, only got back to high gold by playing Soldier 76. Heading back the silver direction again though with this loss rate.

Is your healer choice synergising with the team/other healer?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is your healer choice synergising with the team/other healer?

It won't synergize when your playing with absolute clowns who go in 5 different directions. You pick one teammate and stick with them.

It's why I stopped playing a few seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Rumor that there will be 2/2/2 role queue, or very concrete suggestions that it will happen anyway.

Personally don't think it will make a difference in the long run, the community is woeful and imo goes against the idea of the game (apart from a team full of dps).

Haven't played since start of the year and judging by this thread it doesn't seem to be peoples go to game anymore, or at least it appears that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    Rumor that there will be 2/2/2 role queue, or very concrete suggestions that it will happen anyway.

Personally don't think it will make a difference in the long run, the community is woeful and imo goes against the idea of the game (apart from a team full of dps).

Haven't played since start of the year and judging by this thread it doesn't seem to be peoples go to game anymore, or at least it appears that way.

not a rumour every pro has pretty much confirmed it, does it?? dont see many people flexing anyway to counter teams, at least this way when your locked you play your role not **** off on ****ty sym vs pharrah

I don't think it'll make much of a difference to myself, I guess there'll be more consistency to the games not that it really bothered me anyway. The people who constantly moan that they need 2-2-2 will now moan that not enough people pick a main tank/healer or that dps are playing torb/sym, there's always some excuse. Peoples expectations of forming the perfect meta team in their bronze to diamond elo is rediculous in my opinion, just get in and have some fun no matter what the team.

We had a 5 stack just from my own friends irl last night so i'm happy to say 2 years on it's still going strong for us, long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I kinda like the madness in gold at this stage. You never know what set up you'll get.

I don't think it'll make much of a difference to myself, I guess there'll be more consistency to the games not that it really bothered me anyway. The people who constantly moan that they need 2-2-2 will now moan that not enough people pick a main tank/healer or that dps are playing torb/sym, there's always some excuse. Peoples expectations of forming the perfect meta team in their bronze to diamond elo is rediculous in my opinion, just get in and have some fun no matter what the team.

We had a 5 stack just from my own friends irl last night so i'm happy to say 2 years on it's still going strong for us, long may it last!

There will still be bitching and trolling, but it should reduce it more than its already at i predict.

Might be a case of too little too late though, feck all people play it these days in comparison to the numbers a year or so ago..

nix wrote: »

Might be a case of too little too late though, feck all people play it these days in comparison to the numbers a year or so ago..

Is there somewhere to check this?

Only place I know for xbox is true-achievements website, not sure how accurate but it's no 13 most played at the moment and has been there since Christmas. To put it into context it's ahead of pubg, battlefield, div 2, red dead, minecraft....not exactly dead games i would have thought

Judging by how quickly i get a game on pc/xbox my guess is it's in healthy shape, i certainly hope so anyway.

Is there somewhere to check this?

Only place I know for xbox is true-achievements website, not sure how accurate but it's no 13 most played at the moment and has been there since Christmas. To put it into context it's ahead of pubg, battlefield, div 2, red dead, minecraft....not exactly dead games i would have thought

Judging by how quickly i get a game on pc/xbox my guess is it's in healthy shape, i certainly hope so anyway.

Ya caught me, I'm just making an educated guess, I'm factoring in twitch views and youtubers who were dedicated to making overwatch videos branching out into other games, Blizzard hide the numbers so no way of actually knowing exactly from what i can see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is anyone here actively watching OWL?
    I tried but I just don't like it.

• Advertisement

I was loving it when dafran was in it, I literally haven't watched a game since he left.

nix wrote: »
    Ya caught me, I'm just making an educated guess, I'm factoring in twitch views and youtubers who were dedicated to making overwatch videos branching out into other games, Blizzard hide the numbers so no way of actually knowing exactly from what i can see :(

I think that's natural anyway with it in its 3rd or 4th year. There's a new battle royal game every year and all the big streamers jump ship so I wouldn't be too concerned about that either.

Now I'm totally biased obviously because I love the game but I'm definitely not worried about it dying a death any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm watching OWL but not live.
    I watch the vods after the fact so I can skip the nonsense and get to the matches.
    Also only if there is a team or teams playing that I'm interested in.

I find OWL too chaotic to really enjoy.

New role select up on the PTR now with 2/2/2 lock.

You get different SR ranks for each role. I'd imagine if your a DPS player your wait times will go up quite a bit using this.

In some respects im going to miss the randomness and the odd hamster + 4 dps 1 healer games but it will be fun knowing your sr for each role. It's certainly going to take a lot of messing away from the team select

longer queue time for dps only folk should help push them to try other roles. Or else they'll **** off to fortnite, who cares really :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Having a rank for each role sounds pretty cool.

anyone notice how crazy fast the matchmaking has been lately, we literally hit comp anf we've a game 2 seconds later, sometimes instant, this is with 4-5 stack as well. Had to take 5 min breaks after a few games

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Having a rank for each role sounds pretty cool.

I'm ready for diamond Healer, Gold tank and Bronze DPS :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Is 2-2-2 going into Quickplay too? I like the chaos the way it is.
    I see Brig is nerfed again on PTR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement