Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

baptiste is in comp, havent a clue about him but glad he's been instalocked, likely wont have to support as much for a while

2 SR pb :)

Anyone still playing?

Had 3 top 500 players in my game yesterday and still none of them on mic. Would like to get to masters before season is out, on a great run at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

I am not happy with the game as before, because it is difficult to find adequate or calm companions, or I am so lucky. It’s good that you learned how to work with evil and toxic players, I liked the mechanics of incentives :)

Liam128 wrote: »
    I am not happy with the game as before, because it is difficult to find adequate or calm companions, or I am so lucky. It’s good that you learned how to work with evil and toxic players, I liked the mechanics of incentives :)

On xbox there's so few people on voice that its quite rare to have someone being noticeably toxic, I had one guy this season in my 10+ hours that I reported and avoided. I play a little on pc as well and its far worse because there's more people on voice chat , also there's the text chat which is toxic nearly every second game. Now it's good to have more on voice chat but you definitely need to have a strong neck to deal with the usual blaming of everyone but themselves types

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Still playing, just not as much now Apex Legends has taken hold. I don't think there's any way back for the game community really. When I do play I us Search for Group as I prefer to communicate, but it always goes sour. Lose the first point or whatever and everyone is on each others back giving out ****e instead focusing on the good and going from there. I also find it amazing that the game is three years old and you STILL get DPS trying to 1v6. Don't get me started on DPS Moira.

I had a hanzo yesterday 1 v 6 while the rest of us were grouping up, he died, I hit the "thanks" button and he quit lol, always a certain amount of cretins to play with in any online game so i just accept that x amount of games are going to be lost to throwers, nothing I can do about that so no point in worrying about it. I've had a surprising amount of success with playing mercy when my team pick 5 dps, definitely sr gained which would usually be a loss if I go dps as well. The sheer firepower can sometimes wreck the other team an never allow them to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

fixxxer wrote: »
    Don't get me started on DPS Moira.

Just won a round in Plat, top elims, dmg, obj time, obj elims and did 23k healing which was the most on all teams :P

Im having great success with moira as well, 72% winrate after about 4-5 hours, 70% on another account with about 4 hours.

Just won a round in Plat, top elims, dmg, obj time, obj elims and did 23k healing which was the most on all teams :P

Different levels I guess. Don't love those tense moments in a fight when I'm waiting to see if our Moira heals or not.

• Advertisement

Different levels I guess. Don't love those tense moments in a fight when I'm waiting to see if our Moira heals or not.

It always happens, moiras ability to kill makes it very distracting. I was one on one with a rein as brig and in the deathcam i could see the moira was tickling the rein when she could have kept me alive to kill him.

I've been guilty of it a few times this season and i apologised on mic before anyone had a chance to freak. You just get caught up thinking i'll just grab this kill and ill be over to you in a second and then it takes ages to get the kill and now your team is dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still playing, just not as much now Apex Legends has taken hold. I don't think there's any way back for the game community really. When I do play I us Search for Group as I prefer to communicate, but it always goes sour. Lose the first point or whatever and everyone is on each others back giving out ****e instead focusing on the good and going from there. I also find it amazing that the game is three years old and you STILL get DPS trying to 1v6. Don't get me started on DPS Moira.

I'm the same, don't play OW much anymore since Apex came out.

But the same problem exists in Apex to be fair. Teammates charging off against a 3-man squad on their own.

Promptly dies and often either immediately disconnects before you can retrieve them, or else demands you run 200m and risk the rest of the squad to recover them.

I'm a Moira main, after a while you just get into pure healing mindset, with DPS only as strictly required. My damage to healing ratio is normally something like 1:5 or 1:6.

My only bugbear is you have to DPS sometimes to a) finish off soft targets or scare them away and b) recharge.

But there's always some clown on the team sees you using drain once and it's "Moira pls heal" and "****ing dps moira cancer" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I'm the same, don't play OW much anymore since Apex came out.

But the same problem exists in Apex to be fair. Teammates charging off against a 3-man squad on their own.

Promptly dies and often either immediately disconnects before you can retrieve them, or else demands you run 200m and risk the rest of the squad to recover them.

I'm a Moira main, after a while you just get into pure healing mindset, with DPS only as strictly required. My damage to healing ratio is normally something like 1:5 or 1:6.

My only bugbear is you have to DPS sometimes to a) finish off soft targets or scare them away and b) recharge.

But there's always some clown on the team sees you using drain once and it's "Moira pls heal" and "****ing dps moira cancer" etc.

I'm in a similar boat, I haven't played at all since end of January. It's a game I was playing pretty regularly since it came out in 2016. I've seen the new maps/heroes but I just can't be bothered trying it anymore. The yoyo nature of progression was really annoying.

as mentioned Apex isn't that good either, but at least I'm not playing for 20/30 minutes or listening to people flip out.

Going to see if role queue will be a feature, that might tempt me back.

New developer update just released, sounds interesting if outside my ability level.

Workshop mode, to allow fine detail custom game modes to be given. Examples were a mode when when characters touch the floor, they catch fire or Mirror Death Match where everyone plays the same character but that character changes every 60 seconds.

Coming to PC and console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

New developer update just released, sounds interesting if outside my ability level.

Workshop mode, to allow fine detail custom game modes to be given. Examples were a mode when when characters touch the floor, they catch fire or Mirror Death Match where everyone plays the same character but that character changes every 60 seconds.

Coming to PC and console.
    They should fix the core game and **** off with gimmicks

On one hand, yeah its pretty cheeky to give the community the job of making content when Blizzard seem to be neglecting it themselves.

On the other hand, people can do some pretty cool stuff so it could be really fun in the right hands.

Started playing again last night since I posted here.

Another freefall in motion again. Seven game loss in a row, with blue card healing in every game. Love it. Remember now why I stopped playing.

Honestly would you not just stop playing Moira and learn some other characters, you'll get better at the game in the long run, come back to her once you've a larger pool of players to pick from

Yeah, I think I'll just switch to Soldier. It's not half as frustrating.

Anyway there'll be no more comp for me. I've had 3 'rendering device lost' crashes in comp since last night, which has cost me another 150SR. Quick look on the Blizzard forums and it's a known problem with RTX cards since last year.

Doesn't happen with any other game, just OW.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I think I'll just switch to Soldier. It's not half as frustrating.

Anyway there'll be no more comp for me. I've had 3 'rendering device lost' crashes in comp since last night, which has cost me another 150SR. Quick look on the Blizzard forums and it's a known problem with RTX cards since last year.

Doesn't happen with any other game, just OW.

Give McCree a go over soldier, more fun and more impact if you can aim.

• Advertisement

i get that rendering crash as well, im on work pc though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I caved, reinstalled, tried comp again.
    1W 7-9L
    No comms. No coordination. DPS "flanking" after team has died (i.e. going 1v4).
    Alternatively, DPS not being able to hit anything. Tanks not being healed. Etc.

I uninstalled.
    Then saw the Workshop.
    Reinstalling to try that out :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i get that rendering crash as well, im on work pc though

I've been getting that for a good while now, I'm not sure which update introduced it. Is there a fix?

I don't even have an RTX card just a 1070.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've been getting that for a good while now, I'm not sure which update introduced it. Is there a fix?

I don't even have an RTX card just a 1070.

If you're getting crashes, try lowering your overclock to factory levels.
    OW doesn't like overclocked GPUs.

I used to get it infrequently with my 1080Ti but getting it a lot with my 2080.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I'm getting an bug frequently now that will deselect my hero at the end of the 'choose your hero' countdown.
    I think it might be linked to alt-tabbing but I'm not sure.

Also have they added a delay on the match loading screen where it shows the two team lists?
    What's-her-face says "Now entering King's Row. Select your hero" and it continues to load for another 5 seconds. Never used to do that.

I noticed that last night as well. It definitely takes longer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I noticed that last night as well. It definitely takes longer now.

I'm assuming it's to stop people on SSD's getting a head start on picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Morpork wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's to stop people on SSD's getting a head start on picks.

Overwatch is the only game that I have on my ssd because of how slowly it used to load the assets off the hdd, particularly just after an update. It was almost scary wandering around a map only seeing icons and no character models or voicelines.

• Advertisement

Pooped my season away last night, game crashed twice...anyone else on Xbox had crashes? Peaked 3404, very happy with that anyway , think I lost about 120 last night between crashes and beatings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement