Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

IvoryTower wrote: »
    6th most played character in the game, 4th most used healer, even above zen, I would gladly play her and be confident I would be useful. She could possibly do with a slight buff but far from useless imo. And remember the current meta is 3 healers that aren't her so obv not going to be picked in owl and that bumps the other healers pick rate. I mercy mained for quite a bit and think she's in a good place at the moment, for comp anyway maybe not for pros. In comp people rarely play goats so she's a decent pick on defense a lot of the time

I think at the very least when someone picks Mercy you know you've got at the very least, someone who will take a decent stab at healing.

When someone picks Ana, Lucio, Moira, Zen, it's a total unknown, and often totally lacking, with players going way too heavy on DPS even if sometimes by accident than design (like a Moira throwing a purple orb when the team is half dead).

But Moira is a better healer than Mercy as long as the user is actually playing her as healer, and she can defend herself as well. I like Mercy and am decent with but think she's overall not a great choice. It's super rare for me to be out-healed by a Mercy or any other healer.

I think Baptiste is grand. Not OP and a bit like Ash, will slot in OK but wouldn't expect to see a huge amount of him, he's a mish-mash of other characters but doesn't excel at anything really and people are already going way too DPS heavy with him.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Rail Gun!

Funny you say that because I was just thinking the other day, the only other unique weapon/class I could think of would be a 'tank-killer' class.

Something like widow-maker meets bastion with a large rifle/weapon that can only be fired stationary, but pierces (not destroys) shields.

Obviously it would need a lot of work/balance but it'd be another interesting dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

IvoryTower wrote: »
    6th most played character in the game, 4th most used healer, even above zen, I would gladly play her and be confident I would be useful. She could possibly do with a slight buff but far from useless imo. And remember the current meta is 3 healers that aren't her so obv not going to be picked in owl and that bumps the other healers pick rate. I mercy mained for quite a bit and think she's in a good place at the moment, for comp anyway maybe not for pros. In comp people rarely play goats so she's a decent pick on defense a lot of the time

She's picked cos she's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rail Gun!

Ashe's mid-air Dynamite is basically a Shock Rifle combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They could do some one with a flamethrower I suppose. Could also use it to counter Mei. She freezes and your flame guy thaws you.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They could do some one with a flamethrower I suppose. Could also use it to counter Mei. She freezes and your flame guy thaws you.

RIP Sombra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Find a Group feature working perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Whats going on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I think he heard the kid say hi and decided against playing with those who's voice hasn't broken yet. I know how he feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

penev10 wrote: »
    I think he heard the kid say hi and decided against playing with those who's voice hasn't broken yet. I know how he feels.

That was it exactly. Thought it was a bit harsh personally. You need those youthful reflexes in the DPS players. Its why old men like myself play Main Tank.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    That was it exactly. Thought it was a bit harsh personally. You need those youthful reflexes in the DPS players. Its why old men like myself play Main Tank.

Gotta protect the young'ins and show em how it's done :cool:

fixxxer wrote: »

To be honest, the amount of times I've groaned inwardly when some high-pitched squeaker crops up on team chat, only for that person to almost carry the team....usually DPS as well.

I was playing comp the other day and our Reaper (plat) sounded like he really couldn't have been more than about 11 or 12, but he made bits of the enemy team.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

To be honest, the amount of times I've groaned inwardly when some high-pitched squeaker crops up on team chat, only for that person to almost carry the team....usually DPS as well.

I was playing comp the other day and our Reaper (plat) sounded like he really couldn't have been more than about 11 or 12, but he made bits of the enemy team.
    You must be lucky; usually the once I hear are along the lines of "You're all a bunch of ****ing losers ******s who can't do **** even when I carry" says the guy with 2 kills and 13 deaths as DPS.

Nody wrote: »
    You must be lucky; usually the once I hear are along the lines of "You're all a bunch of ****ing losers ******s who can't do **** even when I carry" says the guy with 2 kills and 13 deaths as DPS.

How are you even counting that though?
    You can't see your team mates' stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How are you even counting that though?
    You can't see your team mates' stats.

You see death notices, you see lads solo flanking or diving like a wrecking ball with no lucio bitch ing about nobody following him in when the team doesn't have the speed to

I'm going to uninstall for my own sanity.

Getting rolled constantly despite doing the exact same thing as the previous game is just wrong.
    Losing a game where opponents forced 3-3 in OT, then we lose because we're now 5v6 (thanks, leaver) is the final straw.

I've got a large library to go through.
    And Sekiro next month.
    That was a fun-ish 3 years but the lack of teamwork in this team game is overwhelming.

It's probably best for your health. Comp is a place for people who don't really care &/or people who play with a group

In saying that i played a game this morning where 4 were on comms, one irish dude, they were friendly and we worked as a team. We won and it was very satisfying, rare beautiful solo q game!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I play practically only solo queue and I enjoy the game plenty. Quite happy still hopping on to do my placements every couple of months.

Some days I can't lose if I tried, others I couldn't buy a win and some are win one lose one etc. No different from any other shooter I've played tbh.

Im back playing a lot of r6 at the moment, the only really similar type of game on console imo(pc has counterstrike), its comes with similar struggles. The amount of quitters and teamkills are disheartening, you just have to take it on the chin and get on with it. Can you imagine overwatcxh with teamkills? yeah its that bad! If it annoys you too much then not worth it. The only other shooters are now battle royal games and cod which I love but quickly gets boring.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the frustrating part; the only other FPS I like is Quake Champions, and that has its own problems.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

R6 is a great game but it rages me out to no end when things go bad. Overwatch is like a weekend meditating at a Buddhist temple in the Himalayas for my stress levels in comparison.

R6 is a great game but it rages me out to no end when things go bad. Overwatch is like a weekend meditating at a Buddhist temple in the Himalayas for my stress levels in comparison.

I know what you mean. Recently a team mate pinged a wall when we were setting up for defense, he meant to break it but I barricaded it instead so he killed me. For those who haven't played r6 here's some perspective, that's the equivalent of teamkilling orisa for putting her shield in the wrong place while setting up for defence, and there's no respawn so you have to sit out the whole round thanks to this clown. Obviously you're not going to let this slide so you team kill the clown in the next round. But at this point the game is already lost so its just a great waste of time tbh. If the teamkilling starts now I tend to leave and switch to OW, then when I get throwers in OW I switch back!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Overwatch is a different game when you have 5-6 people on mic all working towards a win. Still one of my favourite gaming experiences. Sadly, it’s rare, particularly on Xbox.

I just don't play comp anymore. Far too frustrating solo queue. I play Moira healer exclusively and am very consistent, usually always get a blue card for heals, but at one point dropped from plat to silver in one day even though I did solid numbers in every game (and in fact, some record numbers, because team was getting so damaged).

Mostly it's just unsuitable/countered character choices and people refusing to change. We've all had games where a widow/tracer runs out, dies, runs out, dies, ad naseum without accomplishing anything. Or the enemy has a genji wrecking the team but no-one will change to a proper counter.

Back to high gold now, had planned crawling back to plat but the willpower just isn't there any more.

Play Mystery Heroes now 99% of the time, and still loving the game all the same. I'll only play comp again if playing with people I know, but a lot of my friends have stopped playing comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just don't play comp anymore. Far too frustrating solo queue. I play Moira healer exclusively and am very consistent, usually always get a blue card for heals, but at one point dropped from plat to silver in one day even though I did solid numbers in every game (and in fact, some record numbers, because team was getting so damaged).

Mostly it's just unsuitable/countered character choices and people refusing to change. We've all had games where a widow/tracer runs out, dies, runs out, dies, ad naseum without accomplishing anything. Or the enemy has a genji wrecking the team but no-one will change to a proper counter.

Back to high gold now, had planned crawling back to plat but the willpower just isn't there any more.

Play Mystery Heroes now 99% of the time, and still loving the game all the same. I'll only play comp again if playing with people I know, but a lot of my friends have stopped playing comp.

If you've a terrible healer on your team you'll lose 90% of the time but even if your the best healer in the world you will not carry a team if the rest of the team is poor/not working together.

I've had games of Moira with no extra rounds and I'm getting high teens in healing and still being told I'm doing a terrible job. You can't account for morons who can't accept when it's their fault.

Dafran retires, no craziness this time just wants to chill! Sad though, I followed owl up until they were knocked out

If you play on PC there are ample places to find squads/clans/scrims - regular 6v6 all on coms games. Every YouTube channel has their own Discord server now with pugs and recruitment.

If you play on PC there are ample places to find squads/clans/scrims - regular 6v6 all on coms games. Every YouTube channel has their own Discord server now with pugs and recruitment.

I tried joining an all-Irish OW Discord last year.
    Had less than 10 games, as every time we'd group up & lose, 4 of em would just quit. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I tried joining an all-Irish OW Discord last year.
    Had less than 10 games, as every time we'd group up & lose, 4 of em would just quit. :rolleyes:
    Just like lfg 🙄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement