Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is 2-2-2 going into Quickplay too? I like the chaos the way it is.
    I see Brig is nerfed again on PTR.

It is but they're adding a permanent playlist to arcade called quickplay classic or something.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got platinum on tank and support and silver on DPS. Always played mainly tank and support on my main account and never got higher than high gold. Not sure if PTR ranks take your ranks on the main build into account though?

Really like the system so far I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1153364082923384833?s=19

New Tank hero Sigma announced. He's an astrophysicist who now works with Talon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1153364082923384833?s=19

New Tank hero Sigma announced. He's an astrophysicist who now works with Talon.

i like that alot slightly disturbing kind of scifi horror in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Awesome intro. His voice lines are gonna be great.

• Advertisement

He's up on PTR now. Abilities look good but not sure if he's the type of hero I'd enjoy playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

His ult is redic, does half max hp as damage, how does something like that not get shot down immediately? :confused::rolleyes:

nix wrote: »
    His ult is redic, does half max hp as damage, how does something like that not get shot down immediately? :confused::rolleyes:

Is it half max HP or half current HP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Is it half max HP or half current HP?
    Half max

Half max

I assume its actual HP then and not shields/armour? So if you catch Zen in it the ultimate will half his health go on impact but his blue bar will take no damage?

I do like his shield though. Be very good at blocking an Phara Ult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It's not overly powerful in terms of HP damage really, compared to a D.Va bomb, or a slash of Genji's ult. I think it seems more useful in terms of disruption and breaking through bunkers/chokes. Looks cool, can't wait to try it.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    It's not overly powerful in terms of HP damage really, compared to a D.Va bomb, or a slash of Genji's ult. I think it seems more useful in terms of disruption and breaking through bunkers/chokes. Looks cool, can't wait to try it.

It depends how you use it. Rein shield team?? Deadeye, lift rein with ult, kill those he blocked. He will be a high skill tank imo

A Neurotic wrote: »

Yeah but DVA's ult gives plenty of warning, Sigma's looks like a safer Doomfist ult, like check it in play here:

https://youtu.be/BOtacSyl6jQ?t=114

Dont forget its a mass stun aswell as damage, pairing it with DVa ult or junk/pharah or even a half assed Mcree ult is pretty much a wipe for anybody caught in it o_O

Yeah but DVA's ult gives plenty of warning, Sigma's looks like a safer Doomfist ult, like check it in play here:

https://youtu.be/BOtacSyl6jQ?t=114

Dont forget its a mass stun aswell as damage, pairing it with DVa ult or junk/pharah or even a half assed Mcree ult is pretty much a wipe for anybody caught in it o_O

But if you see him in the air you know the Ult is coming and you can just split up like with Doomfist.

But if you see him in the air you know the Ult is coming and you can just split up like with Doomfist.

I'm telling ya you will see pros start to solo lift rein and dvas out of the way so other ults will get full effect.

Seems like the obvious synergy. Start a dead eye, lift rein, end dead eye

I'm telling ya you will see pros start to solo lift rein and dvas out of the way so other ults will get full effect.

Seems like the obvious synergy. Start a dead eye, lift rein, end dead eye

Pros will. But not the cabbages at my level :pac:

Dva combo would be better. Lift everyone into the air and fire your bomb in along the ground. No way for them to get to cover.

Hamster might work as well. You lift in the air, Hamster drops his mines and then you slam them onto the mines.

So the clickbait articles are already in full swing about how the designer of Sigma said his bare feet gives him the 'asylum look'.

Who wants to bet Blizzard will fold in a week and put slippers on him.

Heh, if they wanted to give him an asylum look, they prob shouldnt have put him in a techno armour suit :rolleyes:

I dont give a toss myself, but for those that really really care, they have a point in that it looks daft..

:pac::pac::pac:

Heh, if they wanted to give him an asylum look, they prob shouldnt have put him in a techno armour suit :rolleyes:

I dont give a toss myself, but for those that really really care, they have a point in that it looks daft..

:pac::pac::pac:

I think it looks a bit odd myself but the entire twatter outrage over stigmatising mental health breaks my aging brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

2-2-2 lock? Worth coming back for? Are the game any better. Lot of day one players (with mixed ranked levels) here so interested in hearing your opinions rather than reddit et al.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    2-2-2 lock? Worth coming back for? Are the game any better. Lot of day one players (with mixed ranked levels) here so interested in hearing your opinions rather than reddit et al.

Its still only on PTR at the minute but games seem a lot better. You have people locking in the role they want to play so they are less likely to get annoyed by having to fill/have 5 DPS players etc.

It's great you can have separate ranks for the different roles as well.

The different rank for roles is the best thing. Pretty much negates the need for a second account if I want to play DPS in ranked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

It's great you can have separate ranks for the different roles as well.

Really? That's a super idea!

I'll give it another month or two before stepping back into the breach! Seems very positive so far!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The different rank for roles is the best thing. Pretty much negates the need for a second account if I want to play DPS in ranked now.

I'm interested to see how I do. I'm a support main (mostly a Moira one trick to be fair ). it'll be nice to try other things in comp without sacrificing SR.

Am I right in thinking though that queue times are affected based on choice? So I assume heals get in a game pretty quick whilst DPS will have long(er) waits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

yep, tank is quickest on the ptr, hasnt been a long wait for any of them but that could be different when it goes live. You can select to play any roll which will no doubt be my go too

When you're a Moira main that's at peak drunk and fancies a bit of Widow to see what all the fuss is about. (it's not that special, just I can't Widow so I'm sorta chuffed...... )

Widow headshot is very satisfying, I cant play her for **** unfortunately

Orisa pull off map, hog hook, all boop kills, widow headshot, I feel like these are the most satisfying aspect of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Cannot wait for 2-2-2 to hit consoles. DPS everywhere is awful. Update definitely tonight?

Is it going live early this evening or after midnight?

• Advertisement

Between 6 and 8 I believe , beta conp for 2 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement