Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    The key slowly cycles through the colours of the rainbow as Vrakrash walks forward. Looking closely at the key he can see magical energy inside.

He arrives at the domed building, whose emerald door is now blue, as is the key.

Vrakrash looks for a keyhole, and if he finds one, checks it carefully before inserting the key.

OOC: You'd hardly kill us just entering the tower... would you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks for a keyhole, and if he finds one, checks it carefully before inserting the key.

OOC: You'd hardly kill us just entering the tower... would you :p
    The keyhole courses with energies similar to that of the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

**Pati-kake, we're heading inside, you dug that grave up for me yet?**

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks around him, shrugs and turns the key.

OOC: Dex save

• Advertisement

OOC: Dex save

OOC: 18

A pulse of energy rushes down the tower, through the column and gathers in the key hole.

Vrakrash jumps backward as the entire sixteen foot region about the dome turns purple and the soil and key vanish.

Vrakrash stands slightly back from the newly created moat. Across it, the emerald door is now open.

Karinth investigates the ground, feeling and smelling the soil.

"Hellaportation...you would have been in a higher demon's slave pits or worse my friend. Close"

Vrakrash wipes the sweat from his brow and nods at Karinth.

'Could have been another tale to tell the grand-dragons though, ha....'

He looks at the moat. OOC: five metres, yeah?

'I wonder could we jump this safely? Oh well, no harm in trying.'

Vrakrash jumps across the moat towards the door...

Ooc : 5m? Citra has bigger toenails!

• Advertisement

OOC: Sorry I usually try to give Imperial inline with the D&D books. That should be 16 feet.
    Vrakrash jumps across the moat towards the door...
    He lands safely on the other side. He can see within the domed building there is a spiral staircase leading upward.

The rest of the room is empty except for a spherical gem in the center of the floor.

OOC: Of course there's a gem :pac:

Vrakrash looks to Karinth.

'Probably best to leave the gem, would you say Karinth?'

Vrakrash checks the stairs for traps and proceeds slowly upwards.

OOC: Of course there's a gem :pac:

Vrakrash looks to Karinth.

'Probably best to leave the gem, would you say Karinth?'

Vrakrash checks the stairs for traps and proceeds slowly upwards.
    "Yes" nods Karinth "I doubt it simply comes free and is purely decorative"

The stairs seem to have no traps. Vrakrash ascends with Karinth and Ser Boros following.

Retula whistles tunelessly, cocking her head at Citra and Formerly Naked Dude

"So are you two going in or was this whole tower thing just about keeping Jnr busy while you eviscerate me?"

Eventually they come to the top of the stairs. A large brown wooden door stands before them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric looks at the trench that has been excavavted and if its any deeper than 5 foot he'll jump across it but if its less than five foot deep then he'll hop down and climb out the other side.

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula whistles tunelessly, cocking her head at Citra and Formerly Naked Dude

"So are you two going in or was this whole tower thing just about keeping Jnr busy while you eviscerate me?"
    "You're out here too little miss god" Stroupy teases, as he then walks past her toward the tower.

Citra follows.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric looks at the trench that has been excavavted and if its any deeper than 5 foot he'll jump across it but if its less than five foot deep then he'll hop down and climb out the other side.
    Sarric climbs down, hops up and catches up with Vrakrash and the rest at the top of the stairs.

"You're out here too little miss god" Stroupy teases, as he then walks past her toward the tower.

Citra follows.

"I have dependents. When you have kids of your own - and I don't mean for dinner, or to sell into slavery to run Choo choos - you'll understand. That's not an offer, Stroup."

**Dude, check in or I'm returning you. You're making me look bad! I still have warranty**

"I have dependents. When you have kids of your own - and I don't mean for dinner, or to sell into slavery to run Choo choos - you'll understand. That's not an offer, Stroup."

**Dude, check in or I'm returning you. You're making me look bad! I still have warranty**
    Patinkin responds slowly.

**An...ancient...bird...wizard of some kind**

Hetyaro nods at Retula.

• Advertisement

Sarric gives the door a quick couple of knocks, "Hello...", and waits.

Sarric gives the door a quick couple of knocks, "Hello...", and waits.
    "YES?"

A deep voice, though clearly female.

Something large can be heard moving behind the door.

******! One of those Kenku wannabe losers? Couldn't even be bothered with a coffin. Unless he has something awesome sticking out of his beak, fill it in and drop a Thultanthar Steamer on the grave, I'll catch you up.

H, fly me across**

"You have visitors, be rude to leave us standing outside all day."

******! One of those Kenku wannabe losers? Couldn't even be bothered with a coffin. Unless he has something awesome sticking out of his beak, fill it in and drop a Thultanthar Steamer on the grave, I'll catch you up.

H, fly me across**
    Hetayro flies Retula across the gap and they reach the top of the stairs quite quickly.

"You have visitors, be rude to leave us standing outside all day."
    The door is opened by a massive minotaur female standing in a room with an open fire.

Beside the fire a polar bear skin rug and a table set with five meals.

On the South wall another wooden door.

"Nice setup you have here. Are we intruding, looks like you are just about to have dinner."

"Nice setup you have here. Are we intruding, looks like you are just about to have dinner."
    "Yes, I was. Come in I suppose. No reason to stop you"

She stomps away and sits at the table, digging into the meat.

Sarric enters and goes over to warm his hands on the fire.
    "Hi I'm Sarric,
    been told that those who enter here never leave.
    Now that we have entered, I'd really not like to follow that trend.
    Can you us any hints about the tower? shortcuts, maps, anything that could assist us.

Would you be interested in being our guide?

or do you know anyone who would like to guide us?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I follow in the dark so stealth you didn’t know I was here

Advertisement