Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BRUNO.22

madrab wrote:
    its mainly due to the spirilling costs of insurance payouts as there is no fixed system & people want as much compo as they can get

i dont get the way the noclaims works? if i drive a bike for 3 years(3yr ncb) and get a new one does that mean i have to start my ncb again?

ps damn you!!! :D

YOUR NCB STAYS WITH YOU NO MATTER WHAT THE BIKE.IF YOUR NOT INSURED FOR 2 YEARS OR MORE THEN ITS SCRAPPED.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

madrab wrote:
    get the provisional a rather than the a1, the a1 licence is pointless
    Unless you're under 18, OR you own a 125 or smaller bike and can't borrow/hire a bigger bike for the test.
    But yeah, passing the A1 test is NO benefit to you whatever if you want to move up to bikes over 125cc later. Passing your car test is no good, either, unless you only want to ride restricted mopeds (<45km/h and <50cc)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Hi

Just a quick one
    Can some one tell me the Tel numbers for the following company
    Aon insurace :confused: (who are they, what does Aon stand for...do they have a web site?)

As my Hib insurance is nearly finished and..... (should have done this months ago...)

Thanks again
    Dan:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Aon Bikecare: 1890777555

I'm insured with these guys, can't say if they are any good or not, haven't had to claim yet. X.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

I went to the jacks's...Had a tea.....And behold....
    Slaanesh wrote:
    Aon Bikecare: 1890777555

I'm insured with these guys, can't say if they are any good or not, haven't had to claim yet. X.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aine Smith

Hi, much the same with a broker for three years and every year i have shopped around but have to say if they havent beaten the quotes i recieved they have matched them,, so all chuffed. have my test shortly so cant wait to get some spondoolies back.
    By the way my "so far" unbeatable brokers are WWW.BRITTONINSURANCE.IE
    They are really sound too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

I'm 27 with a full A1 licence and 6 years claim free driving. Two years ago I was quoted 990 euro by Aon for fully comp insurance on a GN-125, the next year it went up to a grand, when I asked them about this they said it was due to a change in underwriters. I got my renewal notice last week, it hasn't come down a penny.

I've just bought a Bros 400. Carole Nash has quoted me 1330 for third party, fire & theft on the Bros and for T.P.O. on a 50cc scooter I've also got. That's with a provisional A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

paneuropean 01
    tpft
    full no claims bonus
    carroll nash 500E
    aon 220E :D third party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Billabong

1 year no claims bonus
    full license for past 7 months

AON insurance living in dublin 3rd party
    BROS 400 or CBR250rr - 2150

AON insurance living in maynooth which is actually closer to dublin city centre than where I live in Dublin
    BROS 400 or CBR250rr - 1400

Carol Nash living in dublin
    BROS 400 - 1750
    CBR250rr - extortionate so i didn't bother noting it down

Living outside Dublin I would save about 200 euros with carol nash.

Anyway i've decided to leave the country so i'm not gonna cry over it. Will post my overseas insurance quotes when I get them just so you can see what a mother####in rip off ireland is.:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

€471 fully comp w/ AON
    Suzuki VanVan 125
    full NCB
    full licence for two years
    livin in cork
    have breasts

Almost half last years quote

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

up North here...

full licence for past 8 month
    No NCB
    £300 sterling for Tpft on a Honda Hornet 250cc with rampdale

you southern guys and gals are getting well ripped off!!

ben

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chilli

Any one here have a bros400
    I am going to ring CN later today but I dont want to have a heart attack if its going to be a massive price

Im 27
    Provision License
    First Insurance
    Bros400

Any ideas what that would be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

gonna say 1800, probably more

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

County would have a big bearing on it chilli. If you're outside of Dublin, perhaps 1800. If you're inside Dublin, then closer to twice that. It's also a little outside the legal licence limits...

bros 400 is within limits for a provisional

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

27f, 3 yrs NCB, Full A, Marauder 250
    Aon
    -€1186 comp
    -€502 tpo

CN
    €978 -tpft

Hibernian
    €583 - transfer until policy runs out in july and then have 4yrs ncb- i didnt think they'd let me so i got other quotes first! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

Age 34
    Full A Past 12 Years
    Vmx1200 (V-max)
    Full No Claims
    CN €360 tpft

Must try Aon this year..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Just to show how much we are beig ripped off:
    In Australia I paid 30 euro for third party (part of my car tax/registration and same for everyone regardless of age, or NCB)
    fully comp was an extra 130 euro this is on a 50 cc scooter
    For bikes over 600cc T.P. is 160 euro regardless of age/ previous driving experience.

Dubsmax wrote:
    Age 34
    Full A Past 12 Years
    Vmx1200 (V-max)
    Full No Claims
    CN €360 tpft

Must try Aon this year..:D
    drooool, vmax, drooool, insurance wont touch me if i have one, droool

(Damn u!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BaldiePablo

Suzuki GSXR 750 ('04)
    27 YOA living in Athlone (Prov A - havent bothered to sit test yet!!)
    AON - €1350 (3rd Party) with 3 years NCB
    Never claimed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

Bike: Suzuki GSX 250 FX (Japanese import)
    License: Full A
    Area: Dublin
    NCB: ---
    Insurance: TPFT
    Carole Nash: E2200
    Insurance when I was in Japan for same bike: E200

That's 11 times more in Ireland than Japan. It made me cry when I was paying, especially when they wouldn't let me use my Japanese no claims bonus. Hibernian let me use my Japanese NCB for their car insurance so what's the difference with a motorbike??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

How come I can only see 2 pages of posts in this thread !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BaldiePablo

Dunno Chief ... I see 8

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The premiums you bikers are paying are plain scary.

They Make motor insurance on cars look almost cheap :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

im paying about a third as a named driver on the mothers dinky of what im payin for my own bike bearing in mind im on a second provisional on the car and 6 years driving bikes(2 w/ full licence)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Harley Man

I've been trying to get quotes, but I have not had much luck.

I'll be moving to Ireland this summer and I have been researching about transfering my MC license over to Ireland. No can do, so I have to start from scratch and the restrictions placed on the Provisional and Full license are depressing.

I ride a 1999 Harley-Davidson Wide Glide that I plan on shipping over when we move. The quotes I've been reading here scare the hell out of me, but I guess you have to pay the piper to enjoy the roads on 2 wheels. I've taken Advanced Rider courses in the states, but none of this will apply in Ireland, so I'll probably take them in Ireland if they help reduce the premiums.

:cool:

you think the insurance is bad over here, wait till you see the roads :D

I've been driving there for 17 years while on vacations. I admit, some of the rural roads are nasty, but many of the main roads have really improved.

The kicker for me is that all my experience on Harleys, being a road captain for my local club, Experience Rider course, etc. does not mean diddley for me when I move. I have to start from scratch with a provisional and then get my full license. I'm still trying to find out if I can use my Harley based on the restriction.

One saving grace is that I can ride on my US license for 12 months. I'm just not looking forward to shelling out a lot of money for insurance. Over here I'm paying about $380.00 for full coverage.

I was just quoted 823 Euro by AON for full comp on my 1999 Harley. This will be reduced further after passing an Advanced Rider course and building up the no claims discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Make sure you get the quote in writing(probably hard since you're in the US) - they have a habit of changing it when you actually go to take them up on the offer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement