Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

€380 p.a. 3PFT. Vmax 1990 (full power) - CN. Full A, 39 y.o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

38 yr old
    50 cc scooter
    575 euro TPFT Aon

I pay 600 fully comp on a 911 carrera (classic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Andras

27 years old
    honda varadero 125
    aon tpo 767/full 1532
    cn 1600 -and he asked me how does it feel for me, i told that aon gave me 767.... no more questions asked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Traumadoc wrote:
    38 yr old
    50 cc scooter
    575 euro TPFT Aon

I pay 600 fully comp on a 911 carrera (classic)
    Jesus. I cann see why you're suffering from trauma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ta2kev

I just got a quote off AON for the craic.
    22 Years Old
    Provisional A
    0 No Claims
    Yamaha Dragstar XVS125 (group 2)
    €1494 TPO

I had an XVS650 when I was 18/19 and I had it restricted, at that time I was paying Hibernian €3600 TPO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sebg

I am 26, provisional license still, 1 year NCB. Currently I ride a Yamaha TMax 500, which cost me 1050 or thereabouts.

Some quotes I got now that the year is almost up (from Carole Nash):
    Re-insuring the Tmax: 912eur
    All the next quotes are based on a '02' bike (not sure how much bike age affects quotes)
    Honda Deauville: (3rd Party only): 593eur
    Yamaha Fazer 600: 1378eur
    BMW R850R: 1250eur
    Suzuki Bandit 650: 1145eur
    Kawasaki Z750: 1403eur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Nice0ne

I'm 26 years old and just bought a Yamaha YBR125, cost €2500. I have 2 years NCB riding mopeds. Still on my provisional bike licence. AON quoted me €622 third party and €1281 full cover.

However I work for an insurance company who'll give me a 50% discount on AON's quote, yipee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

50% discount on AON's quote, that is a nice one, NiceOne!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i used to work fro hibernina when i started on bikes so i was givin an automatic 5 year ncb + staff discount :D it was nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ta2kev wrote:
    I just got a quote off AON for the craic.
    22 Years Old
    Provisional A
    0 No Claims
    Yamaha Dragstar XVS125 (group 2)
    €1494 TPO

Sorry but has insurance on bikes come down in the last 12 months??

I was 22, full A1 licence, 2 years no claims and my insurance was still €1800. I'm gonna give them a call and see how much my renewal will be.:mad:

• Advertisement

Sorry but has insurance on bikes come down in the last 12 months??

I was 22, full A1 licence, 2 years no claims and my insurance was still €1800. I'm gonna give them a call and see how much my renewal will be.:mad:

Rang them today, said my renewal when i get my 3 years no claims, I'll be 23 at the time too will be 1100TPO, a disgrace if you ask me. Any advice for me?? Should i make a phantom call to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hey, 22, 4 years provisional, 0 years ncb. Rang Aon for a quote for any 50cc moped and it works out at +/- €480 tpo. For an 80cc moped they were quoting €1200 tpo - wtf?!?! Both bikes were standard models as I asked to be quoted on any base model.. is it normal for such a jump? Then I rang back for a quote on a 125cc moped and it was +/- €1400 tpo.

Couple of quick questions..

Is there a standard bike above a 50cc which is low low insurance, cos at this stage I'll be buying a bike to fit the insurance rather than buy a bike and think about insurance after.

The reason for looking at a bike in the first place is to avoid traffic obv, but will a 50cc be big enough to carry me and me missus in and out of town everyday for work? Its about a 5 mile round trip.

Any help much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The only advise I have is jump in a time machine and go ahead a few years! Your insurance won't go down much until your 25...either that or get a sex change :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

tk123 wrote:
    ...either that or get a sex change :D:D

Its inevitable methinks :( Not that I'd mind having boobies though :o

tk123 wrote:
    The only advise I have is jump in a time machine and go ahead a few years! Your insurance won't go down much until your 25...either that or get a sex change :D:D

Well compared to connundrum, I've got 3 years no claims, I'm 23 (which is a different age group) and I've a full A1 and my quote for a group 2 bike is €1100, only €300 cheaper than his?? It's loco I tell you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 insomniac_32

Im 23 with 3 years NCB.Drive a gilera runner sp which is a piece of ****.Ive had nothing but problems from days 1.Anyway im insured with AON and its costing me €650 tpo which is a joke because last year it was €580.Aparenlty I was hit with a levy to cover pillions - a topic that a few others have been complaining about.Whats even funnier is that when I rang CN for a quote they wanted €1400.Ive applied for my test (no date yet) and Im planning on upgrading to something bigger this summer.Looking around at the factory restricted models that are available.Aon quoted me €2300 on the new ER-6n.Wouldnt quote me on the ZX6r(Id buy it purely for the looks) because although its restricted to 33bhp its group 6 instead of 5.CN dont seem to care about the factory restriction or so they said on the phone.Ive already been given stick from people askin me why I would spend money on a restricted bike but makes no difference to me since im want to beat traffic not land speed records, and it saves €€€'s on insurance.I reckon ill do the Aon/Axa rider training program aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Finch-

Was 2500 on my nsr 75cc , Renwel is gonna be 2300 :mad: wtf like, im now 18 and will have 1 yrs ncb :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nick Carter

Well my insurance quotes haven't been as expensive as you lot it seems!

This is my first post by the way, Hi. I'm Nick Carter.

I've got a restricted Suzuki GSF600 Bandit, 1998 S reg model. Scorpion can, Lazerline alarm + immobiliser, Thatcham approved disk lock, garaged at night etc.

I'm 17 (DOB 2/11/88) and got a TPFT quote of £610 I think, and that was without the lock so it should go down a little.

I've had one car insurance quote for £4k :)

Nick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well my insurance quotes haven't been as expensive as you lot it seems!

This is my first post by the way, Hi. I'm Nick Carter.

I've got a restricted Suzuki GSF600 Bandit, 1998 S reg model. Scorpion can, Lazerline alarm + immobiliser, Thatcham approved disk lock, garaged at night etc.

I'm 17 (DOB 2/11/88) and got a TPFT quote of £610 I think, and that was without the lock so it should go down a little.

I've had one car insurance quote for £4k :)

Nick..

Welcome to Boards.ie Nick,

Can I ask you where you live ?? Just wondering because of your quote of £610 on the Bandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

gotta be uk as there is no chance you would get that here, plus irish companies dont recognise thatcham approved locks afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nick Carter

Yeah, I've only just realised that the .ie is obviously Ireland! Sorry :p

I live in Yorkshire in England yeah. Just rang up to re-confirm it and it's £576 Third party Fire and Theft for my S reg Bandit :)

Well impressed! Just need to get my chain + sproket fitted this weekend, with my restrictor :( and I'm sorted for when I pass my test!

:D

Yeah, I've only just realised that the .ie is obviously Ireland! Sorry :p

I live in Yorkshire in England yeah. Just rang up to re-confirm it and it's £576 Third party Fire and Theft for my S reg Bandit :)

Well impressed! Just need to get my chain + sproket fitted this weekend, with my restrictor :( and I'm sorted for when I pass my test!

:D

Stop rubbing it in mate, you'll have half of the posters here crying when they read this :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Age 24:
    Bike: Yamaha Fazer FZS600 2003 (Restricted)
    Quote: €580 TPO upgrade on policy till renewal in October.
    Quote on renewal date: €630 TPO.

The magical 25.

Oh yeah, getting my Fazer tomorrow :P

Slaanesh wrote:
    Age 24:
    Bike: Yamaha Fazer FZS600 2003 (Restricted)
    Quote: €580 TPO upgrade on policy till renewal in October.
    Quote on renewal date: €630 TPO.

The magical 25.

Oh yeah, getting my Fazer tomorrow :P

Have you got a big NCB ?? where are you in Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Only after ringing Aon for a quote was told €850, The girl asked for my address to post out a written quotation to me, give my address, she tells me to hold on she had put me down as in the country quote now €1330. Guess who's pi$$ed off.

Male 26
    CBR 250R
    Prov.
    1 NCB

currently €1300 with CN

K-TRIC wrote:
    Have you got a big NCB ?? where are you in Ireland ?

I'll have one year NCB in Oct and I have a full license, not too bad eh ?

Slaanesh wrote:
    I'll have one year NCB in Oct and I have a full license, not too bad eh ?

What insurance group is the bike ?

K-TRIC wrote:
    What insurance group is the bike ?

The bike is group 5 with Aon, picked her up this morning ! What a **** day to collect a new motorbike :(

I'm not overly used to big bikes so my mate drove it to work for me with me doing pillion so I haven't even gotten to drive it yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Male, 38
    CBR250R
    No NCB
    Full A license
    €435 TPO €722 Comp

Not bad. Is comp worth having on a '91 bike?

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

Not bad. Is comp worth having on a '91 bike?

The comp is for you as much as it is for the bike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement