Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

WHAT A GAME!!!!!

MVG 5-1 Huybrechts, both 106 average, 7 180s between them, MVG over 70% checkouts. Kims doubles lost him that with only 20% but thats the type of match you would love to see best of 99 instead of just 9!

very very lucky for Wolfie there, Jelle should have won 5-1 if it wasn't for some shocking doubles.

WTF was Jelle doing in the last leg, 221 hits 1 then throws 2 at the bull? I understand 1 at bull maybe but there wwere big treble open to be hit

(I do realise he would have left himself on 170 but still had trebles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Have to agree Jelle just had to slow down and think there cost him the game.

Wolfie loving it though fair play never gave in and plugged away.

NIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A Chisnall nine darter. Great stuff.

• Advertisement

Wright doesent know what's happening to him

Whatever you can do I can do nearly unlucky there snakebite

Another great game! Well after aq few piss poor games at the start of the night the last few games were very enjoyable and some great darts. Delighted for Chizzy with a 9 darter and getting through to next round.

Can't believe PP were offering 10/11 on Chizzy having over 2.5 180s earlier tonight and then just before the game increasing it to evens, he finished the match with 6 :D And won me my 1st bet of the weekend and just about won back what I've lost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The top guys are all at the top of their game.

Going to be a class tournament and the worlds should be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Wolfie is far off his best but Taylor could learn from him in the way he conducts himself. Martin Adams = Pure gent.

Delighted for big Andy, bad game but we must remember where he has came back from plus the man was very ill a few years ago.

For anyone that missed it or anyone that wants to watch it again. I don't think I ever get sick of watching 9 darters....opps gave away the ending :eek:

Monday November 9 (7pm-11pm)
    Groups E-H Final Games
    Jonny Clayton v Geert De Vos (G)
    Robbie Green v Martin Phillips (H)
    Mark Webster v Michel van der Horst (F)
    Gary Anderson v Andy Boulton (E)
    Robert Thornton v Terry Jenkins (G)
    Phil Taylor v Rowby-John Rodriguez (H)
    James Wade v Keegan Brown (F)
    Raymond van Barneveld v Larry Butler (E)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

There's been some very entertaining games so far. Pity it's only first to 5 when they're good but at least you know the crap games will be over quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

very impressed with how adams has conducted himself
    mayby he now sees its not all bad in the pdc, or is he just happy to be proving people wrong winning games?

Beaton beaten by Beaton! :o

CTYE86HWEAELUVe.jpg

edit - players get banned for swearing or throwing their darts down on the stage yet Steve Beaton beats himself off and all we hear are immature jokes about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

that was some average 115 from geert

that was some average 115 from geert

That was a bit unexpected :eek::D It must be (one of) the highest averages for a BDO player in a televised match.

Terry Jenkins seems to have woken up finally after 2 matches. Only heard for the 1st time that Thornton hurt his foot at some stage since winning the grand prix so wouldn't expect him from him in later stages of tournaments coming up. Thats a few times he hurt his foot, remember him limping about before on stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Devastator wrote:
    Terry Jenkins seems to have woken up finally after 2 matches. Only heard for the 1st time that Thornton hurt his foot at some stage since winning the grand prix so wouldn't expect him from him in later stages of tournaments coming up. Thats a few times he hurt his foot, remember him limping about before on stage

Mervin King an Thornton must be made of glass! Always something wrong with em.

ComfortKid wrote: »

Not a massive fan of Thornton with the head shaking, but I think he had a serious illness possibly cancer.

"absolute certainty to win this" Mardle about Phil to beat Rowby...First to 5...I wouldnt bet on it.

ComfortKid wrote: »

Sometimes I tihnk players use injuries as excuses...Thornton is 3/3 in GSOD so it can't be that this time lol Couple of sicknotes
    Not a massive fan of Thornton with the head shaking, but I think he had a serious illness possibly cancer.

First I've heard of that, when was that?

gramar wrote: »
    "absolute certainty to win this" Mardle about Phil to beat Rowby...First to 5...I wouldnt bet on it.

awwwhhhhhhhhhhhh no he didn't did he? I've Taylor -1.5 legs :mad:

He's gave me a sore head whenever hes commentated on a game with all his shouting and general talking balls

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    awwwhhhhhhhhhhhh no he didn't did he? I've Taylor -1.5 legs :mad:

He's gave me a sore head whenever hes commentated on a game with all his shouting and general talking balls

5-2 to Taylor...Rowby had his chances...couldn't finish.
    The way Mardle was going on before it I expected to see him with both arms in a sling.

5-2 to Taylor...Rowby had his chances...couldn't finish.

Aye his doubles let him down at the wrong times. Hit load of big scores, think he's going to be a good player

phew thought mardle scud me :D

Russ Bray has finally caught on(and stopping) Taylor from throwing the board surround over his head. If I was him I'd throw it back lol

phew thought mardle scud me :D

Russ Bray has finally caught on(and stopping) Taylor from throwing the board surround over his head. If I was him I'd throw it back lol

Most annoying thing about Taylor is how he says 'trust me' all of the time.
    He doesn't seem very trustworthy at all.

Sometimes I tihnk players use injuries as excuses...Thornton is 3/3 in GSOD so it can't be that this time lol Couple of sicknotes

First I've heard of that, when was that?

Sorry man it was a very bad case of pneumonia and was laid up for a long time, bit better than having the big C I suppose.

Most annoying thing about Taylor is how he says 'trust me' all of the time.
    He doesn't seem very trustworthy at all.

Oh I rarely listen to his interviews, can't stand the patronising git.
    Sorry man it was a very bad case of pneumonia and was laid up for a long time, bit better than having the big C I suppose.

aye just a bit! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

"Sky Sports F1 to become Sky Sports Darts for the 3 weeks of the World Championships" is being said on all their promos.
    Has to be slightly worrying for UPC viewers as SSF1 has never been part of the UPC Sports package, only comes as standard with Sky.

Lads I'm going to shock you all.....but......I am....I am finding it very hard to admit this......I am cheering on Barney in the next game! :eek: :D

Its the last part of my 5 timer for the night and thats my only reason....normal service will resume afterwards lol

Got Barney -1.5 legs, each other part has been a bit of a sweat so far and surely Barney's dome will be another sweatbox against Butler.

Jaysus butler v Barney is dire stuff.

Barnies head is gone its painful to watch him

Talk bout making hard work of that don't think wade will be worried after that display

• Advertisement

Not....betting.....on.....Barney........ever.......again! PHEW

and he claims he's a top 6 player? hahahahahahahahahaha its performances like that(No offence to Butler) that are exactly why he is 18th in the rankings

Advertisement