Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

pc7 wrote: »
    If her parents are anything like my moron of an aunt you'll get 'ah they all do it now'
    It's actually very frightening

Or a "Sure what can I do about it?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

If her parents are anything like my moron of an aunt you'll get 'ah they all do it now'
    It's actually very frightening
    My friend took that attitude until she got an 800e phone bill.Her daughter was 13. The love of her life lived in Yemen and all she knew about him was a picture of a teenage boy on facebook. He could have been an old man for all she knew.
    Older women can fall for it too. One of my friends who's in her 40's is drooling and communicating with a real touareg, turban and all, who will take her on a trip through the Sahara desert.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Seems legit, I did remove the gmail address I do wonder if that means this might not be above board???

This was posted from one Irish persons account to their friends Facebook wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

One of my friends who's in her 40's is drooling and communicating with a real touareg, turban and all, who will take her on a trip through the Sahara desert.:confused:

She's in love with a Volkswagan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

El Weirdo wrote: »
    She's in love with a Volkswagan?
    You hardly expect her to walk through the Sahara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

sligojoek wrote: »
    You hardly expect her to walk through the Sahara.

A touareg is a nomad tribes man who lives in a tent and treks around the desert on a camel. Volkswagen often borrows foreign words like Sirocco , which is an african wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

A touareg is a nomad tribes man who lives in a tent and treks around the desert on a camel. Volkswagen often borrows foreign words like Sirocco , which is an african wind.

The problem with this thread is that I first thought it was someone trying to spell 'toerag'…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The problem with this thread is that I first thought it was someone trying to spell 'toerag'…

That's not a problem with this thread, that's a problem with you. :P

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That's not a problem with this thread, that's a problem with you. :P

I find I have this problem too. I remember talking to a girl online once and she told me she was doing collage work. I was just about to say "you mean college right?" when she sent me a picture of an actual collage she was making.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The problem I have with this thread is I start taking the piss or joking and say 'anal' or 'telpis' in real life then have to mumble and laugh it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

*57 year old get's 3 years in jail for sexual assault*

"Podofile cun+s being protected omg"

valoren wrote: »
    *57 year old get's 3 years in jail for sexual assault*

"Podofile cun+s being protected omg"

Is that someone that's sexually attracted to Nespresso?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

"Always amazed that someone you consider so close can like a whole load of photos from someone they hardly know and never like/comment on yours."

This is a mature woman, a separated mother of teenage twins, holds down a responsible job, active within the community, sporty, fit, healthy well.

.....but puts pics on Facebook to prove to herself that one particular person hates her because that person wont "comment" (the person "likes" the pics but wont comment) on the pics.
    Nutcases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"Always amazed that someone you consider so close can like a whole load of photos from someone they hardly know and never like/comment on yours."

This is a mature woman, a separated mother of teenage twins, holds down a responsible job, active within the community, sporty, fit, healthy well.

.....but puts pics on Facebook to prove to herself that one particular person hates her because that person wont "comment" (the person "likes" the pics but wont comment) on the pics.
    Nutcases.

Both myself & a friend were unfriended on FB by a female colleague. We reckoned it was because neither of us acknowledged the latest sprog she had. Woman was posting 50 pics a day off all 3/4 of her kids. Lost count after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Both myself & a friend were unfriended on FB by a female colleague. We reckoned it was because neither of us acknowledged the latest sprog she had. Woman was posting 50 pics a day off all 3/4 of her kids. Lost count after a while.

I had the same issue with a SIL . I'm a lot of ways Facebook has done a lot of damage. Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Nutcases.

Aaw, telper :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nutcases.

What amazes me is how a person checking into a fecking restaurant can get around 40 or 50 likes yet someone else will post up a brilliant piece of photography or art and get around 10 likes, I constantly see it happen to people I know on Facebook and it royally pisses me off!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

siblers wrote: »
    What amazes me is how a person checking into a fecking restaurant can get around 40 or 50 likes yet someone else will post up a brilliant piece of photography or art and get around 10 likes, I constantly see it happen to people I know on Facebook and it royally pisses me off!

Maybe the restaurant is known to have poor hygiene standards and everyone's 'liking' it in the hopes that the person will die from food poisoning and stop clogging up everyone's feed with their amateur photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Cos photos are boring. What did you have for dinner? Pics or it didn't happen

• Advertisement

Why do you care about likes on Facebook? Can you not find something more important to be pissed off about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Why do you care about likes on Facebook? Can you not find something more important to be pissed off about?

tbh it's not that simple.
    facebook is a communication tool between you and your friends.
    what they like and don't like gives you a view to their lifes that ordinarily you'd not see.
    facebook has opened my eyes to a few people I thought i would have known pretty well.

So why would we get annoyed? well it's probably more frustration that people you like turn out to be idiots at times .

arayess wrote: »
    tbh it's not that simple.
    facebook is a communication tool between you and your friends.
    what they like and don't like gives you a view to their lifes that ordinarily you'd not see.
    facebook has opened my eyes to a few people I thought i would have known pretty well.

So why would we get annoyed? well it's probably more frustration that people you like turn out to be idiots at times .

I wouldn't really be basing my friendships on how many likes someone gave me on Facebook.

I wouldn't be disappointed in a friend if they didn't like a picture on Facebook, I've more important things in life to worry about.

But yes, I do agree with you. Facebook makes you more aware of how much stupid is out there.

Personally, I hate getting bombarded by people's hobbies on Facebook. The occasional photo is okay but constant updates of their photography or whatever it is they are doing gets tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

"Just got me lil fellas date name and date of birth tattooed on me love it (endless monkey face emojies)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12743857_962907007111252_5131488048726454833_n.jpg?oh=5965b9d10fbcbacec3456913791012d2&oe=575F5CD7

Apparently her "lil fella" is almost 2000 years old... Why people don't actually research tattoos before getting them is just beyond me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Apparently her "lil fella" is almost 2000 years old... Why people don't actually research tattoos before getting them is just beyond me.

Please tell me you pointed it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,371 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"Just got me lil fellas date name and date of birth tattooed on me love it (endless monkey face emojies)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12743857_962907007111252_5131488048726454833_n.jpg?oh=5965b9d10fbcbacec3456913791012d2&oe=575F5CD7

I assume it's 2nd June. But the 34 gets me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I wouldn't mind if it just said XIV but XXXIV instead of MMXIV is just idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I'm just... completely confused? XXXIV?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Today I have really learned who's who and who real and who's fake no one talks about my kids people makes me kids from diff fathers n I'm like am hellloooo no one can talk about no one so il move on n get over it n people enough is enough the only ones are really there for us at the end of the day is My family so I'm not gonna leave no one slag r harm um il die first ha 2faced ***** a face for every one sure I didn't even get started yet no one talk about my kids no matter who u are cause that wud b the biggest mistake u made ur choice never again wud I go back time to look forward to the future with my 3 beautiful kids and I'm call a siko path lol I'm sorry I didn't listen from the start who breaks a window none ur at a funeral wake up call everything is kicking in I'm just waiting for anyone to start me I have enough of the lot so it's a real good bye dis time loves my family n babies just try me u don't no me haha n ye called us rats people in glass houses can't afford to through stones I don't need to read any one I wud say it to ur face not a bother y fall to away to nothing over some one now it's time to go back to the old NAME well better life wars done is done n wats said is said no going back don't talk about my kids r family

fima wrote: »
    Today I have really learned who's who and who real and who's fake no one talks about my kids people makes me kids from diff fathers n I'm like am hellloooo no one can talk about no one so il move on n get over it n people enough is enough the only ones are really there for us at the end of the day is My family so I'm not gonna leave no one slag r harm um il die first ha 2faced ***** a face for every one sure I didn't even get started yet no one talk about my kids no matter who u are cause that wud b the biggest mistake u made ur choice never again wud I go back time to look forward to the future with my 3 beautiful kids and I'm call a siko path lol I'm sorry I didn't listen from the start who breaks a window none ur at a funeral wake up call everything is kicking in I'm just waiting for anyone to start me I have enough of the lot so it's a real good bye dis time loves my family n babies just try me u don't no me haha n ye called us rats people in glass houses can't afford to through stones I don't need to read any one I wud say it to ur face not a bother y fall to away to nothing over some one now it's time to go back to the old NAME well better life wars done is done n wats said is said no going back don't talk about my kids r family

siko path lol :pac:

Seriously though, would a fcuking full stop kill you.

• Advertisement

siko path :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

gutenberg wrote: »
    I'm just... completely confused? XXXIV?!

Couldn't point it out, I'd have a herd of agitated hunz commence an attack against me.

XXXIV in Roman numerals is 34, meaning her child's date of birth was the second of June in the year 34. MMXIV is 2014.

siko path lol :pac:

I think she's going to kill herself, or leave facebook, I'm not sure, but shes at war and lots of windows and glass are being broken.

Couldn't point it out, I'd have a herd of agitated hunz commence an attack against me.

XXXIV in Roman numerals is 34, meaning her child's date of birth was the second of June in the year 34. MMXIV is 2014.

I know. I was just completely confused as to how she thought XXXIV equals 14/2014?!

siko path :D

Reminds me of a guy from my town I went to school with. His nickname was 'Psycho'.

So when he decided to put his nickname on the back of his denim jacket (yes, I'm that old), he wrote 'cico' because he didn't know how to spell 'psycho'.

And yes, he went around for a while with that on the back of his jacket. Not exactly MENSA material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

gutenberg wrote: »
    I know. I was just completely confused as to how she thought XXXIV equals 14/2014?!

Simple: XX is 20, XIV is 14.

2014, right?

Whoever was making that tattoo didn't notice it, or just went ahead with whatever his/her customer came up with?

wonski wrote: »

2014, right?

Whoever was making that tattoo didn't notice it, or just went ahead with whatever his/her customer came up with?

That actually makes sense (in a hunzo world)... dear god.

2014, right?

I'd wager if the tattoo artist tried to say anything they'd get an earful of "the customer is always right"

JustShon wrote: »
    I'd wager if the tattoo artist tried to say anything they'd get an earful of "the customer is always right"

And now she will probably sue him when she finds out.

If she finds out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,371 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

2014, right?

You sir are a genius !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fima wrote: »

I put that into a google search for the craic, to see if it would find the FB post.
    It didn't but the 3rd result was a link to deciphering "infant speak".

razorblunt wrote: »
    I put that into a google search for the craic, to see if it would find the FB post.
    It didn't but the 3rd result was a link to deciphering "infant speak".

We will all have to learn these new skills to understand what is going on around us:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

"people makes me kids from diff fathers"

:D damm people!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I've seen a few different people lately on FB giving out about cuts to rest bite care.. Thought it was a typo at first but after the third or fourth time I realised it obviously isn't!

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I've seen a few different people lately on FB giving out about cuts to rest bite care.. Thought it was a typo at first but after the third or fourth time I realised it obviously isn't!

Why are they giving out its back up to 1700 a year, its not means tested so even millionaires can apply ;)

alwaysadub wrote: »

I've seen a few people post about reaching a particular "mild stone" in their life. And again, it wasn't a mistype.

And another person had something that wasn't good enough, it "didn't pass mustard". lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

She remembered the apostrophes though so she must have had some bit of education.

She remembered the apostrophes though so she must have had some bit of education.

I've highlighted how much education I think she had.

I think it's more likely she was getting her bit instead of an education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And another person had something that wasn't good enough, it "didn't pass mustard". lol

I think they should get that checked out. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement