Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

McHonda - Sheehy Motors, Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

unkel - Frank Keane Liffey Valley

Hope you are reading this, Paddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Rusky rusky - blackwater motors, cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    unkel - Frank Keane Liffey Valley

Hope you are reading this, Paddy :D

Paddy is going to make sure that all of us get the HUD augementation on the ID.3 1st free of charge :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you were to believe autoexpress were getting the middle model not the one with the HUD and pana roof.
    "The UK spec is the middle trim level of the ID.3 1st range of launch models"
    I'd expect this first 30,000 to sell out pretty quick with just Germany and Norway alone let alone another 27 countries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

If you were to believe autoexpress were getting the middle model not the one with the HUD and pana roof.
    I'd expect this first 30,000 to sell out pretty quick with just Germany and Norway alone let alone another 27 countries.

Did you know the UK is not Ireland. Many of the brexiteers don't.
    VW Ireland can make a different decision, here's looking at you Paddy!

I would hope VW want to get the HUD out into market to show it off.....it should be a big selling point....

Pana roof?? who cares really, hardly a big selling point.

If I could get the same spec as my eGolf, put on the HUD then happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

liamog wrote: »
    Did you know the UK is not Ireland. Many of the brexiteers don't.
    VW Ireland can make a different decision, here's looking at you Paddy!

Unfortunately Irish importers have indeed made a different decision to their UK counterparts and Irish drivers have suffered Paddy spec cars for years. That's where the term comes from.

I'm hoping against hope that VW Ireland will break that mould. We're all European after all. Well not the UK, they never really were. :D

Am I correct that's there's 10k off this with grants and the 0% BIK, makes it a bit of a no brainer as a company car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'll be considering looking for my money back if the only option is the basic one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Unfortunately Irish importers have indeed made a different decision to their UK counterparts and Irish drivers have suffered Paddy spec cars for years. That's where the term comes from.

I'm hoping against hope that VW Ireland will break that mould. We're all European after all. Well not the UK, they never really were. :D

Exactly, so Autocar talking about what the UK is getting is almost completely immaterial to what VW Ireland will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

Am I correct that's there's 10k off this with grants and the 0% BIK, makes it a bit of a no brainer as a company car.

5K grant at moment. The other 5K is for VRT deduction which I am sure hasn't been added to any announced estimated prices.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eagerv wrote: »
    5K grant at moment. The other 5K is for VRT deduction which I am sure hasn't been added to any announced estimated prices.

I could be wrong but I thought company cars don't qualify for the same SEAI grant, I think there's a smaller grant in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I thought company cars don't qualify for the same SEAI grant, I think there's a smaller grant in that instance.

You are right

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Mupchease - Frank Keane vw liffey valley

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

MagicBusDriver1 - Frank Keane Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If you have made a reservation you will be part of the first 30k.Could still make a reservation up to an hour when a work colleague checked.

What's the point of naiming the garage in this thread, wouldn't it be more useful to just say order time and maybe part of the order number to see can we figure out the order sequence.
    Anyway order time 11pm 8th May - Sequence F9xx - garage anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What's the point of naiming the garage in this thread, wouldn't it be more useful to just say order time and maybe part of the order number to see can we figure out the order sequence.

As far as I can see there is no sequence to the reservation number.

No harm naming the garage if only to see the spread around the country.

Sorry I came up with the idea of the garage. If people don't want to share then no issue.....as above it was more or less to see which garages had options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

The Lips - Michael Moore Portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Mr Q - Wexford Volkswagen

Just an FYI. Was in VW M50 Joe Duffy. It wasn't about the eGolf or electric

He was talking about T-Cross and how it landed with no information from VW. Asked about the ID.3

Seemingly they had a training day down in Athlone? I think he said. They had Leaf, i3, Zoe etc etc. All of the VW dealers around Ireland. All got to drive around in the cars and see how they drive, what options they came with etc.

Then got some training on the ID but he said it was limited. No real spec's or pricing or anything but it looked impressive what VW plan to do. Some details on Crozz etc but more or less the stuff you can find on web

He had no idea about the ID launch. No idea about reservation. Was asking me how I could reserve? did I need to ring VW..... Told me I couldn't get it till next year. A little shocked when I said the ordering was in September and that the order was via the dealers. He had no idea they would be taking in trade in cars. No idea about full launch in September with spec's, he thought it was next year

Seems like the flow down of information to the dealers is still not great

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sorry I came up with the idea of the garage. If people don't want to share then no issue.....as above it was more or less to see which garages had options

What do you mean have options? The list of garages is in the drop down when you order.
    I'd say there is a sequence to the numbers, you'd be mighty teed off if you ordered day one and they give you a November delivery date.

What do you mean have options? The list of garages is in the drop down when you order.
    I'd say there is a sequence to the numbers, you'd be mighty teed off if you ordered day one and they give you a November delivery date.

I thought it might be useful, even from my own knowledge that VW Liffey Valley will be bringing in a few so should know their stuff.

I am not forcing anyone to share anything. I just thought it might be good to have a thread to share information as we find out. Keep the old ID Neo thread for non reservation information

I am not sure what sequence you want to share from reservation number

Mine starts with IDNeo

Then a load of random numbers and letter. Captials and lower case. Nothing I could see you would use to decipher dates/months etc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just an FYI. Was in VW M50 Joe Duffy. It wasn't about the eGolf or electric

He was talking about T-Cross and how it landed with no information from VW. Asked about the ID.3

Seemingly they had a training day down in Athlone? I think he said. They had Leaf, i3, Zoe etc etc. All of the VW dealers around Ireland. All got to drive around in the cars and see how they drive, what options they came with etc.

Then got some training on the ID but he said it was limited. No real spec's or pricing or anything but it looked impressive what VW plan to do. Some details on Crozz etc but more or less the stuff you can find on web

He had no idea about the ID launch. No idea about reservation. Was asking me how I could reserve? did I need to ring VW..... Told me I couldn't get it till next year. A little shocked when I said the ordering was in September and that the order was via the dealers. He had no idea they would be taking in trade in cars. No idea about full launch in September with spec's, he thought it was next year

Seems like the flow down of information to the dealers is still not great

That's clearly down to the individual dealer. The dealer I've been communicating with is very much in the loop with information and training. But the person there has an interest in EVs and makes it his business to find out what's happening. He was well aware of the registration process and reckons that April is possible for deliveries, but won't be surprised by a slip of a couple of months.

That's clearly down to the individual dealer. The dealer I've been communicating with is very much in the loop with information and training. But the person there has an interest in EVs and makes it his business to find out what's happening. He was well aware of the registration process and reckons that April is possible for deliveries, but won't be surprised by a slip of a couple of months.

Part of the reason why it could be good to know the dealers. I use Liffey Valley for my reservation. They are one of the first certified VW dealers and they have a good few people trained including the service staff.

As I said I wasn't in Joe Duffy about the ID but just asked because of the discussion, based on his knowledge I will stick with Liffey Valley

I know in UK people had loads of problems buying eGolf from dealers who didn't have the proper training, wrong charging cables getting supplied etc.

According to Jurgen Stackmann on twitter, 10,000 registrations in 24 hours across Europe.

You would have to think that that's the big rush over and registrations will be slow from now on. It's a long way off 30,000.

According to Jurgen Stackmann on twitter, 10,000 registrations in 24 hours across Europe.

You would have to think that that's the big rush over and registrations will be slow from now on. It's a long way off 30,000.

That is 10k without doing any advertising. The advertising starts on May 24/25th wasn't it?

I just asked around in office and my watsapp groups. In work two guys are interested in buying the ID but had no idea of launch. One guy is looking to preorder now. Other guy is checking later

IN both watsapp group not a single person was aware the launch was yesterday, again people going off to check....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

My reservation for Frank Keane Liffey Valley looks like he will be getting a few delivered

Advertisement