Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭fafy

Most of these updates were covered last month in GTX reviews like this, which mentions Pro S also

Big news is v 4.0 software is enroute for GTX, Pro S, and one assumes all ID3’s overtime

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I know, I like its Citroen vibe it's a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭gossamerfabric

12.9" display directly beside it. look at a lhd car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I finally got a chance to charge my new (to me) 2021 ID3 Pro 58kWh to full and check the available capacity with car scanner. It's reading 52.5kWh available. Assuming starting available at new was 55.8kWh (based on other posts & similar to Bjorn's test car) then it'd be about 6.3% degradation.

I'm not sure if I can see the number of DC vs AC charges in car scanner, will take a look. I've yet to DC charge it myself although probably should test just to ensure it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Cost cutting or perhaps less unique parts vs other VAG cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I imagine the Pro could be using the old motor for a while yet, the 52kWh ID.4 is still on the old motor

150kW is probably the max power you'd want to be pulling from a ~50kWh battery anyway

I'll be happy with the new screen and software, looks like a significant upgrade over the original

I wonder will the 12.9 inch screen make it into the RHD version without moving the light controls to the right of the steering wheel like the ID.4

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭fafy

a work colleague got a brand new id4 gtx recently, had a quick look at it, the v.4.0 software is a huge step up, and slim stalk drive selector looks good, screen is the same size 12.9” just looks better with a thin silver surround, and screen image quality looks better

That review above, had the 12.9” screen in an ID3 GTX, will that be in the standard ID3’s ? I think it will, but could be next year, post id3 gtx release, which looks like being later this year.

I'm guessing all the ID.3s will get updated to the same screen given they all have the 12 inch screen now. The 10 inch version seems to be gone completely

When it happens is anyone's guess, if they're running down stock of the older screens then it could take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭gossamerfabric

calendar week 24 of 2024 seems to be when cupra production changes over completely so I expect same for ID.3 built in the same plant.

The VAG product offering is getting better all the time.

My co-worker complains that his Enyaq isn't getting some of the changes retrospectively because he has old hardware in his car but they are pushing as much as they can OTA to existing MEB platform based product.

I haven't heard anything definite on whether the older hardware will get the software updates

No doubt some stuff will never make it to the older cars. For example my ID.4 1st will never get the park assist or auto lane change

If the UI updates and the battery preheating made it to the older cars that would be a big plus I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭denismc

My car is a similar age to yours and I get close to 52.5 also, this degradation seems to be typical for the ID3.

The number of AC/DC charge cycles is in there somewhere, you just have to scroll through the pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smith79

I brought my ID3 first edition for NCT today and failed for both " Dipp beam direction" headlights "dipping to the right", I have the non matrix headlights, from looking at various onlne forums, it mentions a travel mode setting for changing direction of beam from driving on LHD to RHD and vice versa, but this setting is not available in Settings for me. Others mention that the GPS controls this setting. Has anybody got any ideas of how to resolve this? I am still on version 2.4 of software.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭electricus

I can’t remember v2.4 exactly but the option should be under headlights in vehicle settings.

from the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭joe1303l

They may need to be physically adjusted on a beam tester to set them correctly. It wouldn’t be unusual to find they we’re never checked at PDI when the car was new. Shouldn’t cost that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smith79

Thanks for that, I have the basic first edition which doesn't have advanced main beam control and the travel mode setting is not available in my settings menus

ah ok. You should see about booking it in for the software update, which should be free, and ask them about the lights too. They should have been checked as part of the 2y service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭joe1303l

The only check carried out on lights during a routine service is whether they are working or not. It should have been picked during PDI though.

I’m almost certain that headlight alignment is mentioned in the checklist, along with all the other things covered by NCT.

Then again, my ID.3 service checklist showed that the spark plugs passed and the engine oil and filter were changed after my last service 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭ratracer

Hi folks,

I’m here in search of some advice….. looking to purchase a used ID.3. It’ll be our first EV, primarily intended as a second car at this stage, and we will still have an ICE car in the house for a while yet I’d say.

I’m not yet decided if will I buy from a dealer or private, but are there any issues on particular to look out for, or particular models/ specs to look for or avoid?

Having only ever bought ICE vehicles, I’d have been looking at mileage and service history as primary factors. Is EV mileage Teagarden as same?

TIA,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

I'm an ice driver who has researched ID3's as a potential car to purchase. Here's my tuppence…

models with hub caps are the lowest spec in the range. Cars with matrix lights is what you want to be looking for.

Similarly 204BHP instead of 156BHP for a bit of oomph. There doesn't tend to be any difference in second hand values between the two.

Check it has the latest software update, v3.2 I believe is the latest. If it doesn't it will require a trip to a main dealer to update. With the launch of the new ID3 no new versions will be released for older ID3's. Personally this wouldn't be a biggie for me.

Note, VW bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years. 8 years for the battery.

That's what I've gleaned from this thread over the past 12 months. Overall they seem to be very reliable according to users on here. Others may have additional insights.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭hold my beer

The ID3 is a lovely car. Very similar to a Golf, but nicer, and a bit bigger inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I would be looking at the range …. what's showing at 80% charge? Should be around 320 km, or at least not too far off. Others here may give you a better approach to checking battery health.

And see if new tyres have been added recently…. these can wear pretty quickly compared to I.C.E. cars and can be expensive to replace.

Otherwise, these are a great car, requiring very little service. I've driven one for about two and a half years, and am likely to go for another very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tech_Head

I wouldn’t limit yourself to matrix headlights. Last years pro performance are good spec and don’t have them. Standard leds are v good too. V3.5 is the latest software but you should be looking at v3.2 onwards.
    Budget for a charger also if you can get one installed at home. Picked up my ID3 last month and am happy with it.

Thanks!!

Definitely going to be getting a home charger, have solar installed and herself is still WFH, hence it seem to make sense for us at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tech_Head

Very much so. From what I’ve been told, the Zappi charger works best with solar so that’s what I went for. Had it installed last week and going fine so far. I think someone mentioned here earlier that there was an uptick of ID3 sales in June/July 3 years ago so you might see more coming on the market soon.

Yep, there’s a lot of them now appearing at around the €22.5k mark, I’ll probably wait until July and the 242 plates to see what else might become available, unless I find a bargain before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭CoBo55

If I ever get solar I'd utilise exporting to the grid for 24c and charge the car for 7c on the energia EV plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yep, sanest approach. People seem to think their solar power is free, but it actually costs the difference between the import and export rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭jkforde

would not bother with the HUD but that's a personal choice (I've mine disabled), brilliant car overall, but v3.2 software is a must before you buy. good luck!

and re. home charger, I would honestly just go with a 'dumb' (non-solar surplus) charger, just charge using low night\off peak rate and export all metered surplus.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement