Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thargor wrote: »
    Overrated over-hyped boring bandwagon sh1te.

Clearly a victim of the Goose here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you can't find something to enjoy in Untitled Goose Game then you have a hole in your soul. Legit GOTY for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Resident Evil 3 cover art leaked. It's coming!

STARRSSSSSSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Resident Evil 3 cover art leaked. It's coming!

STARRSSSSSSSS!
    I hope Chicken Heart gets a much more gruesome death this time. I haven't gotten around to the RE2 remake is he still in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Evade wrote: »
    I hope Chicken Heart gets a much more gruesome death this time. I haven't gotten around to the RE2 remake is he still in it?

Nemesis was never in RE2 ;)

And uh, get on REmake 2, its great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Someone on Reddit pointed out the twisted nose on Nemesis and now it's all i can see. That with the huuuuuge teeth makes me prefer the OG Nemesis model. I'm sure he'll be terrifying in game though.

re3.png

jpg

RE3_2D00_610.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

I am not sure how this can work without fixed camera angles .
    What made Nemesis terrifying was at times he would just charge at you full speed , but if Resi 3 is behind the shoulder like Resi 2 Remake , I feel like it would make Nemesis feel less threatening.

Having said all that though I am fully confident in Capcom and their team . Cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

nix wrote: »
    Nemesis was never in RE2 ;)

And uh, get on REmake 2, its great :)
    It's my next purchase. I'm waiting to see if it gets a discount over Christmas.

I meant Brad in the tunnel before the police station

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sweet, we're edging closer to a 4 remake!

Surely 5 and 6 wouldn't get a remake but 4 is an interesting one. Already had the behind the shoulder camera but looks quite dated, would look amazing in the new RE Engine but not sure if it needs it enough to warrant a REmake 4. Personally I'd be all for it but they are probably balls deep in Resi 8 to be even thinking about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leooooon! Help me Leoooon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    Leooooon! Help me Leoooon!

I actually don't recall her being annoying, unlike a lot of those types of games. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but 4 was definitely the first RE game I can honestly say I enjoyed from start to finish, and 5 left me so disappointed I haven't tried any since.

But yeah, I'd be all over a REmake of 4. Hopefully they do it!

Absolutely nothing to do with trying to look up her skirt coming down a ladder....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Surely 5 and 6 wouldn't get a remake but 4 is an interesting one. Already had the behind the shoulder camera but looks quite dated, would look amazing in the new RE Engine but not sure if it needs it enough to warrant a REmake 4. Personally I'd be all for it but they are probably balls deep in Resi 8 to be even thinking about that.

They should defo do 4 and any other after it, make it so the story is actually good and fits into the whole on going story from the prior games, instead of making a mess of it, and have Leon similar to the way he was in part two, as in not doing somersaults out of multi story windows and round house kicking everything and anything.. Like a survival horror game should be, if you will..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

4 is the best Resi game as it was the only one to feature all the technical parts they wanted for the 1st 3 (Gamecube).

/leaves thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I kind of feel Resi 4 doesn't need a remake. It still feels like a fresh and enjoyable game. It set the template for action games that followed.... except no action managed to ever be as good as Resi 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That shower working on Valave games? Boo indeed. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That is utterly shíte news; I was looking forward to that, and excited at how some Valve polish might really take Campo Santo's work to the next level.

And it's a reminder that while we might give Valve a quicker pass by dint of being "one of the good ones", they're still not above swallowing indie developers and adding them to the collective. Disappointing news.

It's utterly petty, but my excitement about the new Half Life has taken the teeniest, tiniest dimming because of this confirmation.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I kind of feel Resi 4 doesn't need a remake. It still feels like a fresh and enjoyable game. It set the template for action games that followed.... except no action managed to ever be as good as Resi 4.

Is Resi 4 HD worth a playthrough? Does it have the excellent Ada Wong campaign as well?

I see it's currently part of the US psn Christmas sale for 8 dollars so tempting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

pixelburp wrote: »
    And it's a reminder that while we might give Valve a quicker pass by dint of being "one of the good ones", they're still not above swallowing indie developers and adding them to the collective.
    Valve is not, nor has it ever been "one of the good ones." They are in fact as bad as any EAs or Activisions and games consumers have been woefully inept at spotting when they're being grifted for so long to call them out over it.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Valve is not, nor has it ever been "one of the good ones." They are in fact as bad as any EAs or Activisions and games consumers have been woefully inept at spotting when they're being grifted for so long to call them out over it.

Bad phrasing but not so much good guys as they get forgiven a lot quicker than other companies; perhaps down to how, at their heart, Valve remain a company founded & run by a nerd, rather than a slick high priest to capitalism ala EA.

I'd be guilty of it myself: or at least up until that Campo Santo news. Valve definitely get a much longer rope than other equivalents in the industry.

Is Resi 4 HD worth a playthrough? Does it have the excellent Ada Wong campaign as well?

I see it's currently part of the US psn Christmas sale for 8 dollars so tempting.

Short answer: Hell Yes. It has all the extras of the later releases but also has the graphical detail from the GC version that was missing from non-Nintendo releases up until that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bad phrasing but not so much good guys as they get forgiven a lot quicker than other companies; perhaps down to how, at their heart, Valve remain a company founded & run by a nerd, rather than a slick high priest to capitalism ala EA.

I'd be guilty of it myself: or at least up until that Campo Santo news. Valve definitely get a much longer rope than other equivalents in the industry.

Valve aren't high priest to capitalism, gabe is messiah of capitalism.

They get their 30% off every trade, and by adding cards they get more from games that don't even have any micro transaction.

New Outlast game coming out. Sounds interesting but looks vr only. If so, boooo.

https://twitter.com/TheRedBarrels/status/1202226475883040769?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No mention of VR in the press release?

Edit: Confirmed to be non-VR by the devs on Facebook. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well then their marketing team needs a good slap. In this day and age you don't put three lads wearing VR headsets on your poster if you are not a VR game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kirby wrote: »
    Well then their marketing team needs a good slap. In this day and age you don't put three lads wearing VR headsets on your poster if you are not a VR game.

They might not be VR headsets they could be night vision goggles or something like that. Although, they certainly look like them so I agree, the poster makes it look like a VR game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They might not be VR headsets they could be night vision goggles or something like that. Although, they certainly look like them so I agree, the poster makes it look like a VR game.

There definitely night vision goggles VR headsets are generally a bit more chunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1202187253889601539

Kevin Bao has effectively blacklisted himself from the industry, what an eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On phone so can't link but there's a good few videos around making fun of how all anime openings are the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement