Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAT THREAD for ex-Katia storm

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

IvySlayer wrote: »
    lawn+furniture.jpg

:mad:

Thats shocking:eek: hope no one was injured:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Still quite strong winds where I am. The garden is being up ended. The wheelie bin has finally grown up and decided to leave the family home. No idea where its gone. Probably find it drunk and passed out later tonight!

Im in the middle of building a cabin at the moment, and had to stop before putting the roof on. It was lifting everything up and wasnt risking anything. The pink playhouse in the back is now akin to David Bowies place in Labyrinth, precariously sitting upside down on its roof. The dog refuses to go outside, even though shes a huskey who should like this weather. Ive had to strap down the skip out the front, because everything was being lifted up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Thats shocking:eek: hope no one was injured:pac::pac:

You should see the state that the big Mac and extra large Coke is in ~ not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

This little baby fell on the n56 outside Creeslough at 12.30. Clipped the bonnet of a passing car. The owner was taken to hospital but don't think she was too serious.

Feck ya.......... I thought there was some horrific accident with a little baby out on the road or something:eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Well it was a beautiful if very blustery day today in Dungarvan. Don't live there, and I'd say it must have been a good bit windier at home, but I missed it all, and it really didn't do any damage apart from a few fallen branches on the road.
    The winds on Friday had lifted my empty coal bunker, but nothing like that today. :(

oh well, is there another one coming this week-end ? I'm due to travel to Sherkin island ! It would just be so awful being stuck on an island in a hotel in awful weather until late on Monday... :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Winds starting to pick up again in Greystones after being calm for a while.
    Is there going to be a round 2 or is this the tail end of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Just back from Tramore, absolutely massive waves crashing in over the prom at high tide, I think there was more people out there watching the rough sea than there has been all summer!

Also, the sunset was magnificent this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Harps wrote: »

That's amazing. It was nowhere near like this on Achill between 11am and 2pm. This 8 sec video looks more like Carmen last year. What time was this recorded? Can't believe there's such a big difference across such a short distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Currently up on Minán mountain on Achill island , getting a few readings of winds around the 50kts mark.
    Ironicallyn, We are currently waiting on a service vehicle to turn up as the car's battery has seemed to have died... think its something to do with the wind and rain?...

GOOD TIMES! HA :D....

Meet you up there today was in the black Jeep Patriot - when we left you guys we went along the Atlantic drive and boy was it impressieve!

Did you get down the hill okay?

rgds

JD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

To be honest I dont notice much difference in the winds now than any other time of the day, its been consistently stormy here all day, When I went in the car to drive to a few places I noticed the winds werent as bad in some places, I think its just extra bad around my house!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Total non event here, we had worse a few nights ago and the previous weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

mike65 wrote: »
    Total non event here, we had worse a few nights ago and the previous weekend.

yeah it was fairly bad now in fairness after all the hype...
    wasnt close to what i had expected !!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

What were you expecting? It was pretty much bang on from a forecast point of view
    Winger_PL wrote: »
    That's amazing. It was nowhere near like this on Achill between 11am and 2pm. This 8 sec video looks more like Carmen last year. What time was this recorded? Can't believe there's such a big difference across such a short distance.

1.45pm according to the description, Malin was above 60 knots for most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

jdee99 wrote: »
    Meet you up there today was in the black Jeep Patriot - when we left you guys we went along the Atlantic drive and boy was it impressieve!

rgds

JD

Think I saw you too. Was in a black C2.

The Atlantic drive was really impressive, went for a few spins down it before heading back to Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Reiketsu wrote: »
    "Severe gale force winds are still on course for later on Monday, but it is expected to ease slightly overnight."

According to BBC NI, was updated 10 minutes ago. It also mentions the catering marquee on the 'Game of Thrones' set blowing away! Someone sent to hospital with back injuries.

I posted last night there was already damage to set. They went ahead with filming today despite the winds .Anyway this has been hugely played down, numerous in hospital injured - one seriously....Please say a prayer for her .
    the entire crew & 200 extras were in tent as filming was abandoned - Thank God it wasnt worse .

jdee99 wrote: »

rgds

JD

Serious? Was it one of you that came to Ian when he was measuring the wind speeds?
    We we're OK once the car was started with the help of the local recovery service.
    Think I saw you too. Was in a black C2.

The Atlantic drive was really impressive, went for a few spins down it before heading back to Dub.

It seems like there was a couple of groups headed for Achill then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Serious? Was it one of you that came to Ian when he was measuring the wind speeds?
    We we're OK once the car was started with the help of the local recovery service.

It seems like there was a couple of groups headed for Achill then!

Hey, missed ye yesterday evening before ye headed back to Dubland.
    Always have trouble with phone signal in work.
    How did it go?

Hey, missed ye yesterday evening before ye headed back to Dubland.
    Always have trouble with phone signal in work.
    How did it go?

Wasn't as good as Carmen last year, the highest reading we got were around 50kt, also we got stuck on top of a mountain with a dead car battery. Many thanks again for borrowing the annenometer - I'll PM you in a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

Just looking back at the thread from MAy.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72367018&postcount=90

78 Knot gust in Belmullet

Advertisement