Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAT THREAD for ex-Katia storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

thomasj wrote: »
    Irish rail are saying there is damage to the overhead wires on the southside and as a result DART services are disrupted between pearse and greystones

limited DART service running with tickets accepted on dublin bus until further notice

The DART breaks if someone sneezes ffs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

thomasj wrote: »
    Irish rail are saying there is damage to the overhead wires on the southside

Someone probably tried to steal them and it has nothing to do with the remnants of katia. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

t|nt|n wrote: »
    The DART breaks if someone sneezes ffs :p

but not if there is +25cm of snow eheh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Gail offa Corrie street is scarier than thon 'breeze' outside!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

patneve2 wrote: »
    but not if there is +25cm of snow eheh:D

It does if theres leaves on the track. A 100 tonne train is no match for the mighty leaf!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

You can see the dramatic swirl of the storm here...:D

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Steady winds of about 35mph here now with gusts of 51mph. Pressure has dropped a little again to 979mb. I was reading the Northern Ireland section of BBC news and it says there that parts of Londonderry, Tyrone and Antrim will experience the worst, with a peak at around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Gusts are getting better. Would nearly have to use the word 'violent'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Good word :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

The monster Camelia outside the back door has just been upended. Holy jesus its that heavy I cant lift it back up - must be some gusts now as hearing slap bang wallop in the neighbouring gardens all around ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just seen a Duck (or Chuck Norris as I have now named him) on his own flying TOWARDS the Storm out to Sea! What a brave little fellow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

It is over for South West Kerry? Calmed down a lot, few strong gusts earlier but nothing big

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Wind picking up nicely in Ballybofey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That little shortwave to the southwest of the main low may need to be watched cautiously, could kink them isobars very tight.

Watch it. Dont think it will cause too much fuss over it this run.

Rtavn181.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wind still blowing here in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

jessie37 wrote: »
    It is over for South West Kerry? Calmed down a lot, few strong gusts earlier but nothing big
    :D
    pdFKE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

breezy with gusts every few mins,but doesnt seem that bad,maybe because im surrounded by tall buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭naughto

tree damage out side the front of my house one tree down and another it looks like it split and waiting to go

Gust of 56 at Dublin airport. Left one of the little windows open & roller blind has just been whipped off the wall.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Is it supposed to get windier later in the day? Because I think we might need to edit the thread title slightly to ex-storm Katia. As storms go here, it's rubbish. I was out working on the farm and it's windy, but nice out. There were even people sitting on the public benches in the village. It's terrible Joe. It was much windier here last night before midnight.

johngalway wrote: »
    Is it supposed to get windier later in the day? Because I think we might need to edit the thread title slightly to ex-storm Katia. As storms go here, it's rubbish. I was out working on the farm and it's windy, but nice out. There were even people sitting on the public benches in the village. It's terrible Joe. It was much windier here last night before midnight.

Well, it wasn't:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Seems to me that this has turned out to be pretty much a non event for Dublin, high winds, that's about it I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

when will the winds be at it's peak in meath

Seems to me that this has turned out to be pretty much a non event for Dublin, high winds, that's about it I think...

will ya come fix me roller blind ???? lol

chasing pots around the garden ...... only good thing was I saw for the first time ever the thingys on my big windmill spin around ! never done that before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Whens the storm arriving?

Pretty much as suggested by Met.ie and boards forecasts.

Gusts this morning have gone above 60mph, with the highest being 64mph (104KPH) at Dublin Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Well, it wasn't:D;)

Well, it was :D :P I know cos I was here both times and didn't see you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Pretty much as suggested by Met.ie and boards forecasts.

Gusts this morning have gone above 60mph, with the highest being 64mph (104KPH) at Dublin Airport.

120 kph malin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Gusting to 82 kph here in the last hour.

Advertisement