Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAT THREAD for ex-Katia storm

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

pebbles21 wrote: »
    OOhhh Jonjo your fcuked now i tell ye...Fcuked!!

I dont give a **** im after a few cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I dont give a **** im after a few cans.

Ah well then your fine so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I know I'm probably the only one in this forum, but I HATE high winds and stormy weather! It freaks me out. Our house is a really old farmhouse and it always feels like it's just one gust away from loosing a few ridge tiles or something. Right on top of my car no doubt :rolleyes: Plus there's a gate on one of the old sheds out the back that's just making the worst sounds banging away out there! Convinced we're all going to die here tonight :D I'll be glad when it's over anyway. Can't get a wink of sleep.

Right I'd better leave now before I'm run out of here by you storm-loving weirdos!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

very windy night here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Its still just a little breezy here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wind has seriously picked up here in Dublin!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When is this 'storm' meant to peak?
    If this is it, I'm pretty disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Was pretty windy last night to be fair, top 5 with regards to wind in the last 5 years or so. Picking up again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Reiketsu wrote: »

the wind is absoulutly howling here! Tress are bending like mad.

If only I had a weather station to see what speed it was.

I'd say the foyle bridge is going to be closed for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Breezy here in KK town but nothing major and no rain in the last few hours from the look of the block walls outside. Quite warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Started picking up around 0500 this morning in West Limerick with some interesting gusts.

Dry which makes the wind all the more enjoyable :)

G'morning all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

windy/stormy in Athlone but nothing major yet.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

House and garden has been fairly bashed the past few hours (west Dublin). Upended a 20 foot trampoline, a plastic playhouse, moved my solid iron side gate which was being closed by two paving slabs. Wheelie bins have gone for a ramble and its made a steel wheelbarrow flip over. Very high gusts, sounds like the house is going to lift up in two. I'm yet to see the dog become airborne however. Always wanted a canine kite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Tree down on N17 Milltown side of Claremorris. Take care out there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

as i was leaving the house this morning around 7.20 - the alarm on the weather station was going off for a new high gust speed.

but really a bit breezy - no trees down, no damage nothing blown over except for a wheelie bin in the middle of botantic avenue - was expecting carnage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Pretty Stormy here now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Reiketsu wrote: »

the wind is absoulutly howling here! Tress are bending like mad.

If only I had a weather station to see what speed it was.

I'd say the foyle bridge is going to be closed for certain.

Its picked up here now! Gusts up to 47mph. Just looked outside as well and there a tree bent at a good 45 degree angle. If the winds get stronger it's coming down for sure. The chances of the Foyle Bridge being closed are very high I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    Pretty Stormy here now...

Getting kinda rough now. If it's gonna get worse up to 10-11am then it will be interesting but at the minute it's 'very windy'. We've seen worse.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The birds seem to be enjoying have a game of skipping with the cables going up and around. I see a few cables coming down if it gets worse here. Poles beginning to shake back and forth here now too.

EDIT: I have been up since 1:30am, and so far the winds seems to have become a little more constant, and less gusty. Definitely was worse around 5am for gusts, but winds are much more constant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Consistently windy with some strong gusts up at East Wall.

Was waiting for a bus at the O2 and a gust nearly knocked me over :(

• Advertisement

Some very strong gusts here a few minutes ago, not as bad as last Novembers Storm yet but plenty of time for it to intensify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Fairly windy alright but no where near as bad as the November one.....so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

What are travelling conditions like? I was suppose to drive from Ballina to Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Fairly normal summers day here so far:D, have kept hens locked in today as they might end up in Leitrim ! 11.C. Time for coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Anyone know where our chasers are at the minute?

Ok wind has stepped up a big notch here now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

"MIDWEST NEWS HAS REPORTS OF ELECTRICITY OUTAGES IN THE NORTH MAYO AREA THIS MORNING – IN THE ENNISCOE AREA AND OTHER AREAS IN THE CROSSMOLINA REGION.
    THE ESB AS YET, HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY REASON FOR THE DISRUPTION TO SUPPLY.
    TREES AND TELEGRAPHS POLLS HAVE BEEN REPORTED DOWN ON ROADS ACROSS THE REGION THIS MORNING.
    WE’VE HAD REPORTS OF A TELEGRAPH POLL DOWN ON THE BANGOR TO CASTLEBAR ROAD AT KEENAGH CROSS, AND A TREE DOWN ON THE LEENANE ROAD AT KNAPPAGH, OUTSIDE WESTPORT.
    GARDAI SAY A TREE THAT WAS DOWN ON THE TURLOUGH ROAD NEAR HORKAN’S GARDEN CENTRE OUTSIDE CASTLEBAR HAS BEEN CLEARED – AS HAS A TREE THAT DISRUPTED TRAFFIC ON THE N17 BETWEEN BALLINDINE AND MILTOWN EARLIER THIS MORNING."

http://www.midwestradio.ie/mwr/news/4574-hurricane-katia-hitting-the-west-today.html

snow ghost wrote: »
    "MIDWEST NEWS HAS REPORTS OF ELECTRICITY OUTAGES IN THE NORTH MAYO AREA THIS MORNING – IN THE ENNISCOE AREA AND OTHER AREAS IN THE CROSSMOLINA REGION.
    THE ESB AS YET, HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY REASON FOR THE DISRUPTION TO SUPPLY.
    TREES AND TELEGRAPHS POLLS HAVE BEEN REPORTED DOWN ON ROADS ACROSS THE REGION THIS MORNING.
    WE’VE HAD REPORTS OF A TELEGRAPH POLL DOWN ON THE BANGOR TO CASTLEBAR ROAD AT KEENAGH CROSS, AND A TREE DOWN ON THE LEENANE ROAD AT KNAPPAGH, OUTSIDE WESTPORT.
    GARDAI SAY A TREE THAT WAS DOWN ON THE TURLOUGH ROAD NEAR HORKAN’S GARDEN CENTRE OUTSIDE CASTLEBAR HAS BEEN CLEARED – AS HAS A TREE THAT DISRUPTED TRAFFIC ON THE N17 BETWEEN BALLINDINE AND MILTOWN EARLIER THIS MORNING."

http://www.midwestradio.ie/mwr/news/4574-hurricane-katia-hitting-the-west-today.html
    lol In other news the caps button is broken on Mid West Radios computer. :D

Heard on radio worst here is from noon till 6.
    M.T. said peak gusts 9-11.

Lot of conflicting forecasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Irish rail are saying there is damage to the overhead wires on the southside and as a result DART services are disrupted between pearse and greystones

limited DART service running with tickets accepted on dublin bus until further notice

Advertisement