Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAT THREAD for ex-Katia storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I wonder if it's easing off here a little. Not as many gusts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

when will it be at it's peak in meath

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

trogdor wrote: »
    Gusting to 82 kph here in the last hour.

Wish I was at home & not stuck in work.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

5,000 homes without power in Letterkenny, still all right where I am. Lots of strong gusts here but nothing more than a breeze in between

Wish I was back on Arranmore though, it'd be a fun day up on the cliffs. Made the right decision in travelling yesterday though with all ferries cancelled for the day. I might steal a pic or two off facebook later if theres any decent ones

Gust of 135km/hr reported on Arran

http://twitter.com/#!/CFFAM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i have to venture into town, i'm gonna blown down the hill with this wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Anyone got a reliable site for tide times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Currently up on Minán mountain on Achill island , getting a few readings of winds around the 50kts mark.
    Ironicallyn, We are currently waiting on a service vehicle to turn up as the car's battery has seemed to have died... think its something to do with the wind and rain?...

GOOD TIMES! HA :D....

Iancar29 wrote: »
    We are currently waiting on a service vehicle to turn up as the car's battery has seemed to have died... think its something to do with the wind and rain?...

Roll it down the Minaun and then stick it in second! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Gusting to 82 kph here in the last hour.

Trog - no date since 9.42 ??

• Advertisement

snow ghost wrote: »
    Roll it down the Minaun and then stick it in second! ;)

haha... we would if we could get the car to the top of the incline that we are one!! ha

haha... we would if we could get the car to the top of the incline that we are one!! ha

The local garages who usually provide the service vehicles service wont be in any hurry to send out a tow truck up the Minaun today! They'll think you're crazy!

Clean out your spark plugs, and battery connectors, the wind may have blown water in there. Then there is the strain of going up that incline.

Best of luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

House windows covered in sea salt at this stage, still stormy as ever at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Currently up on Minán mountain on Achill island , getting a few readings of winds around the 50kts mark.
    Ironicallyn, We are currently waiting on a service vehicle to turn up as the car's battery has seemed to have died... think its something to do with the wind and rain?...

GOOD TIMES! HA :D....

Static chasing FTW :P

snow ghost wrote: »
    The local garages who usually provide the service vehicles service wont be in any hurry to send out a tow truck up the Minaun today! They'll think you're crazy!

Clean out your spark plugs, and battery connectors, the wind may have blown water in there. Then there is the strain of going up that incline.

Best of luck with it anyway.

Local AA man came to our rescue! ha

Got some alright pics of the waves.
    WInds werent as high as last year's Carmen storm though.
    But ye ... thats storm chasing for yas! , cant win everytime..... will post pics when home .

Local AA man came to our rescue! ha

Got some alright pics of the waves.
    WInds werent as high as last year's Carmen storm though.
    But ye ... thats storm chasing for yas! , cant win everytime..... will post pics when home .

Yeah the winds have dissipated somewhat since early this morning, shall see what the high tide this evening brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Does anyone know what te wind conditions are to be like on Saturday morning from 09:00 to 14:00? Doing a charity cycle to Galway from North Tipp. Any chance of south easterly, easterly winds? Or even just calm conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

lawn+furniture.jpg

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

IvySlayer wrote: »
    lawn+furniture.jpg

:mad:

Post of the day (for me anyways)...oh that made me chuckle !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

saw that photo after the the hurricane in the us a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Annoying blowy but not any more than that, I can't decide if a proper storm or just a bit of calm would be better right now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

John mac wrote: »

Saw that photo earlier in this thread too!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

First time I'd seen it - hence the chuckle...!

I looked out my back window there and I've noticed that my neighbour's fence is bent back and about to be blown away. Steady wind of 38mph with gusts to 60mph. Pretty consisent now but would love a gust of 70mph!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Saw that photo earlier in this thread too!
    John mac wrote: »

When you type deck chair fallen over into google images its the first one :p
    First time I'd seen it - hence the chuckle...!

<33333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Winds seem to be affecting wide-body departures out of Dublin airport. Both Aer Lingus afternoon flights to Chicago and Boston are delayed.

"Severe gale force winds are still on course for later on Monday, but it is expected to ease slightly overnight."

According to BBC NI, was updated 10 minutes ago. It also mentions the catering marquee on the 'Game of Thrones' set blowing away! Someone sent to hospital with back injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

This little baby fell on the n56 outside Creeslough at 12.30. Clipped the bonnet of a passing car. The owner was taken to hospital but don't think she was too serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Died down here in large part.

Advertisement