Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Feel a bit sorry for Tommy Fleetwood today, lost round early same as yesterday, but at least went down in flames trying to make things happen. Think his time will come sooner rather than later. Rahm was beyond useless today.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Nice one Rory welcome back now go for the masters

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Feel a bit sorry for Tommy Fleetwood today, lost round early same as yesterday, but at least went down in flames trying to make things happen. Think his time will come sooner rather than later. Rahm was beyond useless today.

Rahm was a joke.

But he remains incredibly young and inexperienced.

He doesn't seem to lose head as much , but still very temperamental.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who would have thought a 70 would have been enough for Rory. Great tournament for the Europeans.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Didn’t think Rory had it in him still, well done, looks like the winners this weekend all variable golfers:pac:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Who would have thought a 70 would have been enough for Rory. Great tournament for the Europeans.

You’d have thought it might be a shot or two short but either side of a good scoring stretch after the turn, that was a tough course today. If it hadn’t been for the rain would have been a lot more carnage I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,666 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two great sporting Paddy's days in a row for us. Last year on this day we cheered on Ireland to a grand slam victory over England and this year we cheered on Rory to the players championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

2 absolute beautiful birdies on the 17th by Vegas and Pepperell in one of the best final days with so many in contention on the PGA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The scary thing is Rory won that tournament while driving the ball poorly quite a lot. If he gets his driving together, and it's usually the best part of his game, he is going to win majors this summer.

• Advertisement

Bungalows only for the Johnson brothers from now on.

https://twitter.com/dougferguson405/status/1108358377275641856

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Sometimes a name pops up on a leaderboard that you have almost forgotten...Luke Donald going well today, checked his world ranking .. 919!!

Hope he makes a comeback. Always seemed a decent guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Sometimes a name pops up on a leaderboard that you have almost forgotten...Luke Donald going well today, checked his world ranking .. 919!!

That's insane, I knew he was in a slump but thought he'd be somewhere just outside the top 100 or so.

Always thought it was odd that he never properly contented in a major, I know he was in the last group with tiger in the 06 PGA but that's the only time I can ever remember him getting a half decent chance. Quality player and as you said always seemed like a sound lad.

RikkFlair wrote: »

Always thought it was a phenomenal achievement to get to no.1 considering his lack of length off the tee. Obviously it can’t be the sole reason for his slump but courses were getting longer and firmer and that had to stand against him and others in his bracket. Anyway, would be great to see a revival of some sort.

Always thought it was a phenomenal achievement to get to no.1 considering his lack of length off the tee. Obviously it can’t be the sole reason for his slump but courses were getting longer and firmer and that had to stand against him and others in his bracket. Anyway, would be great to see a revival of some sort.

A lot of injuries thrown in, did he not have a heart scare or something last yr?

slave1 wrote: »
    A lot of injuries thrown in, did he not have a heart scare or something last yr?

Yeah you’re spot on about that, definitely did have his share of injury problems over the years. Think i remember him doing the odd gig on sky as a pundit and he was good at it.

Upside is he plays a lot of golf with Michael Jordan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

PGA Tour member Robert Garrigus has been suspended from the tour for three months, for failing a drugs test. In a statement on social media, Garrigus who has had previous problems with drug addiction said that he tested positive for marijuana. Here is his statement via twitter in the link below.

https://twitter.com/garrigus_robert/status/1109160710834216961

Wonder if the PGA Tour would have publicised it had it been a top 10 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

HighLine wrote: »

I'd say there's two hopes of that.

Bob Hope and no hope.

Wonder how stringent testing is even??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

HighLine wrote: »

Ha.. no need for a rhetorical question there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

callaway92 wrote: »
    I'd say there's two hopes of that.

Bob Hope and no hope.

Wonder how stringent testing is even??

Positive testing tends to cause injuries to the top players.

I think a three month ban for marijuana is way ott. A small fine should be the biggest punishment imo.
    This is just about sponsors and money. A whiter than white image brings in the big bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Wow thats some apology i say it was drafted by the official PGA Reverend, ask me swiss i had a spliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

After looking so solid all the way through, Casey trying to bottle this one at the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Rikand wrote: »
    After looking so solid all the way through, Casey trying to bottle this one at the finish

Are you surprised? He’s a massive bottler. That 3 putt on 17 said it all. Anyone but Kokrac there.Two biggest bottlers on the pga tour.

If Dustin played any kind of golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Fair play to Casey, played very solid and the bunker shot on 18 deserved the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Are you surprised? He’s a massive bottler. That 3 putt on 17 said it all. Anyone but Kokrac there.Two biggest bottlers on the pga tour.

If Dustin played any kind of golf.

What a lot of nonsense, one of the toughest finishes in golf. Dustin’s was rotten

What a lot of nonsense, one of the toughest finishes in golf. Dustin’s was rotten

He was 1 ahead with two to play. He hit a super iron shot to find the green on 17.

Then what did he do? **** himself & 3 putted from nowhere.

What did he do on the 18th tee? Blocked it right.

Sky sports did a bit on him before he won this event last year. He’s has the worst record in the history of the pga tour leading going into the last two rounds (might even be going into the last round)

He’s a bottler. Even the sky sports interview at the time pointed out the stat to him.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Casey, played very solid and the bunker shot on 18 deserved the win.

Very solid? He shot over par & his bunker shot was from 125 yards. Probably a gap wedge lol.

As per usual commentators making the shots sound way harder then they actually are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement