Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You'd have to fancy McIlroy or Molinari from here, I watched Stenson on the featured groups earlier too and he was brilliant.

With McIlroy it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of playing Woods tomorrow, especially after the tour championship last year.

I'd like if they had an approximate strokeplay leaderboard just to see who's playing well and who's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Don't forget the Tiger 'Fried Chicken' comment and that he spat in the cup in a tournament before.
    That was during a spat between himself and Tiger. It's nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Tiger v McIlroy at 1.30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,791 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some fascinating last 16 games, woods v McIlroy. I'd make McIlroy favourite here but woods has been playing great and got the better of him in the tour championship.

Stenson v Byregaard, battle of the Scandinavians. Stensons experience should give him the edge here but LB is on the rise and fearless.

Casey v Molinari, maybe the only man who could take Frankie down would be casey. Both in great form, both excellent in matchplay and should be a serious tussle.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Will they put on an extra channel for coverage of every match bar woods vs Rory as I guess we will see very little of other games.

• Advertisement

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Will they put on an extra channel for coverage of every match bar woods vs Rory as I guess we will see very little of other games.

Ya it was very annoying yesterday with all the matches going on yesterday and seeing wall to wall Rory, Tiger including interviews on the course and even a meaningless chip for Rory after the game was conceeded

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Is the live golf not starting on TV until 14:00, or is it on a different channel to sky sports golf?... Surely they can show live coverage and not yesterdays highlights?...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Trampas

...Is the live golf not starting on TV until 14:00, or is it on a different channel to sky sports golf?... Surely they can show live coverage and not yesterdays highlights?...

They must just want to show 30 minutes of build up to the match

• Registered Users Posts: 21,218 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No sign of live coverage till 2, stupidity

Tiger v Rory at 13.30, tv coverage starting at 14.00 big bo bo there from sky sports.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Trampas

Tiger v Rory at 13.30, tv coverage starting at 14.00 big bo bo there from sky sports.

Maybe sky can’t do anything about it as probably controlled by USA tv who can be crazy at times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

I'd back Tiger all day

Pissartist wrote: »
    I'd back Tiger all day

You will make many monies today so

Woods 1 up and playing some serious golf so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I missed the first 7 holes, has Woods been good or Mcilroy poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭plumber77

NDWC wrote: »
    I missed the first 7 holes, has Woods been good or Mcilroy poor?

Rory has missed a few good chances. Nothing exciting yet

I see self-proclaimed "brilliant match player" Paul Casey is getting a lesson from Frankie Molinari so far. This pleases me greatly.

NDWC wrote: »
    I see self-proclaimed "brilliant match player" Paul Casey is getting a lesson from Frankie Molinari so far. This pleases me greatly.

Its one match for feck sake, your hardly judging anything about a players match play ability from it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

NDWC wrote:
    I see self proclaimed "brilliant match player" Paul Casey is getting a lesson from Frankie Molinari so far. This pleases me greatly.

I didn't think it was possible to dislike somebody I've never met as much as I dislike Casey.

Nick Faldo almost appears modest in comparison.

Rorys putting has been really poor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Man that was an ice cold looking Woods

The big cat smells blood

Byreegaard giving Stenson a lesson so far. Didn't see that coming.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Its one match for feck sake, your hardly judging anything about a players match play ability from it

Of course not, in fairness to Casey he's a two time finalist here, my point was he bigged himself up in his interview yesterday as if he'd never lost a match in his life and now he's getting a beating.

As I write this he's just dunked one in the water too. The end is nigh for Paul
    I didn't think it was possible to dislike somebody I've never met as much as I dislike Casey.

Nick Faldo almost appears modest in comparison.

At least Faldo could back it up.

I agree wholeheartedly by the way

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Game over. Tiger don’t let up

Sheesh mcilroy played that hole exactly the way I normally would after Ive hit my best drive of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,860 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

From looking like going all square McIlroy manages to take 6 shots from middle of the fairway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

395 drive, wedge in hand and now he’s 2 down! That’s golf

Coverage is painfull seeing so few shots from everyone else i hope we dont get any more rory tiger pairings this year

That was a shocking mistake from Rory but he was probably a bit unlucky with the lie outside the bunker. If it landed in the bunker he probably would've won the hole. Still no excuse for the second shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Coverage is painfull seeing so few shots from everyone else i hope we dont get any more rory tiger pairings this year

If you can find Astro Golf channel they have english commentary and no advert breaks so show other matches too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement