Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What channel are featured groups on? Anywhere at all? I don't know what Sky are doing. Who wants to watch hours of sh1te talk with snippets from yesterday?

That was the same rubbish that was on yesterday. But the Yanks love that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Rikand wrote: »
    That was the same rubbish that was on yesterday. But the Yanks love that sort of thing

What makes it worse is the knowledge that featured groups are on. Sky just dont have it or whatever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Amazing leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Hate to say it but McIlroy might win it today as the last group burden has been lifted and coming from behind is generally easier because if you come up short you're not classed a bottler

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Grillo -6 today Garcia -5 today
    Birdies to be had out there, hopefully Rory makes more than the rest of the field tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

You would swear it was a monsoon coming in the way they are going on. Forecast is chance of showers FFS,

Yes the wind will make a bit of a difference, that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Golfhead65 wrote:
    Hate to say it but McIlroy might win it today as the last group burden has been lifted and coming from behind is generally easier because if you come up short you're not classed a bottler
    If he does win it it'll be because if how he battled to a two under par round while not playing that well and having a couple of lip outs as well.
    He is owed a few putts and his poor round is behind him.
    Same applies to Fleetwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Respectable finish for Seamus Power. At -5 he'll have a decent payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,218 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would nearly put money on a playoff in this. Mcillroy will get frustrated with the time it takes Day to play. Dustin will post a nice score but may have left himself too much to do. Rahm will stutter a bit, be banging clubs early on

Poor start by the final group, and Day too, but he gets one back

• Advertisement

No one wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going to be a very bunched leaderboard. Exciting back 9 for us viewers hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Going to be a few twists and turns here. 17 causing havoc, no one going to run away with it anyway.

Day can't take any advantage at all

No shout of fore, looked painful there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

Mushy wrote: »

Really annoys me, either him or the caddy SHOULD shout fore...

4Ad wrote: »

Said there that some shouts did come but late. Point stands though as it happens too often, very lucky it wasn't the baby that got hit

• Registered Users Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

In fairness it was a blind shot for them and there were shouts of fore but someone will be killed in the not too distant future I think, especially from the tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

GreeBo wrote: »
    In fairness it was a blind shot for them and there were shouts of fore but someone will be killed in the not too distant future I think, especially from the tee.

Fair point...Rahm was decent about it and the man involved seemed pretty chilled out..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Exactly, they knew as soon as he hit it that it was a massive flyer.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »

The Pga could put a stop to players not shouting fore if they had the balls to penalize any player a shot if a spectator was hit and they didn't shout fore but they won't do it as they don't want to rub the top players up the wrong way, it's like not penalizing players for slow play Day, De chambo etc but a few years back penalized a young Chinese unknown just to show that they can.

No shout from Tommy there, clattered someone. So much for all the Europeans shouting fore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Imagine if that baby was hit. Some day there will be a death of a spectator and legal ramifications will result from no fore call. It's just simply scummy behavior not shouting fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

HighLine wrote: »
    Imagine if that baby was hit. Some day there will be a death of a spectator and legal ramifications will result from no fore call. It's just simply scummy behavior not shouting fore.

This is even easier to address than slow play but simply no one cares.

The powers that be bring in some stupid rules like knee high drop etc to supposedly speed up play but fail address the real issues including spectator safety, simple one shot penalty would hit players where it hurts, by not shouting fore they are hoping it hits somebody to stop going OB or deep into trouble, I agree someday someone will get killed then the sh1t will hit the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Go on Eddie. Top class man.

WTF is Rahm at there? Brainless.

That was reckless from rahm

I criticise Rorys decision making, but that was amateur stuff by Rahm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Rahm and Fleetwood both in the water on the 11th. Rahm trying the hero shot and failing. Miserably.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement