Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meonaredcouch

yes, the one in the close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Was it a sale that fell through? I remember every other house sold except that one in phase 2. Some neck putting another 25k on it if it never even sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meonaredcouch

xpletiv wrote: »
    Was it a sale that fell through? I remember every other house sold except that one in phase 2. Some neck putting another 25k on it if it never even sold.

That is what the sales agent told me. But i think there is no way of verifying. They are probably trying to ride the 'not THAT side of the luas line' hype train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Qrt

They are probably trying to ride the 'not THAT side of the luas line' hype train

Which side is this? The Lidl side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

'THAT side' must be referring to the Lidl side, as the house they are talking about it on the other side of the Luas line (northern side)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Has anybody heard when the next phase is being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colly130

Has anyone bought in the new phase that was released? The dale and the avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paars

Ohh Was there any new release ? ddn hear about that . when was the latest release ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TC.223

Hi all,

Hoping this isn't a ghost thread, Mods please move if needed.

Looking for some advice any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Myself and my wife looked at a house today in CW Village, he houses are beautiful and we want to put down a deposit tomorrow.

Has any current resident had any problems regarding break ins or anti social activity within the development/area? I mean serious issues, not kids congregating around the shopping centre.

Is there still 24/h security patrolling the development?

I suppose the most important question is, are you happy with your decisions to buy in CW Village?

I'm originally from Rathcoole so I'm aware of the surrounding areas of CW Village but at the moment from my knowledge it's not enough to put us off buying the house.

Thanks a million in advance.
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TK1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

I grow up in the area and with the addition of the McDonald's and walk through via the New Lidl. Anti social behavior is a huge issue in the area. Houses are stunning and location is great in regards transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RameshK2018

Hi All,
    Need help and guidance from you guys.
    I have booked a house on 3rd Feb in Citywest Village. The current status of the construction is just a cement base on the area with water pipe connections and maybe electricity cable. No structure has been created....just the cement base. I asked them by when it will be ready and they mentioned that "the home will hopefully be due for snagging in April/May. It generally takes approx. 3-4 week from snagging to closing.". Do you guys feel this is realistic? Actually I am not in a hurry and would in fact help me if it is delayed till end of Aug. It will help me better prepare financially. Also is there a legal way where we can ask the builder to delay the handover till end of Aug or we have to take the handover as soon as the snagging is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Hi All,
    Need help and guidance from you guys.
    I have booked a house on 3rd Feb in Citywest Village. The current status of the construction is just a cement base on the area with water pipe connections and maybe electricity cable. No structure has been created....just the cement base. I asked them by when it will be ready and they mentioned that "the home will hopefully be due for snagging in April/May. It generally takes approx. 3-4 week from snagging to closing.". Do you guys feel this is realistic? Actually I am not in a hurry and would in fact help me if it is delayed till end of Aug. It will help me better prepare financially. Also is there a legal way where we can ask the builder to delay the handover till end of Aug or we have to take the handover as soon as the snagging is done?

Our house was meant to be ready for snagging in August 2018. With all the delays we had our last snag the end of January 2019. Hopefully we will be getting the keys by mid March the latest. So as you can see there's a good chance that you ll be getting the keys a couple of months later. We are in a different estate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Any word from people that have been living there a while? Is there generally much trouble from neighboring areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MichD

Has anyone bought here that had to sell an apartment prior to buying and if so was it difficult in terms of timing? We have 2 small children and want to make the move as seamless as possible but from what I have read there seems to be a big time lag from the time you put down the deposit to moving in....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chicle

Hi all,

My wife and I put down a booking deposit for one of the last units available in City West Village and I wanted to ask you about the area and any anti social behaviour or issues that might have happened over this period of time.

We both are foreigners and we have been told from different people there are bad areas around, we have a toddler and we are a bit worried ...

If anyone can shed some light on it or give us more information, it would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

The time to ask those kind of questions was before you put down a booking deposit. But seeing as you asked, yes, there are some estates closeby that have bad reputations, but as with any area of Dublin, you will find there are decent people living there too.

No one can guarantee you any area is completely free of anti-social behaviour or bad elements.

Thanks AulWan for your reply, as I said in my previous post we are not from Ireland and when we asked in the viewing we were not told about it, it was after that when talking to colleagues that we found it out.

The booking deposit is fully refundable and that is not an issue at all.

I think you are right, as long as there are decent and nice people which I am 100% there are, things should be more than fine.

AulWan wrote: »
    The time to ask those kind of questions was before you put down a booking deposit. But seeing as you asked, yes, there are some estates closeby that have bad reputations, but as with any area of Dublin, you will find there are decent people living there too.

No one can guarantee you any area is completely free of anti-social behaviour or bad elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Not sure if any of you have seen the video circulating about car smashing into a person deliberately at that City West Shopping Centre? Scary stuff if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's not great that Shopping Centre and that area in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Chicle wrote: »
    Hi all,

My wife and I put down a booking deposit for one of the last units available in City West Village and I wanted to ask you about the area and any anti social behaviour or issues that might have happened over this period of time.

We both are foreigners and we have been told from different people there are bad areas around, we have a toddler and we are a bit worried ...

If anyone can shed some light on it or give us more information, it would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried reading the thread?

• Advertisement

Chicle wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

I see you are also viewing Oldbridge in Naas?

I'd be going there rather than Citywest, even though the Commute is tougher.

From DFB tonight:

2 cars alight and a downed lamp post blocking the entrance to an estate in Fortunestown tonight. Fire crews from Tallaght fire station dealing with the incident.

@Nullzero, thank you so much for your comments, reallly appreciated. (by Boards policy I cannot send pm messages for now)

Today we have woke up with the sad events that took place last night just beside the development we were considering to buy in. Clearly all the messages have discouraged us from continuing with the acquisition process, especially because we have a 2 years old kid.

Thank you so much again to all contributors to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Feder

Hi,
    Did anybody buy recently in citywest village? were they late in releasing the properties?
    I was told the house I am buying should be ready in November but I don't know if that could be realistic since it looks at the very beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

in here a few years, but i can say they are still working during this outbreak so they are building. The houses take about 9 months to build so yes, they should be ready, especially with longer hours over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lousiefallon

Feder wrote: »
    Hi,
    Did anybody buy recently in citywest village? were they late in releasing the properties?
    I was told the house I am buying should be ready in November but I don't know if that could be realistic since it looks at the very beginning

Hi, have you bought a house yet for the new release due to be this April? I am waiting to hear the exact release date and I am wondering will it go ahead with the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MichD

Hi Louise,

I would contact Citywest Village themselves and they will be able to tell you. Their number is on the website.

We bought out house around Easter time last year and it was ready to move into early December.

Passed by earlier and place alive with Gardai.

Mentioned on Dublin Live but not too much in the way of detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

anewme wrote: »
    Passed by earlier and place alive with Gardai.

Mentioned on Dublin Live but not too much in the way of detail.

I saw comments had been disabled on one site "for legal reasons".

Hopefully the victim(s) in this situation are all OK. It must be horrible to be subject to a violent home invasion in your beautiful new home.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

It wasn't Citywest Village, its a social housing estate called stonemasons Court that was built the same as CWV. 3 fellas in their 20's got in to attack a convicted sex offender that was there at the time.

Advertisement