Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Bredabe wrote: »
    Relatives dropped in yes and I was left alone:mad: to entertain them, wagon went into my freezer and spent ages criticising that I dont have food in conventional freezer bags.

Honestly who goes into someone else's freezer!

I feel your pain.
    What about people who land at the door with no notice?
    Ding Dong "only us"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I feel your pain.
    What about people who land at the door with no notice?
    Ding Dong "only us"

Install one of those looking glass devices on the front door and don't answer when it's them, that or move house and don't tell them.

But seriously yeah that drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Your inbox is full Mam of 4 !!

Ooops sorry :o

Shall rectify that now !

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mikemac2 wrote: »
    IKEA

How do you leave??

Once we got to the halfway point there was a canteen and I figured you could exit there but nope, the trek goes on

I really liked IKEA apart from that, was my first time in one of these

There are shortcuts!

And there is a sly way out from the canteen, you just need a small child with you to trigger a sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bredabe wrote: »
    Relatives dropped in yes and I was left alone:mad: to entertain them, wagon went into my freezer and spent ages criticising that I dont have food in conventional freezer bags.

Honestly who goes into someone else's freezer!

The next time she should "really" go into the freezer & lock the door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    The next time she should "really" go into the freezer & lock the door.

But she can't do that! She has the wrong bags for that!! The WRONG BAGS, Ted, don't you understand?!? :eek:

Some people...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trivial annoyances are not flushing toilets after they've done a dump , moving my stuff. Hitting the brakes when they see a speed camera even if they aren't speeding.
    Less trivial but very annoying is when I don't use my walking stick in public ( if I'm too embarrassed) and people just assume I'm full drunk . 5 police visits and breathalyser tests in the last year attest to this . All clear ,Getting cramps or kicks in my leg if I don't take my baclofen causing me to often fall off benches ( ;( )
    Fookers who don't know the rules of the road at roundabouts. I could go on but maybe Im just cranky and want a rant, sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

That guy in the office, knows loads about sports and diets don't you know, always moaning about he needs to *back* get in shape and sort himself out.....there he is now waddling across the floor with an overflowing bowl of some sort of sugar coated chocolate kids breakfast cereal. I guess he must be starting next Monday......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The lack of blackberry jam on the shelves of shops. I know Tesco will have it but I left it off my list and forgot it last time I was there.

Chanced my arm with this “Autumn Fruits” one Lidl have. Very disappointing, it’s basically black current jam, one of the least enjoyable of all the jams but seems to fill up shelves everywhere.

Looking for a hit of the old “sméara dubha” for the time of year that’s in it. Liberal amounts pasted onto a white scone or homemade brown bread on a wet, grey, day like today would be wonderful.

Instead I’m stuck with the ubiquitous, disappointing, black current masquerading as “summer fruits”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in a sports shop Yesterday and saw this hoodie in my size and I really liked it.
    I decided to try it on in the fitting room along with a pants.
    I put on the hoodie and it was tight and then I realised it was a kids size large.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Not so trivial maybe, but i've had such a crap run of it with my dating life / men lately. i had a major letdown with a guy i was seeing about a month ago who turned out to be a total flake and ended things in a really unfair way. It really hurt me and the silence from him has been hard to take, considering how much he pursued me in the first place. followed by a colleague i had a thing with a while back totally blanking me and deleting me from all his social media for unknown reasons. i could really do with his professional advice on a new role i've started and i don't feel like i can reach out to him now because of all of this bs. and then at the weekend i heard that my long-term ex has a new girlfriend.

which is fine and of course he should be happy, he's a really good guy. but all of these things are really hitting my self esteem like a freight train and i feel generally a bit sh1t about myself :mad: im bored of being chased and charmed by what turn out to be fickle, disappointing men.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who beat around the bush when they want to ask you something. Just spit it out ffs, I don't have time for you to tell me some irrelevant story of why you need to ask me whatever question that you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Trying to open a plaster when I've cut my fingertip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Shaving. What an absolute chore of a thing. How many months/years have we all spent shaving? Its about time evolution took it out the back and gave it a send off with a shotgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Shaving. What an absolute chore of a thing. How many months/years have we all spent shaving? Its about time evolution took it out the back and gave it a send off with a shotgun.
    But then what would all the hipsters do?

How would putting immac on at 13/14 work ? Shaving is a pain. I cant shave every day as it just cuts so I need to grow a messy looking stubble first . Pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

cjmc wrote: »
    I cant shave every day as it just cuts so I need to grow a messy looking stubble first . Pain in the hole

I was talking about my face, C. Unlucky though ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

THIS in the "Baby Toys and Entertainment" section of the Lidl Special Offers Website. Like, seriously?!?

I was talking about my face, C. Unlucky though ;)

I was too ! Unfortunate choice of words by me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

A lot of dicks who dont want a relationship, telling women want to hear until they have sex with them. Drives me mad.

I found out one of my friends was doing this so myself and a couple of friends tore into him, he promised not to do it again.

When I found out he was still at it, I created a fake profile using a hot girls picture, bought a sim, arranged a date in a gay bar and "stood him up" after stringing him a long with a load of running late excuses, he was there for 4 hours. He was furious :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

subtitles on netflix calling something a 'full-proof plan'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Shemale wrote: »
    A lot of dicks who dont want a relationship, telling women want to hear until they have sex with them. Drives me mad.

I found out one of my friends was doing this so myself and a couple of friends tore into him, he promised not to do it again.

When I found out he was still at it, I created a fake profile using a hot girls picture, bought a sim, arranged a date in a gay bar and "stood him up" after stringing him a long with a load of running late excuses, he was there for 4 hours. He was furious :)
    What? I'm so confused. Your male friend who you think is a man-slag treats people as hookups so you decided to play him at his game. You Cat-fished him and he reacted badly. Who am I supposed to judge here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d that anxiety affects my stomach, even though I love to eat. I keep going from hungry to feeling like I can’t eat and I only have a short window when I feel hungry to get whatever it is my stomach tells me I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've somehow managed to hurt my neck, shoulders and back. I can't move and I'm curled up in an awkward position. I feel rotten :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mondays, other people on Mondays, other people who expect me to work on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mondays, other people on Mondays, other people who expect me to work on Mondays.

I'm suddenly remembered of the old boomtown rats song "tell me why I don't like Monday's?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

The guy next to me in the canteen biting his cereal spoon with every mouthful. Every day.

Don't forget the guy (or gal) who rattles their teaspoon on the inside of the cup for ages when they're stirring their tea/coffee!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Teams with more than the specified number of members at a table quiz.

I wonder if this could be dealt with if the average number of answers per team member was used in declaring the winner?
    E.g. if team A, with six members, had the highest score of say, 90 points, this would average 15 points per member. And if team B, with four members, scored 80 points, giving an average of 20 points per member. Therefore, team B would be declared the winners.
    Would this system work?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ads when browsing on interwebz on phone.

More specifically ads to install a certain App.

I already have the it, don't need to see it and all its benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What? I'm so confused. Your male friend who you think is a man-slag treats people as hookups so you decided to play him at his game. You Cat-fished him and he reacted badly. Who am I supposed to judge here?

My TA was lads manipulating women looking for a relationship to get a ride and then dropping / stonewalling them. Plenty of places to get a ride without ****ing people over.

Catfished for less than a week just to tee up a date.

Is this the judgement thread? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement