Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Shemale wrote:
    Is this the judgement thread?

They're all judgement threads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shemale wrote: »
    My TA was lads manipulating women looking for a relationship to get a ride and then dropping / stonewalling them. Plenty of places to get a ride without ****ing people over.

Catfished for less than a week just to tee up a date.

Is this the judgement thread? :rolleyes:

Two wrongs don’t make a right. What you did was despicable. “Cat-fishing” is a disgusting thing to do to anyone.

Yes your “friend” was being a dick but, let’s face it, that’s life. Guys string girls along and girls string guys along. I don’t believe for one second that what you did cause him to rethink his life and to change his “wicked” ways.

All it would show is how unhinged you acted in trying to “sort him out”. I mean, you were talking to him for a whole week as someone else. Think about that. A week.

I can only hope you didn’t get too “explicit” in your chats or that you didn’t “solicit” and pics from the guy. Who’s image did you use to catch him out?

I, personally, find that whole thing to be in very poor taste and also, downright, shameful. If I was that “friend” I would be giving you a wide berth in future.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I forgot to bring in teabags this morning. I shall be forced to use the Barrys tea bags supplied by work for the rest of the day. Oh the inhumanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Yes your “friend” was being a dick but, let’s face it, that’s life. Guys string girls along and girls string guys along.

And friends take the piss out of each other, thats life too. Like I said he was looking for the next woman to **** over not have a relationship with so he only missed out on a ride not the woman he was going to marry.

All it would show is how unhinged you acted in trying to “sort him out”. I mean, you were talking to him for a whole week as someone else. Think about that. A week.

I sent him three web messages and a few texts on the night.
    I can only hope you didn’t get too “explicit” in your chats or that you didn’t “solicit” and pics from the guy. Who’s image did you use to catch him out?
    Nope. Some model, just sent to him not a profile pic. This was pre facebook.
    I, personally, find that whole thing to be in very poor taste and also, downright, shameful. If I was that “friend” I would be giving you a wide berth in future.
    I, personally wouldnt be friends with someone that cant take a joke. He was pissed off that night because he had lied about why he couldnt come out with us and was "stood up". He was laughing about it with me in the pub later in the night.

Bastion of morality, how many times have you manipulated women looking for a relationship on dating site for sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

They're all judgement threads! :D
    Otherwise we wouldn't have a thanks button.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Otherwise we wouldn't have a thanks button.

Don't you mean a "thanks button"

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Don't you mean 'Belly Button'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Don't you mean a "thanks button"

:D
    No, I meant a "thanks" button :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Work colleagues that talk **** to you about someone they know you dislike, purely because they want to confine in you for a bitching and gossiping session, are the kind that need to learn where their loyalties lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭gifted

When trivial turns into a full on ranting session....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

For the next few hours I'll be dreaming about winning the €130 million Euromillions jackpot. I'm in a syndicate of 20, so I'm not being too greedy - all I want is a nice, little €6.5 million and I'd never have a TA again.

Euromillions - why do you torment me with your promises of flashy cars, fancy clothes, exotic holidays and gold taps in my kitchen that pour Jagermeister and Red Bull?

Serious TA is that the jackpot will probably be won by some fat, English lager lout :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I kinda have two separate ones.

People repeatedly pressing the button at pedestrian crossings. I was stopped at one last week and some attractive redhead was pressing the button like she was playing Shinobi, while expelling so much vapour from her e-cig that I think she might have been solely responsible for the overcast conditions that day. TBH, because it didn't hold me up, it was more funny than annoying! :)

Jebus, relax though - on some junctions those buttons don't actually do anything anyway.

The second one's TL;DR is people on the road who don't have to be.

I saw three women running on the road last night. There was a footpath next to them and they were running in single file, so I have no idea why they were on the road. They were going at a decent pace and it looked like a training session, so I'm betting they do this a lot. ****ing run on the footpath and you might prevent yourself or someone else getting hurt!

Last week there was a cyclist doing something similar on the link road. Now, maybe despite the cycle path being a different colour and having several signs telling pedestrians and cyclists which side to be one, he didn't see it as it was separated from the road. For some reason I reckon he did (I've seen cyclists do that before), and reckoned he was safer on the road than taking his chances with pedestrians and dogs on the cycle path. I think the lorry that couldn't get past and was tailgating him probably wasn't happy. Personally, I'd take my chances on the cycle path rather than with the lorry.

Lastly some old dude crossed the road in front of my car last night. I was the only one waiting at a junction, and with the layout I reckon it would have been shorter for him to cross behind me, but this genius decides that in the failing light and his grey clothing that the best thing to do is walk in front of the car that wants to go forward.

Sometimes simple decisions can keep us safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

gifted wrote: »
    When trivial turns into a full on ranting session....

Guilty of that but needs to be done sometimes.
    Today's TA is flies, and how I go to get the vapona, they've all fcuked somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I waited till the phone call I know was coming (awaited)did, knowing full well it would ring while I was in the dreaded shower.
    There would be half a doz messages left, if I was in the shower when it came. call finished now and I feel even less like showering than I did.

TA how fleeting using motivation to do something dreaded runs out so quickly.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So called meantal health- professionals say casually to patients with a diagnosis of depression, that all they need to do is push themselves/snap out of it/they are wasting their lives.

The amount of locally based companies who dont respond to SM queries and think saying 'we dont have anyone monitoring our page' solves anything.

Final ta, ppl giving me upwanted advice on how easy driving is and how I'll be more independant, get used to the spacing issues around driving or how Im abusing the siblings who drive me places(where they want me to go with them).

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

A lot of dicks who dont want a relationship, telling women want to hear until they have sex with them. Drives me mad.

I found out one of my friends was doing this so myself and a couple of friends tore into him, he promised not to do it again.

When I found out he was still at it, I created a fake profile using a hot girls picture, bought a sim, arranged a date in a gay bar and "stood him up" after stringing him a long with a load of running late excuses, he was there for 4 hours. He was furious :)

Thats disgusting behaviour on your part.How dare you.You have no right to "tear" in to anyone.

I have just realised you are jealous.You want him and he doesnt want you back.

I hope he knows its you,and tells you to **** off.Thats what i would do.:mad:

Misogynistic snowflakes, another TA

dubstarr wrote: »
    I hope he knows its you,and unfriends you.Thats what i would do.:mad:

Unfriends, lmao.

Dont come here calling people names just because you where called out on your behaviour.

If you find your "friends" behaviour so abhorrent doont be friends with him.Its really quite simple.

And him laughing after been stood up for 4 hours.Did he know it was you that stood him up.

My TA is posters coming on to threads,posting something and then having a hissy fit when they are called on their behaviour.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »

Dont come here calling people names just because you where called out on your behaviour.

If you find your "friends" behaviour so abhorrent doont be friends with him.Its really quite simple.

And him laughing after been stood up for 4 hours.Did he know it was you that stood him up.

Backseat modding are we??

Calling names, lol. This is a TA thread snd I said a TA.

Its all there if you read it before waving your pitchfork around. I arranged it for a pub we were beside and told him that night, we are the only two that knew it happpened.

We were great friends when I did this and we are still are, he took it for what it was.

Anyway I am done talking about it and sure others are done reading about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Well that escalated quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

TA, slow escalations.

Bredabe wrote: »
    So called meantal health- professionals say casually to patients with a diagnosis of depression, that all they need to do is push themselves/snap out of it/they are wasting their lives.

Or cheer up, deadly, why didnt I think of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Easy peel oranges, apparently. Not this pack!

Reading above. Ive little to be annoyed about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

1st rune (jog), (limp :pac:) since June 2018 and it starts raining. Forgot how sexy running makes one look... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My DPD parcel that was to be delivered between 8 and 9am this morning.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Me, my sister and my friend talking about Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix being engaged just now.

Me: Random but good for them.
    Friend: Random but how cute!
    Sister: He’s 44 and she’s 34. That’s so predatory!
    Me and Friend: what the ever-loving fuck?
    Sister: He’s an older guy. I hate young women being preyed upon like that.
    Me and Friend: She’s 34, not 18!

That’s not even the main trivial annoyance in and of itself. It’s the rush by some to make women into victims no matter what. Like, you’d have to think that at 34, Rooney Mara is likely plenty mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Turned up at 6pm.
    My DPD parcel that was to be delivered between 8 and 9am this morning.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People referring to Tina Turner’s hit single The Best as “Simply The Best”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement