Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,312 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I liked Graham :o

He was a good character until Kim returned and their twisted relationship, he didn't work either with Rhona, he had chemistry with Moira, he would have been better than Nate for her but would Graham wear overalls and work the farm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Acosta

I wish Carl King was still alive :(

He was comedy gold. Shouldn't have killed him off.

Thought that was OK actually. The Twin Peaks esque music was amusing. Andrea has had a cold since she arrived at the village. Must have had the same thing I had. Took over a month to shake off.

Rhona should have told Vanessa and Marlon about Pierce's release, that was her main reason for leaving I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rhona should have told Vanessa and Marlon about Pierce's release, that was her main reason for leaving I thought

Yeah I agree. She doesn't know he was actually released though, she only knew he was up for parole. I presume the message that Graham deleted was to say he was released.

Yeah I agree. She doesn't know he was actually released though, she only knew he was up for parole. I presume the message that Graham deleted was to say he was released.

That was sneaky of Graham, I suppose he was protecting her not wanting her to worry and be scared

Rhona could have told them he was up for parole so could be released

Rhona made it sound that Graham had to leave to get away from Kim so she and Leo were going with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That was sneaky of Graham, I suppose he was protecting her not wanting her to worry and be scared

Rhona could have told them he was up for parole so could be released

Rhona made it sound that Graham had to leave to get away from Kim so she and Leo were going with him

We should be getting a Pierce flashback episode soon

The Pierce flashback is on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Would I be right in thinking that 3 people were involved in Grahams 'death'.

When we saw him get hit by the car in last nights first episode he was already beaten up. Then when he fell off the bridge onto the embankment in Mondays ep somebody else came to finish off the job. Then in last nights episode we saw Pierce hit him over the head.

gazzer wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking that 3 people were involved in Grahams 'death'.

When we saw him get hit by the car in last nights first episode he was already beaten up. Then when he fell off the bridge onto the embankment in Mondays ep somebody else came to finish off the job. Then in last nights episode we saw Pierce hit him over the head.

I’m guessing they all attacked Graham but Pierce dealt the final blow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I think Pierce hit him first, knocks him unconscious and he manages to get up to the road for help and some one knocks him over or someone stumbles across him, he looks for help and they finish him off.

They've already pulled this storyline with Carl but it seems to be heading this way again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm not liking this episode tonight tbh , as if Graham would fall for Pierces sniveling , no matter what he said about Rhona , I don't think Graham would have let him live in case Pierce attacked Rhona again . Not happy here .

• Advertisement

Grahams resurrecting reminded me of this on several occasions :pac:

500945.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Graham doing his bond villain act in Pierce apartment was stupid, I mean why bring needless trouble to your door, your about to go away to france to start a new life for Christ sake...

I liked Graham :o

Thought the character was a bit too exaggerated. Interesting in many respects but the demeanour was far too Hollywood Bond villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I've seen less brutality in an over 18 Movie. How they get away with showing that to kids at tea time I'll never know.

I've seen less brutality in an over 18 Movie. How they get away with showing that to kids at tea time I'll never know.

Also reminded me of this a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'm not liking this episode tonight tbh , as if Graham would fall for Pierces sniveling , no matter what he said about Rhona , I don't think Graham would have let him live in case Pierce attacked Rhona again . Not happy here .

Yeah, he was a pretty well developed character until the lead up and conclusion of this storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I was scratching my head with his order the first night. “Can I have a vegan special with meatballs” vegans don’t eat meat balls !

Best...drugdeal...ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thought the character was a bit too exaggerated. Interesting in many respects but the demeanour was far too Hollywood Bond villain.

I agree with you , Graham had so much potential to be a great character , but they definitely went too far down the panto villain road with him . Imo .

So who is going to kill Pierce, Rhona presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So Pierse was sentenced to five years in 2017 yet he is out in 2 years. That’s a joke and not realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    So Pierse was sentenced to five years in 2017 yet he is out in 2 years. That’s a joke and not realistic.

I know somebody who got five years and two years suspended.
    They spent about six months in prison and they are out now doing community service or what ever you call it.

I know somebody who got five years and two years suspended.
    They spent about six months in prison and they are out now doing community service or what ever you call it.

What was their crime?

What was their crime?

Stealing over €400,000!

I really don’t get what sort of message Emmerdale are trying to send out as regards to rapists.

Pierce gets released after 2 years and no doubt is going to start terrorizing Rhona again.

Victoria’s rapist was believed and then was blackmailing her and her family.

Stealing over €400,000!

Not really comparable then.

I really don’t get what sort of message Emmerdale are trying to send out as regards to rapists.

Pierce gets released after 2 years and no doubt is going to start terrorizing Rhona again.

Lisa's rapist Derek got off

Reality.
    He probally got his sentence reduced in some way.
    He also probally behaved in prison and did lots of therapy, etc.
    So, he got released early.

You have to wonder would Pierce have came back into Rhona's life if Graham had not tracked him down warning him off, which considering their plans to leave for France was a bad move by Graham, he loved to be the saviour hero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Knowing soaps i'm expecting Pierce and Rhona to be all luvvy duvvy soon....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I don't read too much into Pierce's sentence and if he was out too soon. Bottom line is they needed a device to get Graham out and they can't jettison a regular that they have plans for to facilitate Graham's exit. So they bring Pierce back to do the deed then he will be dispensed of soon.

Seems Charley Webb might give them a headache as she is in no hurry back and mentioned a fourth baby. Re-cast? Hopefully a personality transplant while they are at it.

Advertisement