Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random/General Chat Thread

• 06-04-2009 11:32am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On this miserable ass day siad i'd start a discussion regarding well anything.
    Nothing to do here with I think people in town are like the Ailens in That film Signs alergic to water.

I pulled a three day session this weekend, Simply in bits now. Mrs Ziedths brother is going to the states today so had various nights out for him.

Any news with anyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The last one died a horrible death.. so hopefully this one will be better.

Ill stickify it for now and see how it runs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Wish I had a three day session this weekend..................

Ah, them were the days ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Sully wrote: »
    The last one died a horrible death.. so hopefully this one will be better.

Ill stickify it for now and see how it runs. :)

I wont let that happen sully :D

Ya I wouldn't be the best now for the big sessions usually I can drink with the best of them over any given day but I'll be out for the count for the proceeding 24 hours. Hence why i'm in such pain today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Arrrrrghghhh! It's Waterford City's BBV!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

random thread is back.... will it burn and crash like the last one....
    I am just waiting for the fine weather to re-appear and enjoy the fine sites around waterford on a nice mcflurry run......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

See we just need to commit to this like have have committed to the TK Maxx Debate and it will flourish :D, I see there is over 3000 views on that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm wrecked from entertaining some young lads on an under 13 rugby team from the UK. Parents on my son's team had 2 boys each from visiting team for the weekend. It was very enjoyable but tiring and I wasn't even drinking.

Rua Tipoki and his family were visiting Waterford and heard that the youths were having a blitz so turned up at Waterpark on Saturday and watched some of the games. He stayed around and signed autographs and chatted with the children and parents.

deisemum wrote: »
    I'm wrecked from entertaining some young lads

ha ha.. the opening line made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

robtri wrote: »
    ha ha.. the opening line made me laugh
    If you reacted that way to the first half of the sentence, I can only imagine how you reacted to the second part!

lol, just shows how wrecked I was that I didn't consider how my post might have been read :o

All I had to do was mind them and provide vast quantities of food then spend most of Saturday in Mrs Doyle mode providing tea/coffee and sandwiches for so many parents and children. Next year the UK team will host Waterpark.

• Advertisement

lol, just shows how wrecked I was that I didn't consider how my post might have been read :o

All I had to do was mind them and provide vast quantities of food then spend most of Saturday in Mrs Doyle mode providing tea/coffee and sandwiches for so many parents and children. Next year the UK team will host Waterpark.

made my morning it did....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

:rolleyes: ohhh rob, you will never change.
    me washing is bleedin soaked on the line and im waiting for anyone to say "yeah ive a shed/garage you can use"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm finishing work at 2 and going to pick up the keys to my new house. But have you seen the weather outside? It's manky. Not the most pleasant day to have such a nice experience but sure what harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Jaysus we have a random thread in carlow and it's a great success!!

Anyways best of luck with this one.

Thank you stick-dan support from the carlow fourm is always appreciated :D

Where's the new house nkay? I'm off work today, why could it not have been yesterday:mad:

ziedth wrote: »
    Where's the new house nkay? I'm off work today, why could it not have been yesterday:mad:

It's in a new estate called Cnoic Caislean in Ballygunner. It's between The Village and Riverview.

Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Waterford people aint very chatty are they?:P

*( that outta get them started :P)

nkay I hope your move went well and that you enjoyed your first night in your new home. It's exciting until you start paying the mortgage.

nkay I hope your move went well and that you enjoyed your first night in your new home. It's exciting until you start paying the mortgage.

hope you have been behaving yourself deisemum...

Ah there's nothing in there yet so couldn't spend the night there. Getting flooring in Tuesday so wouldn't be worth our while getting the bed and that delivered yet. Think we're going to set up a mattress on the bare floor for the weekend because we kind of have to be out of where we are staying. Within two weeks, it'll be like a real house!

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    hope you have been behaving yourself deisemum...

I always behave myself and I'm keeping out from teenage boys. :rolleyes:

When we bought our first home (in UK) we assumed when you ordered furniture that it would be like here, delivered within a day or two but we had to wait for a month for the beds to be delivered.

We had to borrow a sofa bed that was so uncomfortable. Not long after getting our bed I noticed that one of the boards in the base was cracked and had to get a replacement. We were waiting 4 months for a suite of furniture.

When we moved back here and bought our current home I was heavily pregnant and hubby who's a carpenter was working away from home so I had to get another carpenter in as we were under pressure timewise. No wonder I had my baby a month early.

I always behave myself and I'm keeping out from teenage boys. :rolleyes:

When we bought our first home (in UK) we assumed when you ordered furniture that it would be like here, delivered within a day or two but we had to wait for a month for the beds to be delivered.

We had to borrow a sofa bed that was so uncomfortable. Not long after getting our bed I noticed that one of the boards in the base was cracked and had to get a replacement. We were waiting 4 months for a suite of furniture.

When we moved back here and bought our current home I was heavily pregnant and hubby who's a carpenter was working away from home so I had to get another carpenter in as we were under pressure timewise. No wonder I had my baby a month early.

moving house is a pain in the ass, but it can be so worth it...
    it was bad enough moving from Dublin down to here, don't know how you coped moving from different country and being pregnant at the time...
    Fair play to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

So, I'm back in Waterford for a few hours, helping out the aul fellah... And decided to get a bit of lunch. Christ, it's expensive down here. Deli's are working out cheaper than Dublin, but hot food/pub grub around town (without walking up to the Showboat, Mansion, etc), is all a minimum of a tenner - I'd get fed and watered in Dublin city centre for that!!

It is surprising noone has come up with an idea for affordable dinners cause your going to pay a min of €9-12 to be half way fed in town these day's with a coffee. That is working out at around €150 for the month when you think about it.

What would be wrong with giving someone a card that works out at say €30 for 5 dinners/whatever midweek. could be a nice little earner if you got enough people envolved.

ziedth wrote: »
    What would be wrong with giving someone a card that works out at say €30 for 5 dinners/whatever midweek. could be a nice little earner if you got enough people envolved.

They have a system similar to that in Slovenia, albeit for students, but it works great, you buy tokens for about €4 each, and only have to pay €3 in the selected restaurants - The restaurants know they'll get the business, and the students get cheap grub (Bear in mind, that €7 over there would get you a three course meal with beer).

Am still in shock with it being more expensive than Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Fajitas! wrote: »
    So, I'm back in Waterford for a few hours, helping out the aul fellah... And decided to get a bit of lunch. Christ, it's expensive down here. Deli's are working out cheaper than Dublin, but hot food/pub grub around town (without walking up to the Showboat, Mansion, etc), is all a minimum of a tenner - I'd get fed and watered in Dublin city centre for that!!
    Stay out of the posh places boyo! Check out La Taverna on Arundal Sq, cheap and great Italian.

Aye, I know the lads inside there, but just fancied something a bit less Italian! Harlequin's on Patrick St too!

Ended up in the Belfry... <.<

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Ended up in the Belfry... <.<

I like the Belfry, It doesn't have the same rat race feel to it like some other places around town has. Cajun Chicken Wrap is fairly nice in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

how do you know when its time to change the tyres on your car? is there a minimum thread depth or something?

• Advertisement

Isn't there a rule of thumb that you have to be able to stick a thick coin in it or something?

Advertisement