Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2020 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭bazlers

Just a thought but i wonder should we create a thread for this potential cold spell. Are we ruining this FI thread?
    Or would that jinx the whole bloody thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

bazlers wrote: »
    Just a thought but i wonder should we create a thread for this potential cold spell. Are we ruining this FI thread?

I'd hold fire on that for just a bit longer...

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    I'd hold fire on that for just a bit longer...

Cool

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we're not even close to locking in this cold spell just yet or how it may unfold for us directly. This is all still very much FI stuff at 8 to 14 days away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Too early. Towards the weekend it will be pretty much nailed on at T120. Or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Yep I'd be happy with a brief cold onslaught too. A good dumping be very welcome.

Aye especially for those of us who didn’t get a chance the last time.

Too early. Towards the weekend it will be pretty much nailed on at T120. Or not.

I understand that but we are going to end up with about 15-20 pages of poo on this thread until we get to that reliable time frame to where its yea or nay.

I thought a thread with potential plastered all over it would prevent that and just discard the whole lot if it fails.

Just a thought, all good.

ECM 12z looking tasty from day 7 on -

+192hrs -

ECH1-192.GIF?11-0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

C0B2E84D-DEAA-4851-BA83-31A23596FFDF.png.e2fc508310430b3e064b1b1383198d6e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

don't want to jinx the rest of the run but the ECM looks excellent. the GFS is still stuck at T180! at this point I hope it stays stuck since it sounds worse than the other models ;)

• Advertisement

I understand that but we are going to end up with about 15-20 pages of poo on this thread until we get to that reliable time frame to where its yea or nay.

I thought a thread with potential plastered all over it would prevent that and just discard the whole lot if it fails.

Just a thought, all good.

It will get peoples hope up if you have a thread now. Someone will post a thread at the appropriate time if this is going to happen.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    don't want to jinx the rest of the run but the ECM looks excellent. the GFS is still stuck at T180! at this point I hope it stays stuck since it sounds worse than the other models ;)

Yes the ECM has pulled it out of the fire. Lets hope the mean backs it.

Goodnight Atlantic-

ECH1-216.GIF?11-0

E91AD371-3E54-4797-BCE6-A3BA96260FB5.png.5e4be19d1f63845a7252816cffad3c36.png

Even better. The pesky bit of Vortex over Eastern Canada is shredded. Surely that gives us a better chance of the high not toppling. Too bad this isn't a t48 chart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Goodnight Atlantic-

I'd do anything for that to come off! I have a feeling that it's an outlier though since the ECM ensembles have been trending the wrong direction for about 3 runs in a row.

I'd do anything for that to come off! I have a feeling that it's an outlier though since the ECM ensembles have been trending the wrong direction for about 3 runs in a row.

Yes. it's my fear too. The odd of a clean evolution like that are unlikely. Nine times out of a 10 a pesky shortwaves will act as a spoiler to flatten the high.

It will get peoples hope up if you have a thread now. Someone will post a thread at the appropriate time if this is going to happen.

100% let the games begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

100% let the games begin.

May the odds be ever in our favour :)

Perhaps, maybe the higher res of the op run has figured this out before the ensembles though, it wouldn't be the first time.
    Decent consistency with the 00z run anyway.

Looks fantansic. Seem to do even better than the uk ; )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

I'm here singing 'The ECM' to Motorhead 'The Ace of Spades' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Finally we get a proper Greenland high with the ECM. A lovely run

The ECM 192 would be very wintry for our Limavady correspondent
    Source air artic Scandinavia/siberian with a long fetch of water west way north of the shetlands then south to the north coast
    Its a long track but a cold one,it would fetch many showers

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cold.stream

Far too early but the ECM also shows a countrywide snow event on the 18th (Mon). With uppers of -5/-6 and decent thicknesses it would be borderline but nice to see nonetheless. Will be containing my excitement until Friday at the earliest though.

image.png.bd633d4de45494bb691d541becc6fa4d.png

Nice to look at. Decent snow showers on that. None of this warm sector or marginality crap to contend with

Nice to look at. Decent snow showers on that. None of this warm sector or marginality crap to contend with

Beautiful to see. If we created a new thread this would be rain : ) rollercoaster climbing again fasten the seat belts.
    Dont forget the kleenex for the way down though..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Oh I am sure one would spring up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭esposito

And it’s not at day 10 for once! I know a lot of people would settle for a 2-3 day intense cold snap with decent snow but I’m not settling for that. I want a prolonged spell of at least a week. If the Greenland high is robust enough this could actually happen.

It would be great if the GFS pub run backed the ECM. It's still no guarantee of course that this will happen.

• Advertisement

All looking good so far. Great entertainment. Beats eastenders! Now thats saying something..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement