Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish anti-Islamic group protests mosque in Kerry

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yes, Muslim nations are much better places for homosexuals. When they are not getting hanged from cranes and thrown off roofs they are treated very well. Are you on the wind up? Muslim countries are barbaric ****holes compared to the Christian west and how they treat women, homosexuals, the disabled etc.
    Why do people you only include the western Christian countries, when over 30 nations where it is the largest religion have made it illegal? Trying to boil it all down simply to religion is very flawed and leads to cherry picking like this. Take Europe, North America and the US/Australia out of the equation and homosexuality is illegal in about 1-in-3 countries where Christianity is the biggest religion, vs. 2-in-3 in countries where it is Islam.

That still puts Christianity 'in the lead', but it does nothing to explain how Christians try to claim all of Islam is an evil/barbaric/etc religion because of issues like this in several of their countries, while conveniently forgetting ignoring Christian countries that do likewise because it would not suit the "Christianity = good, Islam = bad" motto.

It also leads to people blindly accepting lies like "being gay is illegal in every Muslim country in the world" or "apart from Russia, all Christian countries are perfectly OK with homosexuality" or even claims like "there are no churches/cathedrals anywhere in any nation that is majority Muslim."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

I hope people arent confusing a secular country with majority Christians to a Christian country.

Sure countries like Ireland and the US have same sex marriage but who were the people who opposed it in these secular countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Billy86 wrote: »
    OK, so now you've admitted to just making up the whole 'all Christian countries are graaaand with homosexuality' part in your head; you're not looking very credible.

And you only become less credible because in fact, homosexuality is legal in 1-in-3 nations where Islam is the biggest religion, and that is not even including the three countries in Europe where it is the biggest religion (Turkey, Albania and Bosnia) where it is legal in all three.

So...
    1. Every Christian nation in the world (barring Russia) are completely fine with being gay, not a bother at all with them about it. FALSE.
    2. Almost 100% of Muslim countries have outlawed homosexuality. FALSE.

It's time to just admit you were wrong and making things up.
    Haha and how many muslim countries have gay marriage? Even protection of lgbt citizens in the workplace?
    I don't know what you want me to say, do you want me to say muslims and christians treat gay people equally badly? Because I know that if given the choice of living amongst bigoted Christians or bigoted muslims Ill always take the Christians.

In a strange way I actually think Christians discriminate more against gays. They seem to think it's just a fad & their not really born like that & can be fixed.
    Muslims accept their gay & there's no changing them, although there's much a higher chance they'll be killed in a Muslim country.

What a stupid comment, I think Id prefer people trying to tell me its just a fad than being ****ing stoned to death or thrown off a skyscraper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

wakka12 wrote: »
    Haha and how many muslim countries have gay marriage? Even protection of lgbt citizens in the workplace?
    I don't know what you want me to say, do you want me to say muslims and christians treat gay people equally badly? Because I know that if given the choice of living amongst bigoted Christians or bigoted muslims Ill always take the Christians.

I would be more concerned about the radicalised ones wanting to kill people. A good 40% of people here disagreed with gay marriage. And a majority up North. See how you get along with the KKK for example Or westboro. I would wager it being the rise of atheism having more to do with Christians beliefs changing. Ask that lad in the funny hat in Italy what is wrong with letting same sex get married.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What a stupid comment, I think Id prefer people trying to tell me its just a fad than being ****ing stoned to death or thrown off a skyscraper

That would be radicalised nut jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Your original comment was "homosexuality is perfectly normal and legal in almost every christian country bar say Russia."

Your follow up was "1 in 3 is still a lot less than the almost 100% of muslims countries" in reference to homosexuality being illegal.

Your post above has absolutely nothing to do with either of these points, and you can look into them yourself. At what point are you going to admit you were simply full of sh*t, based on a clear prejudice you have against Muslims?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Yes, Muslim nations are much better places for homosexuals. When they are not getting hanged from cranes and thrown off roofs they are treated very well. Are you on the wind up? Muslim countries are barbaric ****holes compared to the Christian west and how they treat women, homosexuals, the disabled etc. As for Muslims accepting that they are gay, wasn't it the Iranians who said that they don't have an issue with gays as there are none in their country!

Get off the stage, Mr 'Ra head.

You clearly missed the "they'll be killed" part I put at the end.

Plus I never said Muslim countries are better places for gays to live I said Muslims countries just accept gay people are gay.

Anyway I don't know much on the issue of Islam & gays but according to David Norris who I can't stand about 70-75% of the time says he lived with Palestinian Muslims & his head is still on his shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I said Muslims countries just accept gay people are gay

... And then murder them for being gay...

Billy86 wrote: »
    Your original comment was "homosexuality is perfectly normal and legal in almost every christian country bar say Russia."

Your follow up was "1 in 3 is still a lot less than the almost 100% of muslims countries" in reference to homosexuality being illegal.

Your post above has absolutely nothing to do with either of these points, and you can look into them yourself. At what point are you going to admit you were simply full of sh*t, based on a clear prejudice you have against Muslims?

Ok I admit it. You win, well argued.

• Advertisement

You clearly missed the "they'll be killed" part I put at the end.

Plus I never said Muslim countries are better places for gays to live I said Muslims countries just accept gay people are gay.

Anyway I don't know much on the issue of Islam & gays but according to David Norris who I can't stand about 70-75% of the time says he lived with Palestinian Muslims & his head is still on his shoulders.

Whats good about accepting gay people as gay people if they just kill them then? That point makes no sense what so ever

I hope people arent confusing a secular country with majority Christians to a Christian country.

Sure countries like Ireland and the US have same sex marriage but who were the people who opposed it in these secular countries?

I believe I was confusing secular countries with christian ones as Billy pointed out to me. Apologies

Advertisement