Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish anti-Islamic group protests mosque in Kerry

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

One quarter of all kids born here are to non Irish mams. This is facts.

Though we have both established that those kids are still Irish so long as they have:
    1. British or Irish parents.
    2. Parents allowed to live in the ROI or Northern Ireland.
    3. Parents here as refugees.
    4. Parents who have lived here legally for 3 or more of the 4 years prior to the child's birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Nodin wrote: »
    .......that one passed so far over my head I think its actually about to enter orbit....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colm_Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Muckracker wrote: »
    I don't get why gays and feminists love Islam so much. You guys are going to be the first to be beheaded when they take over!
    I don't think people are defending Islam, as an atheist/humanist one religion is as bad as the next. All muslims are no more crazy than all Christians. If Christians get to have their temple then I don't see why the Muslims shouldn't get there's. I don't for one second think it's going to turn Ireland into a Muslim country, we can barely do Catholicism well.

Judging Muslims on the actions of a small minority is the same as judging all Christians on the westboro baptist church.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

Billy86 wrote: »
    Though we have both established that those kids are still Irish so long as they have:
    1. British or Irish parents.
    2. Parents allowed to live in the ROI or Northern Ireland.
    3. Parents here as refugees.
    4. Parents who have lived here legally for 3 or more of the 4 years prior to the child's birth.

I'm well aware of the 27th, Bill. I think it's wrong and will cause us unnecessary issues. What's your take?

I'm well aware of the 27th, Bill. I think it's wrong and will cause us unnecessary issues. What's your take?

I think it's pretty restrictive in terms of granting citizenship, but it's not the worst thing in the world, and it was passed overwhelmingly so I guess it speaks for the Irish public without much doubt. What kind of unnecessary issues would concern you most, though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Like ?

I don't get why gays and feminists love Islam so much. You guys are going to be the first to be beheaded when they take over!

Yeah, otherwise those groups need to get entirely behind the Catholic Church in the imminent war on Islam, if for no other reason, at least to ensure they are not mistreated or neglected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Billy86 wrote: »
    Yeah, otherwise those groups need to get entirely behind the Catholic Church in the imminent war on Islam, if for no other reason, at least to ensure they are not mistreated or neglected.

Or be strongly atheist against all religions including, and maybe especially, Islam.

As someone born into an atheist family, themselves born into a despised atheist communist family in darkest de velera's Ireland I find the liberal bourgeois excuses for Islam both apalling and humerous.

A quick search for "LGBT rights" in Google will tell you that it's not Christian ( or nominally Christian ) states that are the problem. In fact it's only Christian ( really post Christian) states* where gay marriage is available as far as I can see. Not hindu, Shinto, or Confucian States -- not that they are hostile to homosexuality but gay marriage isn't legal. Islamic countries make homosexuality illegal in a range from a short time in prison to the death penalty. Gay marriage is eons away if ever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

* and the Zionist entity as we say in far left circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

conorhal wrote: »
    If you can't afford that you really need to be shown the door. A friend of mine returned from Austraila two years ago because he couldn't afford to pay for schooling for his three kids in Sidney where they expect migrants to pay their own way. There has to be some basic critera for granting residency and an ability to support youself and not constitute a net loss to the economy should be one.
    when our own don't cause a net loss to the economy apart from disabled and elderly then we will talk

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Believe it or not I actually voted against the amendment. You're born here, you grow up here, you're damn straight that you deserve citizenship. Not this €950 so you can attend a condescending party craic. "Our history is now yours" - thanks Frances.

A lot of kids born here will grow up very disenfranchised. But there we go.
    i agree, all though the case of that child stolen from its italian mother a while back does make me wonder should i consider changing my mind and seeing some good from such a rule

• Advertisement

well as they won't be taking over, i'd imagine the gays and feminists have nothing to worry about

It's SJW nonsence in it's purest form, They cannot see the disconnect. They seem to think Moving to the west Is a cure for ones murderous blood lust towards infidels. Moderate Muslims are fine, I'm talking ISIS for example.

sjw. another mythical nonsense term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

It's a real term. It relates to our perma offended on others behalf brigade.

i agree, all though the case of that child stolen from its italian mother a while back does make me wonder should i consider changing my mind and seeing some good from such a rule

What?

It's a real term. It relates to our perma offended on others behalf brigade.
    its not a real term. these "brigades" don't exist

What?
    there is a thread on it i'l try find it later on if i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I for one welcome our new foreign overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

How many times are you gonna repeat this brain dead response when opportunity presents itself ?? Everyone else seems to be aware of its meaning bar you of course.

How many times are you gonna repeat this brain dead response when opportunity presents itself ?? Everyone else seems to be aware of its meaning bar you of course.

He's not wrong, tbf. It's like "hipster", in that people seem to use it to mean "someone I don't like".

He's not wrong, tbf. It's like "hipster", in that people seem to use it to mean "someone I don't like".

But i've seen him repeat this same line about a hundred times when someone dares mention the term politically correct. An actual term used in numerous debates and it thinks it's coming across as intelligent by claiming "pc doesn't exist". Bizarre. Infantile and downright embarrassing.

• Advertisement

But i've seen him repeat this same line about a hundred times when someone dares mention the term politically correct. An actual term used in numerous debates and it thinks it's coming across as intelligent by claiming "pc doesn't exist". Bizarre. Infantile and downright embarrassing.

Political correctness is very real, and in 90% of cases complete bolloccks, I'll grant you that, but again, it's a term that few people seem to know the actual meaning of, and just fire out when things aren't going their way.

How many times are you gonna repeat this brain dead response when opportunity presents itself ??

as many times as it takes until the people get the message that these groups/terms don't exist.
    Everyone else seems to be aware of its meaning bar you of course.

i know what it means. its a simple buzz term used as part of little victim rants. usually to be derogatory toards those who cannot and will not be bullied into conforming with bigoted, racist, or other backward views.

as many times as it takes until the people get the message that these groups/terms don't exist.

When are you going to get the message that if a term is used so widespread, that it obviously does exist ? and that claiming the opposite for the sake of being antagonistic and stubborn looks utterly, utterly moronic ?
    I know what it means. its a simple buzz term used as part of little victim rants. usually to be derogatory toards those who cannot and will not be bullied into conforming with bigoted, racist, or other backward views.

No way is it meant to be derogatory ?? Well done. Your default to accusations of bigotry and waycism just reinforces that sanctimonious caricature. Go on. Explain to us how "pc doesn't exist". Can't wait to hear this.

conorhal wrote: »
    We have a (horrendously lax) system to naturalse migrants, 30,000 this year, 60,000 last year.
    If you've been here for 18yrs and not bothered to apply then you are either not interested in becoming a citizen, lazy or you shouldn't be here.

Not everyone has the means or access to €950 plus the application fees. I understand that it's a nice little earner for the state, but tbh, I don't think we should be charging "naturalisation fees". Charge an application fee so people don't just throw one in hoping for the best, but if you're successful, then welcome aboard.

It should not be a way for the state to accumulate cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

When i went onto this crowds facebook page, I notice that Cllr Kieran McCarthy from Cork who was recently in the papers after being expelled from Sinn Féin has liked their page (i can see as hes my fbook friend). Strange page for any sensible politician to be following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I for one welcome our new foreign overlords.

Worry not, Kerry people don't feel the need to conquer us. The occasional burning and pillaging of Cork keeps them content.

HoggyRS wrote: »
    When i went onto this crowds facebook page, I notice that Cllr Kieran McCarthy from Cork who was recently in the papers after being expelled from Sinn Féin has liked their page (i can see as hes my fbook friend). Strange page for any sensible politician to be following.

Might want to mention it to him.

Nodin wrote: »
    .......that one passed so far over my head I think its actually about to enter orbit....

How you feel when you play! I mentioned Colm Cooper. What I meant was that if they settle down in Tralee and start acting the native, then peoples concerns will diminish.

Love it or hate it, I think the GAA is the best thing we have for integrating newcomers. Very difficult to hate people when the lad on your team is from out foreign.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

One quarter of all kids born here are to non Irish mams. This is facts.

Better than being born to imams wha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Better than being born to imams wha

But once they're born outside Dublin, they'll all be a shower of mullahs anyway.

Advertisement