Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hi All,
    My partner and I are looking at a house in Somerton. Obviously, we did love the houses. There's one big sticking point though. We learnt that the houses in the lane next to the house we are interested in, will be council houses - around 25 of them beside Tandy's lane. We are getting mixed reviews on what this means. While I understand that every new development will have 10% of council houses, does anyone know what these houses are? Affordable houses rented at a lower price by the council? Houses sold off at a lower price by the council? Someone in the above threads mentioned it's a traveller site? Someone else mentioned that they'd apartments? Where can we find the detailed information regarding this?

Also, what does this mean in terms of property resale value and more importantly safety?

Thanks

well, neither are likely to be improved by it , could go well and make no change, could go horrifically or somewhere inbetween.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 somertonlucan

Hi all, i have bought in the most recent phase nearer tandys lane. Does anyone know why they changed the colour of the brick front from red to sandstone colour?
    Also been told move in date of June, but based on what i have read here i expect that isnt accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Apparently the change of brickwork colouring is so as to provide a "colour gradient" from the red brick of the majority of the Somerton houses, into the brick style of the houses across the road in Westbury estate.

The thinking is that it integrates the two estates better if there's an "in-between" colour that is a little of both styles.

I don't know if it works but that's the thought process anyway.

No idea on the timing of your phase, all I can say is that we moved in about 9 months after we were told we'd be in, but others since us have been quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Respond Housing seem to be purchasing 97 homes across the road from the Lord Lucan pub. The back of Somerton would be bordering this development I’m presuming.

http://www.echo.ie/lucan/article/finnstown-fury

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

van_beano wrote: »
    Respond Housing seem to be purchasing 97 homes across the road from the Lord Lucan pub. The back of Somerton would be bordering this development I’m presuming.

http://www.echo.ie/lucan/article/finnstown-fury

Not bordering as such, it’s down the road on the other side of Finnstown House, closer to the Fairways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

The Rook wrote: »
    Not bordering as such, it’s down the road on the other side of Finnstown House, closer to the Fairways.
    the houses look tiny front what has been built so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Got email today that new phase is launching in February. Trying to find floor plans/prices online and there’s nothing there. Previous phases look good with two living rooms downstairs? Wondering will future phases be similar.
    Anyone got anymore information on these would love to hear. Pros/cons. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

hi! wrote: »
    Got email today that new phase is launching in February. Trying to find floor plans/prices online and there’s nothing there. Previous phases look good with two living rooms downstairs? Wondering will future phases be similar.

The website is brutal but one of my friends recieved a mail from them earlier this week. I’ve tried to attach what they sent but it won’t work so drop me a pm and I’ll send you it... I don’t know prices though.

I live in one of the earlier phases that were built by another developer so the houses are a bit different. Overall very happy with the house, area etc.

The website is brutal but one of my friends recieved a mail from them earlier this week. I’ve tried to attach what they sent but it won’t work so drop me a pm and I’ll send you it... I don’t know prices though.

I live in one of the earlier phases that were built by another developer so the houses are a bit different. Overall very happy with the house, area etc.

Thanks so much! Yes it’s bizzare- it almost looks as though the development is completely finished when you go looking

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

I would encourage nobody to buy out here. The area is gone to ****e and we have had multiple break ins this year, two while at home.

I'm getting out of dodge as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

hi! wrote: »

https://www.savills.ie/site-plans/site-plan-somerton2-compressed.pdf
    Starting at €365k I think
    These houses are being built by a different developer and have a different architect so not sure how much it’s worth comparing to the current existing estate but I’d imagine they will be similar enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

Going by the link; the 3 bed hazel without extension looks very small; wondering if phase 1 of somerton had the same layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I would encourage nobody to buy out here. The area is gone to ****e and we have had multiple break ins this year, two while at home.

Jesus that's awful, a friend lives there and loves it, house is fab, lots of families at the same stage as themselves, pity to hear its been targeted like that.

kniaodha wrote: »
    https://www.savills.ie/site-plans/site-plan-somerton2-compressed.pdf
    Starting at €365k I think
    These houses are being built by a different developer and have a different architect so not sure how much it’s worth comparing to the current existing estate but I’d imagine they will be similar enough!

Thank you!

I'm getting out of dodge as soon as possible.

Oh no really :/ I’m sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

Anybody here who booked in phase 2 of Somerton, any facebook group or whatsapp group for phase 2 new buyers. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Does anybody know if you need to prove you have the full balance at the time you put down your booking deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you need to prove you have the full balance at the time you put down your booking deposit?

Usually need letter from bank stating approval in principle for mortgage (or proof of cash available if not getting a mortgage)

Worth getting on to savills to clarify with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elhadi

Rock123 wrote: »
    Anybody here who booked in phase 2 of Somerton, any facebook group or whatsapp group for phase 2 new buyers. TIA

Hi Rock123 , I will start one couldn’t find any, will PM you the link

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

Elhadi wrote: »
    Hi Rock123 , I will start one couldn’t find any, will PM you the link
    Could you please send it to me as well. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Not allowed a link as new member
    Try Somerton lucan all phases -2021 on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AD2408

Has anyone booked a unit is Somerton recent launch in March 2021?

AD2408 wrote: »
    Has anyone booked a unit is Somerton recent launch in March 2021?

Hi there, we are creating a group in Facebook Somerton all phases 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tech99problems

Hi All,
    wondering if anyone has booked or planning to book in Somerton's new phase. Also, anyone got an idea what will be prices for their new 4 bed-room room houses:
    The Beech - End of terrace
    The Alder - End of terrace

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Hi All,
    wondering if anyone has booked or planning to book in Somerton's new phase. Also, anyone got an idea what will be prices for their new 4 bed-room room houses:
    The Beech - End of terrace
    The Alder - End of terrace

Thanks!

I've been getting their emails as I'd expressed interest a few months back, and these are the prices of some 4 beds they had left after the first release:

The Beech - End of Terrace - €515,000
    The Beech - Detached - €540,000
    The Alder - Terraced - €465,000
    The Cedar - Detached - €570,000

They were prices for specific properties (I've redacted the addresses), so the prices are probably slightly different depending on garden orientation and probably other factors... plus they might increase them for the next release...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bico_4433

Hi, Can you please PM me the link, I am viewing a house shortly. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bico_4433

Hi , Does anyone has a link to the city council planning permission for the Somerton new phase (2021) ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

bico_4433 wrote: »
    Hi , Does anyone has a link to the city council planning permission for the Somerton new phase (2021) ?
    Thanks

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?regref=SDZ19A%2F0004

It's South Dublin County Council (not Dublin city).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tech99problems

Hi All,

To all the prospective buyers, looks like Somerton is going to launch newly built homes in market anytime soon. They've also updated the house advertisements on myhome dot ie. Wondering if there are some people out there like me who are going to try their luck with these new homes and would like to connect? Can create a whatsapp group to discuss anything in regards to these houses and buying experience. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 WallE

Could you please share me the FB group link, couldn't find it on FB. TIA!

Advertisement