Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 New2018

Haven’t heard anything yet. It will be well advertised I’m sure when it does go on sale. We bought in phase 2 and at that time they said phase 3 would be going on sale sometime in May. Maybe give Savills or Leahy s a ring and they might have the date.
    The best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

Hi All,

Does anybody know when the possession of Phase 1 is going to be given? Did anybody received letters regarding closing dates yet?

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Nothing definite given by either Estate Agents or Builders.

We’re told it “won’t be long now” but never get any clearer details than that.

The Rook wrote: »
    Nothing definite given by either Estate Agents or Builders.

We’re told it “won’t be long now” but never get any clearer details than that.

Taking too long at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

The lack of information is a joke at this point. We got sick of waiting and went for a house in Shackleton instead.

• Advertisement

The lack of information is a joke at this point. We got sick of waiting and went for a house in Shackleton instead.
    Had you already got your name down for a Phase 1 house in Somerton and then cancelled or what phase were you looking at buying?

Had you already got your name down for a Phase 1 house in Somerton and then cancelled or what phase were you looking at buying?

Nope never had our name down for Phase 1 but we were waiting for Phase 2 to be announced for ages and they would never confirm anything.

Nope never had our name down for Phase 1 but we were waiting for Phase 2 to be announced for ages and they would never confirm anything.
    Phase 2 went up for sale at the start of April, and sold out very quickly, Phase 3 is coming up for sale shortly. They’re not the greatest at sharing information alright but I’m happy to wait until it’s right rather than move into a half finished estate.

Phase 2 went up for sale at the start of April, and sold out very quickly, Phase 3 is coming up for sale shortly. They’re not the greatest at sharing information alright but I’m happy to wait until it’s right rather than move into a half finished estate.

Got info, that some people have got closing date of 8th of June in phase 1, has anybody else got it?

Sorry yeah meant Phase 2. For us it was a 50/50 between the two but just couldn't get any concrete information out of them so that swung it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinguy2609

Rock123 wrote: »
    Got info, that some people have got closing date of 8th of June in phase 1, has anybody else got it?

Hi Rock, what's the source of your info? We are phase 1 and have been mailing Leahy and Castlethorn, but getting nowhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Hi Rock, what's the source of your info? We are phase 1 and have been mailing Leahy and Castlethorn, but getting nowhere....

Call them. Emails are the easiest type of communication to ignore!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinguy2609

I had a somewhat heated conversation with Leahy earlier in the week. Will try calling Castlethorn on Monday.. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I had a somewhat heated conversation with Leahy earlier in the week. Will try calling Castlethorn on Monday.. Thanks.

I used to use email but found a phone call is your only man when you really need an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Missy28

Hi Rock123 - did they tell you what street has that closing date? Also was it Castlethorn or Estate Agents you spoke to?

Missy28 wrote: »
    Hi Rock123 - did they tell you what street has that closing date? Also was it Castlethorn or Estate Agents you spoke to?

My Friend who has bought in Phase 1 has been informed by her solicitor. I don't know which street is that. But surely if this is the case then other people must also be getting informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Missy28

My Friend who has bought in Phase 1 has been informed by her solicitor. I don't know which street is that. But surely if this is the case then other people must also be getting informed.

Do you know who told their solicitor i.e. Castlethorns solicitor or estate agents? Nobody else has been given such a specific time frame that I know of?? Really hope that it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ToonArmy1984

Got a phase 2 move in date today from savills for Sep/Oct. Would imagine that will be closer to xmas considering how long phase 1 have been waiting

Phase 1 also got their dates pushed out, new dates ranging from July/August to Sept/October.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ToonArmy1984

Serious delays. I'm preparing for a move in after Xmas for phase 2. Didn't think phase 1 would be Sep/Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 New2018

Omg that’s so annoying. Do u know what the delay is? What is happening??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

Am a phase 1 buyer and the dates for us have been pushed to July/August .They have not quoted any reasons but it seems like there is an issue getting the water connection.No details yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Phase 3 going on sale this weekend, 9th and 10th June. If anyone wants to get one in this phase my advice would be to queue outside Leahy office in Adamstown on Friday. Last time they started handing out tickets around 5pm. No point waiting during the week, they won't give you a ticket and may call the guards. All 3 beds sold out on first day last phase so you need to be on the ball to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Phil Kearney

Hey thanks for the advice, whereabouts is the office in Adamstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Just to add to that. We were first there outside Leahy’s on Friday morning at 9am and when they gave out the tickets at 5pm we were still only number 17. There was a group of 8 people who had been queueing the previous night who were told to come back at 5pm and I’m guessing the other 9 were there the day before that.

So even though they only gave out tickets on Friday evening there was definite queueing/an order before that.

It was fine for us because we got the house we wanted but I know a few who had earlier numbers than us and were disappointed.

Leahy’s office is right down the back of Adamstown near the train station. I’m almost sure it says Adamstown Sales Suite outside.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Phil Kearney

FYI there were people queuing at the somerton houses today buying 3 beds. It seemed as though these were people registered for phase 2 that missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meonaredcouch

climber59 wrote: »
    Just to add to that. We were first there outside Leahy’s on Friday morning at 9am and when they gave out the tickets at 5pm we were still only number 17. There was a group of 8 people who had been queueing the previous night who were told to come back at 5pm and I’m guessing the other 9 were there the day before that.

So even though they only gave out tickets on Friday evening there was definite queueing/an order before that.

It was fine for us because we got the house we wanted but I know a few who had earlier numbers than us and were disappointed.

Leahy’s office is right down the back of Adamstown near the train station. I’m almost sure it says Adamstown Sales Suite outside.

Best of luck!

you were in the queue from the morning to evening? woah!:eek:

It was actually grand on the Friday and we got to meet our new neighbours. It was the days before when we were uncertain what was happening, whether to queue or not that were really stressful.

There's another Castlethorn development in Rathborne going on sale tomorrow. I live right beside it and there were people out in deckchairs at 6.30am this morning! At least they have the weather for it - ours were the week after the snow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

Hi all,

Did anyone get tickets for tomorrow? We were told they weren’t doing that this time round 🙄

Thanks

• Advertisement

If anyone bought a house in Somerton today, we have a Facebook group for Phase 2 - and now Phase 3 - buyers if anyone wants to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1781075918618228

And congrats! :)

Advertisement