Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 moranr7

Does anyone know if there is another phase planned this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darraghm1886

Hey guys bit of a long shot but does anyone have the floor measurements for the blackthorn with the family room (option 1)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

I didn’t measure it myself but if you go on SDCC’s website and look for the planning permission the m2 of each room is there in one of the documents. It doesn’t have length and width but it’s something. Think the link might be further back in this thread.

You could try ask on the Facebook group, maybe someone there measured it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 giallo

climber59 wrote: »
    I didn’t measure it myself but if you go on SDCC’s website and look for the planning permission the m2 of each room is there in one of the documents. It doesn’t have length and width but it’s something. Think the link might be further back in this thread.

You could try ask on the Facebook group, maybe someone there measured it themselves.

I'm also interested in the plan for Blackthorn Option 2 instead. I wasn't able to find that document in the SDCC website. Would you mind to share a direct link to the planning permission?

That's weird alright - the only thing there now is a pre planning app for Phase 2. I do have the pdf saved on my PC which I've attached (I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 giallo

That's weird alright - the only thing there now is a pre planning app for Phase 2. I do have the pdf saved on my PC which I've attached (I think).

Thanks a lot! I've noticed from the plans that there is an option of a convertible attic. I was just wondering if anyone asked about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meonaredcouch

giallo wrote: »
    Thanks a lot! I've noticed from the plans that there is an option of a convertible attic. I was just wondering if anyone asked about that.

I tried to ask one of those leahy folks. But they avoided answering the question. Also, shouldn't the developers put a window on the roof for attic to be convertible? The blackthorns in phase 2 don't seem to have any windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ToonArmy1984

Question for the board regarding contracts. I've signed up for a 5 bed detached from phase 2. I'm assuming a lot of people have had to sell to buy and was wondering if anybody has experienced issues with the developer threatening to pull the plug on the sale. I was sale agreed on my house and it fell through. Its recently gone back sale agreed again and hopefully it moves fairly quickly. I've since had the developers solicitor in touch saying that I need to stump up the rest of the deposit or they will put it back on the market. Anyone else any experience on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Question for the board regarding contracts. I've signed up for a 5 bed detached from phase 2. I'm assuming a lot of people have had to sell to buy and was wondering if anybody has experienced issues with the developer threatening to pull the plug on the sale. I was sale agreed on my house and it fell through. Its recently gone back sale agreed again and hopefully it moves fairly quickly. I've since had the developers solicitor in touch saying that I need to stump up the rest of the deposit or they will put it back on the market. Anyone else any experience on this?

I'd imagine you'll be fine on a 5 bed. There isn't a huge market for 5 bed houses so to pull the plug after you've explained your situation would be very bad business on their part. I recently signed on a house in another development and experienced the same sort of posturing from the sales agents and the developers solicitors. They are given timelines and targets to meet and they try everything to push things along. All you can do is engage with them and keep them updated on the progress of your sale. Don't leave them in the dark wondering if you're going to back out.

Thanks for the reply.I'm hoping its just them putting on a bit of pressure, would hate to have put all the hard work in for it then to fall down at the last minute.

• Advertisement

Anybody have a move in date for phase 2. Last I received was September/October timeframe. Is this still realistic? Has anybody from Phase 1 moved in yet?

Last I got was November/December for Phase 2 but plenty have September/October, it just depends on the street. There was a post with a lot of replies on the Facebook group so maybe check there?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

How much is the 3 bed detached in somerton?
    Any one who has moved into a 3 bed, could you please say your opinions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

kevincool wrote: »
    How much is the 3 bed detached in somerton?
    Any one who has moved into a 3 bed, could you please say your opinions...

In the last phase they were €370 but I'm sure they'll go up in the next phase. I didn't buy there in the end but the show house was lovely, living areas very spacious but the bedrooms were a little on the small size for my liking.

I'm not sure anyone had moved into the 3 beds yet. Up until a few weeks ago only a few 5 beds had been moved into. A lot of people are snagging at the moment though so someone should be able to report soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 moranr7

A South Facing Garden 3 bed Terrace was 350K in phase 3. 3-bed terrace started from 340K.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yakoub

Does anybody know where the 10% of the community housing that must be provided by the builders will be located?

My wife and I were going to buy a property in Shackleton until we discovered that there will be a concentration of 60 apartments for community housing in the middle of the place so we decided not to buy there. As far as we understand the builders must give 10% of the properties to the city council so we are wondering where these houses/apartments will be in Somerton.

Fairly sure they are building the community housing closer to tandy's lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yakoub

Thanks Darraghm, it is great they can build the community housing outside the premises of the compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Not sure about positioning, however from what I understand there is 32 social housing units allocated to Somerton, all houses. Can't imagine them all been in one place in the estate due to the volume of them.

• Advertisement

What's wrong with that though?
    yakoub wrote: »
    Thanks Darraghm, it is great they can build the community housing outside the premises of the compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paddygreen34

Hi all

My wife and I are looking at a house in this estate and just looking to get some local knowledge on transport options/ traffic in the mornings.

Both of us would be commuting towards city centre direction. What's the traffic like if we were to drive leaving around 7.45?

Would it be better to get a bus? If so are the buses frequent enough and will you get on at that time?

Also I see from the thread that there's talk of fire stations and traveller sites nearby. Roughly how close by are they?

Thanks
    Paddy

Not sure about driving but I get the 25d at 7.30am and get off on the quays at 8.10am. There are about 15/20 people at the bus stop and it's nearly full after that stop. Haven't had to stand on any bus yet though and have always got on.

The 25a and 25b are slightly longer but so far (only 2 weeks to be fair!) I've never been on the bus for more than 50 minutes either way even at the height of rush hour. Max 40 minutes on the 25d.

I'm not sure about your other questions. I'm sure someone else can help but if not the best bet is to look at the most up to date plans on the SDCC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paddygreen34

Thanks Climber59... someone mentioned that there's a train station closeby in Adamstown... have you any knowledge of this?

Sounds promising on the bus front...40 minutes isn't too bad.

Would be 50/50 public transport and needing to drive for work so if anyone can shed some light on driving that would be very helpful.
    Thanks
    Not sure about driving but I get the 25d at 7.30am and get off on the quays at 8.10am. There are about 15/20 people at the bus stop and it's nearly full after that stop. Haven't had to stand on any bus yet though and have always got on.

The 25a and 25b are slightly longer but so far (only 2 weeks to be fair!) I've never been on the bus for more than 50 minutes either way even at the height of rush hour. Max 40 minutes on the 25d.

I'm not sure about your other questions. I'm sure someone else can help but if not the best bet is to look at the most up to date plans on the SDCC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Adamstown has a regular train service to Heuston and a less regular service to Connolly. There are always seats on the Heuston trains but the Connolly one is a lot busier. It's a good option if you drive, as you'd be going against traffic and less than 5 minutes to the station, with free parking - the car park is a 5 min walk from the station.

Newcastle road traffic towards Supervalu / N4 is always mental.

I drive as far as the the start of the quays and it generally takes me 35 mins in high traffic.

I've never used the train myself but it's about a 20 minute walk away and then 20/25 minutes or so on the train depending on where you get off. Not sure of the timetable/frequency though.

In terms of traffic, it never looks too bad in the morning - busy but moving - but on the way home it's packed. Just looking from the bus on the N4, it's extremely busy with traffic. And that's around 4/4.30pm. There's a bus lane the whole way so it doesn't affect that too much. There might be better routes you could take though.

I find this quite accurate usually: http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en You can put in your start and end point at whatever time you want to leave/arrive and it will give you an approx time taking usual traffic into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Hi,

Would anyone be able to tell me what schools Somerton is in the catchment area for? We are first time buyers and are considering a house in this development, we don’t have any family yet but are just trying to be as thorough with our research as we’re not familiar with the area at all.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ParadoxMillin

Hi All,
    My partner and I are looking at a house in Somerton. Obviously, we did love the houses. There's one big sticking point though. We learnt that the houses in the lane next to the house we are interested in, will be council houses - around 25 of them beside Tandy's lane. We are getting mixed reviews on what this means. While I understand that every new development will have 10% of council houses, does anyone know what these houses are? Affordable houses rented at a lower price by the council? Houses sold off at a lower price by the council? Someone in the above threads mentioned it's a traveller site? Someone else mentioned that they'd apartments? Where can we find the detailed information regarding this?

Also, what does this mean in terms of property resale value and more importantly safety?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Hi All,
    My partner and I are looking at a house in Somerton. Obviously, we did love the houses. There's one big sticking point though. We learnt that the houses in the lane next to the house we are interested in, will be council houses - around 25 of them beside Tandy's lane. We are getting mixed reviews on what this means. While I understand that every new development will have 10% of council houses, does anyone know what these houses are? Affordable houses rented at a lower price by the council? Houses sold off at a lower price by the council? Someone in the above threads mentioned it's a traveller site? Someone else mentioned that they'd apartments? Where can we find the detailed information regarding this?

Also, what does this mean in terms of property resale value and more importantly safety?

Thanks

I would never buy here. I overlooked atleast three developments because the social houses were so close to the house I liked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbborris

Has the traveller accommodation location been finalised yet?
    There has been speculation on other forums regarding a definitive area i.e Shackleton, Arderrig.
    The SDCC Planning docs which contained the area seem to be removed the site.

Advertisement