Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

hi! wrote: »
    Got email today that new phase is launching in February. Trying to find floor plans/prices online and there’s nothing there. Previous phases look good with two living rooms downstairs? Wondering will future phases be similar.
    Anyone got anymore information on these would love to hear. Pros/cons. Thanks

https://www.savills.ie/site-plans/site-plan-somerton2-compressed.pdf
    Starting at €365k I think
    These houses are being built by a different developer and have a different architect so not sure how much it’s worth comparing to the current existing estate but I’d imagine they will be similar enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

Going by the link; the 3 bed hazel without extension looks very small; wondering if phase 1 of somerton had the same layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I would encourage nobody to buy out here. The area is gone to ****e and we have had multiple break ins this year, two while at home.

Jesus that's awful, a friend lives there and loves it, house is fab, lots of families at the same stage as themselves, pity to hear its been targeted like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

kniaodha wrote: »
    https://www.savills.ie/site-plans/site-plan-somerton2-compressed.pdf
    Starting at €365k I think
    These houses are being built by a different developer and have a different architect so not sure how much it’s worth comparing to the current existing estate but I’d imagine they will be similar enough!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

I would encourage nobody to buy out here. The area is gone to ****e and we have had multiple break ins this year, two while at home.

I'm getting out of dodge as soon as possible.

Oh no really :/ I’m sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

Anybody here who booked in phase 2 of Somerton, any facebook group or whatsapp group for phase 2 new buyers. TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Does anybody know if you need to prove you have the full balance at the time you put down your booking deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you need to prove you have the full balance at the time you put down your booking deposit?

Usually need letter from bank stating approval in principle for mortgage (or proof of cash available if not getting a mortgage)

Worth getting on to savills to clarify with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elhadi

Rock123 wrote: »
    Anybody here who booked in phase 2 of Somerton, any facebook group or whatsapp group for phase 2 new buyers. TIA

Hi Rock123 , I will start one couldn’t find any, will PM you the link

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

Elhadi wrote: »
    Hi Rock123 , I will start one couldn’t find any, will PM you the link
    Could you please send it to me as well. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Not allowed a link as new member
    Try Somerton lucan all phases -2021 on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AD2408

Has anyone booked a unit is Somerton recent launch in March 2021?

AD2408 wrote: »
    Has anyone booked a unit is Somerton recent launch in March 2021?

Hi there, we are creating a group in Facebook Somerton all phases 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tech99problems

Hi All,
    wondering if anyone has booked or planning to book in Somerton's new phase. Also, anyone got an idea what will be prices for their new 4 bed-room room houses:
    The Beech - End of terrace
    The Alder - End of terrace

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Hi All,
    wondering if anyone has booked or planning to book in Somerton's new phase. Also, anyone got an idea what will be prices for their new 4 bed-room room houses:
    The Beech - End of terrace
    The Alder - End of terrace

Thanks!

I've been getting their emails as I'd expressed interest a few months back, and these are the prices of some 4 beds they had left after the first release:

The Beech - End of Terrace - €515,000
    The Beech - Detached - €540,000
    The Alder - Terraced - €465,000
    The Cedar - Detached - €570,000

They were prices for specific properties (I've redacted the addresses), so the prices are probably slightly different depending on garden orientation and probably other factors... plus they might increase them for the next release...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bico_4433

Hi, Can you please PM me the link, I am viewing a house shortly. Thanks

Hi , Does anyone has a link to the city council planning permission for the Somerton new phase (2021) ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

bico_4433 wrote: »
    Hi , Does anyone has a link to the city council planning permission for the Somerton new phase (2021) ?
    Thanks

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?regref=SDZ19A%2F0004

It's South Dublin County Council (not Dublin city).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tech99problems

Hi All,

To all the prospective buyers, looks like Somerton is going to launch newly built homes in market anytime soon. They've also updated the house advertisements on myhome dot ie. Wondering if there are some people out there like me who are going to try their luck with these new homes and would like to connect? Can create a whatsapp group to discuss anything in regards to these houses and buying experience. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 WallE

Could you please share me the FB group link, couldn't find it on FB. TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Please help me with a good development in Dublin or surrounding areas for 3 Bed house or 2 bed apartment/Duplex. 350 to 380 K. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Hi All,

To all the prospective buyers, looks like Somerton is going to launch newly built homes in market anytime soon. They've also updated the house advertisements on myhome dot ie. Wondering if there are some people out there like me who are going to try their luck with these new homes and would like to connect? Can create a whatsapp group to discuss anything in regards to these houses and buying experience. Thanks!

Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kody1337

Did anyone here book the recent launch of somerton view (phase 2)? Did anyone create a fb or WhatsApp group related to recent release?

kody1337 wrote: »
    Did anyone here book the recent launch of somerton view (phase 2)? Did anyone create a fb or WhatsApp group related to recent release?

Yes, it is this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/154838823102775

• Advertisement

Yes, it is this one

I tried accessing the link, It shows the message as "The content Isn't Available Right Now".Can you please ping the name of the group.

Sure, try "Somerton II Lucan - Residents (2021)"

Sure, try "Somerton II Lucan - Residents (2021)"

Sorry cant find this group, owner of the grp might have made the group private and hence cant find this grp in facebook.

It seems the policy group is set to "hidden". Just requested an admin to set it to publicly reachable so that you can try again. Will let you know once that is done.

It seems the policy group is set to "hidden". Just requested an admin to set it to publicly reachable so that you can try again. Will let you know once that is done.

Please let us know I am considering Somerton myself and would be good to link with others

• Advertisement

Asked again today if they can make the group publicly reachable.

> Please let us know I am considering Somerton myself and would be good to link with others

If you haven't booked yet I'd suggest ask any questions here. The group as far as I know is for the group of people that booked for the phase 2 already.

Asked again today if they can make the group publicly reachable.

> Please let us know I am considering Somerton myself and would be good to link with others

If you haven't booked yet I'd suggest ask any questions here. The group as far as I know is for the group of people that booked for the phase 2 already.

Yes it's open now, have send them the request to join. thanks a million for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anusrigaurav

Hi,

how is Lucan Somerton . Heard a lot of break ins stories. Is it good for a family

Advertisement