Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

ok never isnt true but how many games were played in navan? Very few

you said never.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

it possibly was a victim of Musgrave redevelopment but shouldnt have happened. Musgrave wpuldnt have been idle. Theres still two tenant clubs and all their teams who would be using the pitch.
    Leinster shouldnt be rooted to Donnybrook. Playing A or other games in Kilkenny, Dundalk, Portlaoise etc worth far more long term to leinster than playing in Donnybrook. Novelty, 12 county province etc make it worth it

Fair enough it would get used. If we look at it from the sponsors' POV, it would be idle from the perspective of profile games being played there. If you're the II or Energia you're paying for your brand to be noticed. The two tenant clubs at Musgrave would generate a fraction of the exposure that Munster A games do.
    The CEOs do the sums and decide that the cash is more valuable than the exposure of Munster/Leinster around the province. It's a pity but a reality of the pro game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

you said never.
    how many were actually played in navan.
    Ok shouldnt have said never but 1 or 2 games isnt a defence

Fair enough it would get used. If we look at it from the sponsors' POV, it would be idle from the perspective of profile games being played there. If you're the II or Energia you're paying for your brand to be noticed. The two tenant clubs at Musgrave would generate a fraction of the exposure that Munster A games do.
    The CEOs do the sums and decide that the cash is more valuable than the exposure of Munster/Leinster around the province. It's a pity but a reality of the pro game.
    There is irish 20s and the 4 pro14 games that will get sponsors attention.
    Do crowds and interest really match up to keep everything in these venues.

There is irish 20s and the 4 pro14 games that will get sponsors attention.
    Do crowds and interest really match up to keep everything in these venues.

I've no idea but playing devil's advocate I imagine part of the contract with Energia/II is to play A games at the ground. Munster A haven't hosted games away from Musgrave since 2016/17 when they hosted games at CIT, Bandon and Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Musgrave has a phenomenal number of games per year, they gave the figure at the last MRSC AGM. I'll see if I can find my notes but it was certainly upwards of 50.

I've no idea but playing devil's advocate I imagine part of the contract with Energia/II is to play A games at the ground. Munster A haven't hosted games away from Musgrave since 2016/17 when they hosted games at CIT, Bandon and Ennis.
    probably is part of contract/naming rights but is it worth it. Bring games around province and tou can build brand in ways you cant if you keep it in the same venues you've alway played

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Diarmuid Barron 2021
    Kevin O'Byrne 2022
    Rhys Marshall 2021
    Niall Scannell 2021

Scott Buckley Year 1
    Eoghan Clarke Year 3

James Cronin 2021
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022

James French Year 3
    Josh Wycherley Year 3

Stephen Archer 2022
    Keynan Knox 2022
    John Ryan 2022
    Roman Salanoa 2022

Tadhg Beirne 2022
    Billy Holland 2021
    Jean Kleyn 2022
    RG Snyman 2022
    Fineen Wycherley 2021

Thomas Ahern Year 3
    Paddy Kelly Year 2
    Eoin O'Connor Year 2

Gavin Coombes 2021
    Chris Cloete 2022
    Tommy O'Donnell 2021
    Jack O'Donoghue 2021
    Peter O'Mahony 2021
    Jack O'Sullivan 2023
    CJ Stander 2021

Jack Daly Year 3
    John Hodnett Year 2
    Alex Kendellen Year 1

Craig Casey 2021
    Neil Cronin 2021
    Nick McCarthy 2021
    Conor Murray 2022

Joey Carbery 2022
    JJ Hanrahan 2021

Jack Crowley Year 1
    Jake Flannery Year 2
    Ben Healy Year 3

Damian de Allende 2022
    Chris Farrell 2022
    Dan Goggin 2022
    Alex McHenry 2021
    Rory Scannell 2021

Sean French Year 3

Andrew Conway 2023
    Liam Coombes 2021
    Shane Daly 2021
    Keith Earls 2021
    Matt Gallagher 2022
    Mike Haley 2021
    Calvin Nash 2021
    Darren Sweetnam 2021

Jonathan Wren Year 3

Confirmed 2020/21 NIEs:
    RG Snyman (capped), Damian de Allende (capped)

IN: Scott Buckley (HK, UCC), Roman Salanoa (PR, Leinster), RG Snyman (LK, Honda Heat), Alex Kendellen (BR, PBC), Jack Crowley (FH, Cork Constitution), Damian de Allende (CT, Panasonic Wild Knights), Matt Gallagher (FB, Saracens)
    OUT: Brian Scott (PR, Retired), Ciaran Parker (PR, Jersey Reds), Sean O'Connor (SR, Jersey Reds), Darren O'Shea (SR, TBC), Arno Botha (BR, Blue Bulls), Conor Oliver (BR, Connacht), Jack Stafford (SH, TBC), Tyler Bleyendaal (FH, Retired), Sammy Arnold (CT, Connacht), Alex Wootton (WG, Connacht), Alan Tynan (FB, TBC)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Wooton out of contract next year after his loan at Connacht...

A lot of contracts up for renewal this time next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Caranica wrote: »
    Musgrave has a phenomenal number of games per year, they gave the figure at the last MRSC AGM. I'll see if I can find my notes but it was certainly upwards of 50.

And concerts plus training sessions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Wooton out of contract next year after his loan at Connacht...

A lot of contracts up for renewal this time next year

They exact same line is rolled out every single year. People need to realise that with mainly two year contracts it means that a lot of contracts are up every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone else have issues renewing MRSC associate membership? Have got on to MRSC but just curious did anyone else have same issue. Log in to account and can't see any option to renew

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone else have issues renewing MRSC associate membership? Have got on to MRSC but just curious did anyone else have same issue. Log in to account and can't see any option to renew

I managed it yesterday but the navigation wasn’t very clear, took a bit of effort.

Any time I’ve had to get onto the staff tho, they’ve been great, so you could drop them a mail if there’s an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

big shame. It was very easy to do. Crowds always would be decent especially for A games that had one of the main stars coming back from injury.
    Especially as Munster were only province to really do it.
    Leinster never moved outside Donnybrook. Connacht from galway and Ulster from belfast

Leinster played Northampton in talaght

They exact same line is rolled out every single year. People need to realise that with mainly two year contracts it means that a lot of contracts are up every year.

It's a positive as well. With so many contracts ending you have flexibility with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Leinster played Northampton in talaght

Also played in st marys templeogue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I see Darren O'Shea has signed for Vannes in Pro D2 for 2 years

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1280085768057298944

• Registered Users Posts: 25 croker99

Are Munster releasing new gear this summer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

croker99 wrote: »
    Are Munster releasing new gear this summer?

There's due to be a new away and Euro kit. It's usually late July/early August before they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 croker99

There's due to be a new away and Euro kit. It's usually late July/early August before they're released.

And new leasure and training gear I assume...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Munster v the All Blacks is on RTE2 tonight at 11.20pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Caranica wrote: »
    Munster v the All Blacks is on RTE2 tonight at 11.20pm

is that the famous Ian Nagle game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I think the Nagle game may have been v Australia rather than the All Blacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Seen Lifestyle have slashed the prices on current Munster gear so safe to say the new kits are coming soon.

Tadhg Beirne (ankle), Keith Earls (calf), Calvin Nash (calf), John Ryan (shoulder) and Dave Kilcoyne – who sustained a calf injury during the early training weeks – are all in line to join the wider training group later this month.

Damian de Allende is continuing to rehab a groin injury and is expected to be available for the August fixtures.

Gavin Coombes has been sidelined from training with medical illness (non Covid-related).

Mike Haley sustained a calf injury in the opening weeks of training and has commenced his rehabilitation programme.

Dan Goggin requires further review for a leg injury and will undergo a scan this week.

Continuing to rehab: Joey Carbery (wrist/ankle), Damian de Allende (groin), Mike Haley (calf).

Academy duo Jack Crowley (out-half) and Josh Wycherley (prop) have joined fellow Academy men Thomas Ahern (lock), Jake Flannery (out-half/full-back), James French (prop) and Ben Healy (out-half) in training with the senior players.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/07/13/squad-update-return-to-rugby-week-four/

Hopefully Coombes returns soon. All three academy flyhalves are now training with the seniors, can we take that as a bad sign for Carbery?

Hopefully Coombes returns soon. All three academy flyhalves are now training with the seniors, can we take that as a bad sign for Carbery?

A few years ago maybe but players have started to limit the information made available through their clubs about injuries.

Is this the same injury as from pre-world cup?

A few years ago maybe but players have started to limit the information made available through their clubs about injuries.

Is this the same injury as from pre-world cup?

Nothing secretive about the nature of the injuries. Carbery suffered a wrist injury in January that put him out initially, they then also opted for surgery on the ankle injury from the RWC warmup games. The initial suggestion for a return was October I think, so I guess they need more bodies for training to see out 2019/20. Jake Flannery can play 15 as well so he can technically cover for Haley.

• Advertisement

Nothing secretive about the nature of the injuries. Carbery suffered a wrist injury in January that put him out initially, they then also opted for surgery on the ankle injury from the RWC warmup games. The initial suggestion for a return was October I think, so I guess they need more bodies for training to see out 2019/20. Jake Flannery can play 15 as well so he can technically cover for Haley.

If he's not due back until October than I wouldn't be overly concerned. I wonder are there generally more squad level players from France / England floating around now due to Covid.

Advertisement