Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yeah, any injury update on Carbery is to be approached with caution.

He picked up an injury in January that was supposed to keep him out for 3-4 months. Now it's going to end up being 8 months. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that pushed back again.

Healy and Flannery being mentioned as training with the seniors would suggest he's not being rushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Bindo leaning heavy on Cronin case again today getting mentions in every article. Sad.

theboss80 wrote: »
    Bindo leaning heavy on Cronin case again today getting mentions in every article. Sad.

Ian Flanagan addressed it in a briefing yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Ian Flanagan addressed it in a briefing yesterday.

Correct but go have a quick glance at the headlines on the Indo web page today and then see how each of them are turned into a Cronin case jibe. I'm not expecting any better from same journo but its like Grobler all over again.... every article :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

theboss80 wrote: »
    Correct but go have a quick glance at the headlines on the Indo web page today and then see how each of them are turned into a Cronin case jibe. I'm not expecting any better from same journo but its like Grobler all over again.... every article :rolleyes:

Paper never refuses ink and there's very little live rugby on to write about. Think it would have probably happened either way but maybe more noticeable when there's not much else to focus on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Tyler Bleyendaal was on RTE's game on 2fm this evening. The big thing to take out of this interview is that he's definitely not closing the door on an possible coaching role within Munster rugby.

I hope that the province do all they can in enticing Tyler and his family in staying in Limerick and be part of Jvg's coaching ticket once rugby returns. He is a very intelligent guy and had enough rugby IQ as a player to excel as a coach. Here's hoping anyways.

Give me a break with Tyler this and Tyler that. The guy has been injured 90% of his time at Munster. He should not have been signed the first day. He was injured from day 1.Now they are talking about his amazing 'rugby brain'. Give me a break . If he was in American sports where they actually check your injury past properly he wouldnt have blocked an out half position for so long. Saying all that..at his best he was a good passer and a good kicker...terrible runner like O Gara was

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Tyler Bleyendaal was on RTE's game on 2fm this evening. The big thing to take out of this interview is that he's definitely not closing the door on an possible coaching role within Munster rugby.

I hope that the province do all they can in enticing Tyler and his family in staying in Limerick and be part of Jvg's coaching ticket once rugby returns. He is a very intelligent guy and had enough rugby IQ as a player to excel as a coach. Here's hoping anyways.

Give me a break with Tyler this and Tyler that. The guy has been injured 90% of his time at Munster. He should not have been signed the first day. He was injured from day 1.Now they are talking about his amazing 'rugby brain'. Give me a break . If he was in American sports where they actually check your injury past properly he wouldnt have blocked an out half position for so long. Saying all that..at his best he was a good passer and a good kicker...terrible runner like O Gara was

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

BloodyBill wrote: »

His first serious neck injury happened after he had signed for Munster.

Whatever about American sports and their DEFINITELY unquestionable injury record, at least the Munster heads can check basic facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

How long until Munster fans turn on Joey and his frailness?

Certainly have the homegrown options to back in his stead, especially Crowley who looked potentially special for the 20s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

How long until Munster fans turn on Joey and his frailness?

Certainly have the homegrown options to back in his stead, especially Crowley who looked potentially special for the 20s?

Depends if Joe Schmidt is given more opportunities to play him while injured I suppose.

• Advertisement

With the EPCR fixtures published, Munster will be getting at least a month off between mid-September to mid-October after the 2019/20 Pro14 finishes up. It's all setup for a big 2020/21.

With the EPCR fixtures published, Munster will be getting at least a month off between mid-September to mid-October after the 2019/20 Pro14 finishes up. It's all setup for a big 2020/21.

Hadn't thought of that. Could definitely work in our favour. Wonder could there be chance of friendly with Connacht in that time say or would it just be resting and usual training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

Impromptu three week tour of Kiwi-land facing the top 3 from SR Aotearoa is a pipe dream I’ve been having for during that break. Kiwis keep the gate and pay travel expenses. Munster keep the broadcast money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Eod100 wrote: »
    Hadn't thought of that. Could definitely work in our favour. Wonder could there be chance of friendly with Connacht in that time say or would it just be resting and usual training.

There's normally 2 pre-season friendlies, but this is obviously atypical. I'd imagine there'll be enough congestion in the 20/21 season to justify the break. Tho if crowds of ~5k are allowed socially distantly, it might be an opportunity to get some extra cash in.

They'll probably run an A interpro or two to give academy and squad players pitchtime. It's a pity that the naming rights of Musgrave seemed to kill off Munster moving around the province.

aloooof wrote: »
    There's normally 2 pre-season friendlies, but this is obviously atypical. I'd imagine there'll be enough congestion in the 20/21 season to justify the break. Tho if crowds of ~5k are allowed socially distantly, it might be an opportunity to get some extra cash in.

Yeah true, it's a weird time in that it's kinda around start of next season but it's really end of this one. Was more thinking just to get players playing a game in that time but if it allowed crowds and cash in even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

aloooof wrote: »

Had flights and accommodation booked for the Exeter pre season game mid September. I'm guessing that's a write off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I thought pro14 restarted on first weekend in october?

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I thought pro14 restarted on first weekend in october?

How can it? EPCR is on.

How can it? EPCR is on.

Only the final is on in October.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

How can it? EPCR is on.

Nope. Semi finals 25/26/27 Sep. Pro 14 starts weekend of Oct 3rd. Final on Oct 17th.

Ah feck I stand corrected.

Ah feck I stand corrected.

Think you mixed up the previous idea of playing the QF SF and Final in October with the new plan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Associate Membership opens on Monday

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1276499096422014977

Since the Covid-19 I had it in the back of my head that the Snyman and DDA contracts would get cancelled somehow so this brings a smile to my face

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1276510246379425793

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Since the Covid-19 I had it in the back of my head that the Snyman and DDA contracts would get cancelled somehow so this brings a smile to my face

Their contracts are being privately topped up/funded. Flanagan basically confirmed this during his media briefing earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

They'll probably run an A interpro or two to give academy and squad players pitchtime. It's a pity that the naming rights of Musgrave seemed to kill off Munster moving around the province.
    big shame. It was very easy to do. Crowds always would be decent especially for A games that had one of the main stars coming back from injury.
    Especially as Munster were only province to really do it.
    Leinster never moved outside Donnybrook. Connacht from galway and Ulster from belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

big shame. It was very easy to do. Crowds always would be decent especially for A games that had one of the main stars coming back from injury.
    Leinster never moved outside Donnybrook. Connacht from galway and Ulster from belfast

false, A games were played in Navan

It was always a likely victim of the Musgrave redevelopment and the naming rights. There's not much point upgrading a secondary ground and then leaving it idle. While some of the exported games were still in Cork and Limerick (Dooradoyle or Temple Hill for example), it was still a novelty.

Leinster will be rooted to Donnybrook/Energia Park as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

false, A games were played in Navan
    ok never isnt true but how many games were played in navan? Very few
    It was always a likely victim of the Musgrave redevelopment and the naming rights. There's not much point upgrading a secondary ground and then leaving it idle. While some of the exported games were still in Cork and Limerick (Dooradoyle or Temple Hill for example), it was still a novelty.

Leinster will be rooted to Donnybrook/Energia Park as well.
    it possibly was a victim of Musgrave redevelopment but shouldnt have happened. Musgrave wpuldnt have been idle. Theres still two tenant clubs and all their teams who would be using the pitch.
    Leinster shouldnt be rooted to Donnybrook. Playing A or other games in Kilkenny, Dundalk, Portlaoise etc worth far more long term to leinster than playing in Donnybrook. Novelty, 12 county province etc make it worth it

Advertisement