Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

WoWS does a lot of things better whan WoT, skills can completely reshape a ship, the game just rewards players better overall.

There have been some good steps in WoT, like the blueprints, but I worry for the future. They've been paralysed for years with fear about touching core mechanics, but now the messy suggested HP buffs/prem ammo nerf and the HE about face look like a needless and heavy handed interference instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Interslice wrote: »
    Anyone here still playing regularly? I stopped for over a year but am back in it the game the last 6 months.
    Stopped right before the Swedish tank line came out (with every tier X available through the tech tree in my garage) but recently started up very casually again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I play for a while then get frustrated. I'm not a great player, never will be. I don't have time to play regularly, so team games aren't really an option.

The MM is still the main issue in random battles. Too often you get very lobsided teams. You should play with similar skilled Players. They ignore all reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I used to play mostly light tanks but have found myself now just playing tds which I used to hate. Game has changed so much. Started down the wheeled French lights. I have all the other tier 9 lights but don't play them much. Obj. 430 or the leopard pta do a better job than all of them now I find.

Wheeled tanks. I can hit them with a 128 shell and do no damage. While they can take out anything regardless of armour. I don't see what they add tbh.

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    Wheeled tanks. I can hit them with a 128 shell and do no damage. While they can take out anything regardless of armour. I don't see what they add tbh.

Little bast@rds. They need to make it so you can pen the wheels. I imagine they will once they've milked the gold from everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2020-regs/

Free tank this Friday, the AMR 35, a tier 2 French premium light.

And if you're playing regularly this month, don't forget tankrewards.eu, where you can get the US Scorpion at tier 7 for free.

Santa 3 skill commander if you login today.

I've no idea what that means. I've not really been following what's going on.

• Advertisement

I've no idea what that means. I've not really been following what's going on.

He comes with the first two skills for free, and the third advances as if it's the very first.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/be-safe-2020/

There's two free weeks of premium for all WoT players on there.

I tried this earlier worked.

Though I won't get on the desktop to try the actual game till after the kids go to bed.

They're sending out anniversary emails, and a lot of us have join dates from launch in April 2011. It's worth sitting through the battle report is shows, as it gives decent rewards. In my case it was a Progetto 46 and three days of premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

not got one yet.

not got one yet.

Mine's two days early, but given the amount at this timeframe, it makes sense to stagger them.

I didnt start till after that. I got the T50-2 last time.

I didnt start till after that. I got the T50-2 last time.

This is the anniversary of your account, rather than the general veterancy reward. The email links to a battle report which shows your most used tank driving past personal stats.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

My join date was January 2012.
    Might not get it.
    Is there popup/button to watch the report or is it automatic?

Tenger wrote: »
    My join date was January 2012.
    Might not get it.
    Is there popup/button to watch the report or is it automatic?

There's an email entitled "A gift for you".

Turns out the Progetto is just a rental, the messaging on this is very misleading.

• Advertisement

Oh I got that rental months back. I didn't play it much as I have no trained crews or equipment on the Italian line.

Log in from August 17th to get 6 free previous premiums, and one new free premium:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/anniversary-act-V-event/

And missions to earn an 8th premium, the A46 light tank.

You still paying this? I rage quit again last week.

I've mostly quit at this point. The incompetence and obliviousness that lead to the collectors tanks drivel was the final straw.

I still play the Frontlines and Steel Hunters specials, but I haven't bothered with a random match in months.

The whole equipment changes I can't be bothered to learn.

I stopped bothering with new tanks a long time ago.

I still don't get the game mechanics. Some games just seem to set up to win or lose regardless of what you do.

Things like armor or vision just stop working, so you get hammered and nothing you can do about it.
    I can have my crew maxed out, 6 or 7 skills, full vision. Yet a O-Ni or such can just suddenly appear 50m away, in fact half the enemy team can just randomly appear.

I only really played it because the games were fast, and it worked on my older hardware.

I have played about 3-4 games all year. Got fed up with it about 12 months ago. Ended up trying WoWs just before Xmas but haven’t touched either since April.

I loved WoT over the years for the ability to log in and quickly play 2-3 games When I had a bit of spare time.
    Or if I had the opportunity to play for 3-4 hours going for the daily double on all my tanks. There was a sense of getting somewhere on the grind. Then a handful of mad**** games in my Pz 1.c or E-25 for fun.
    I wasn’t a great player but I could help the team when required.

But over the last 2 years or so the sense of power creep ingame and my refusal to buy premiums just soured the experience for me. I can’t quite recall but I think there were map changes and/or new maps at the same time that I just couldn’t be bothered to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Garzard

First got into it this time five years ago - would nearly play it most days back then but now been about two since I last did. Fond memories of the low tiered matches where everything was fun and fair but whatever happened, all that just vanished higher up. Eventually realised it was more frustration than what it was worth - got disillusioned with the game mechanics, arty, premium ammo and definitely felt like each game was rigged from the start.

Started playing WoWs instead soon after I quit WoT. Does have its frustrating moments as well, but feels much fairer overall in many ways. For example, you nearly always have a chance of escaping when cornered, or at least inflicting decent revenge on the enemy before you're sunk.

Also, WoWs regularly showers you with rewards, crates and bonuses, even when you've been off it months. WoT is extremely stingy in comparison.

I started in May 2011, it was a game I could play on a laptop when I was away from home. Fell out of love with it by 2013 I'd say, any time I tried dip my toe back in since then it's just been a confirmation that all the issues i'd had with the game had been getting worse.

Shame

:(

I logged in yesterday to claim the 7 free garage slots and play 4-5 games.

Jesus it's gone very confusing.
    Equipment load outs and effects has been changed, there are now "bonds" (guessing similar to coal/steelin Wows) and 2 new game modes. I was familiar with Stronghold.

I need an "idiots guide" to the new stuff.

The interface is not very user friendly. And this is a player who started in 2012. As above, I used to play daily from 2014-2017.

However the Pz II.C is still great fun at low tier......

• Advertisement

I've no idea how it all works any more

I know that as soon as I do the daily missions, if the final one is win a game for example I'll struggle to win a game for the rest of the evening. I could have won every game up to that point.

Something very weird in how rng and the matchmaker works. I've always thought this, and after years playing the game I haven't changed my mind.

Advertisement