Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

I haven't played this since early 2013. I reinstalled it the other day and found it incredibly confusing and obtuse.

Should I just leave good memories alone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What was confusing or obtuse?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Maybe the massive increase in nations and tech trees was a bit of a shock?
    All the extra info on the garage screen regarding missions and achievements was hard to understand?

The tactical UI is basically the same. (as far as I can recall anyway)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The missions is definitely confusing and obtuse to everyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's been almost 5 years since I last posted about WoT but I thought I'd mention that there's a new battle mode available, Frontline, which IMHO is what I always imagined WoT to be. Each rounds lasts about 25 minutes; Teams of 30; Tier 8 only; Once you die you can respawn with a different Tier 8 tank.

Well worth checking out for those that like me had given up playing. :)

• Advertisement

For now it's just a 4 week experiment, but it seems well received.

Spear wrote: »
    For now it's just a 4 week experiment, but it seems well received.
    Yes. I'm hoping that they see a lot more activity and work out a way for this to become a permanent feature, perhaps with a new map every so often to keep it fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The 1.0 killed it on my low end machine. Even with low graphics its a lag fest now for me.

Ponster wrote: »
    Yes. I'm hoping that they see a lot more activity and work out a way for this to become a permanent feature, perhaps with a new map every so often to keep it fresh.

There's some rough edges, I've seen badly broken tank markers for example, and the attacker balance seems off. But the core seems to work, and it proves larger maps can work.
    beauf wrote: »
    The 1.0 killed it on my low end machine. Even with low graphics its a lag fest now for me.

How weak is the machine?

i3 3-2100 (3.1Ghz) , Radeon hd 7750 and 4GB & SSD. The main issue is graphics card I assume. It was build to play Minecraft, I just sneak on and use it for WOT. But it all needs replacing.
    Needs a new machine tbh, 1050, 8GB, QuadCore etc. I get to play in a Dell Gaming Laptop now and then and that is smooth as butter. Makes a huge difference to how you can play, aim, and control the game.

Gaming is a very low to priority for me though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that video card is really weak. You could get a lot more life out of that machine with even a GTX 1030 for about €70 and a few more gigs of RAM. A 1050 might be a little wasted.

The machine has a 230-280 PSU I think. So the lower end 1050 doesn't need much power as far as I know. A 1030 might be enough. Its not a heavily used machine.

A 1030 only draws 30W under load, compared to the 90 to 100W of the 7750.

7750 had a max power draw of 55w and was usually thermal throttled before hitting it.

A 1030 should be plenty powerful, with an i3-2100 you're going to be CPU-limited long before you'll be GPU limited on anything modern.

I have a rental code for an LT-432 for 25 battles, if anyone wants to try one out.

Interest really died off here didn't it.

I am a terrible player no doubt. But I do terrible in my T8 premiums, make loads of credits but terrible winrate. I've kinda stopped playing them unless I need credits. I even sold one.
    Every game T9/10 just out spots you, and they spam Gold, even at T8's with no armour.

That said I make almost the same credits in my Tiger I with a much better winrate. Same with the T44 aswell.
    I have the Tiger II but thats hopeless in the current meta. I stopped playing that also.

So there would be no point in me trying a LT-432.

The games active userbase has plateaued. It hasn't been helped by the glacially slow rate of anything being done by WG, and their longterm refusal or inability to address long-standing issues. Frontlines mode is nice, and tier 8 grand battles helps a little, but this stuff is three years too late.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Yeah. I find I enjoy it most at tier 5-7.
    This time last year I played most days, sometines for a 3 hour session.
    Now its maybe 4-5 matches at a time twice a week. Part of that is the grind, Im at tier 8 on most lines and my casual skill level makes it a hard slog.

I get most fun thes days with Tier III-V though I have a Tier VIII Jagdpanther that I just love spinning around in.

• Advertisement

I think that most of us here should be entitled to the 6+ year offer.

I dunno how long I've been playing.

Recently decided to get the T7 Panther. People say it's dire. But I was doing ok with it once it's upgraded.

There's a few oddities in how the age is calculated, so one of the WG staff put up this table:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/691386-a-well-deserved-reward/page__st__620__pid__16379699#entry16379699

Account created: 16/05/2011

Missed Beta by a month!

03 Oct 2010 for me :)

Every match on Wednesday will be like bumper cars with these running around though. Except for the angry newbies and re-rolls.

WG said this is to be a permanent thing, so in a years time there'll be a new veteran reward, and hence why this giveaway lasts till December 2019.

And we're getting the MKA tank for Christmas.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/693411-restrict-gold-ammo/page__pid__16449447#entry16449447

Kowing WG I suspect they'll still get it wrong, but at least there's a possibility of nsomething good finally happening.

• Advertisement

Did you see QB latest videos where he shows the fall in player numbers and the introduction of bots to pad out the teams.

They should change the mm so you only play against players of similar WR. Afk players should be replaced with bots after 5 mins.

+2 matchmaking ruins the game.

Advertisement