Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Spear wrote: »
    Oh, SEA. No idea then, but the rest are done, so it can't be far off.

More time to do the Foch 155 grind if you're in a masochist mood....

I'll be honest I hardly play any more and I can't stand turretless TDs anyway. I just drop in from time to time for a few quick matches here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The new Chinese heavy tank makes a nice excuse/reason to play the WZ 111 1-4 again.

Well looks like I won't be playing. Undersea cable to Asia has been cut which means traffic is rerouted causing a ping of 350ish. Tentative fix time mid October.... Oh well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well looks like I won't be playing. Undersea cable to Asia has been cut which means traffic is rerouted causing a ping of 350ish. Tentative fix time mid October.... Oh well.

Cable cuts are a common occurence. Even though they're armoured, tidal forces will abrade them over rocks, sharks will chew on them, and idiots with boats will drag anchors. It's not so bad around Europe, since there's usual a fair bit of redundancy. But if it's out in a major ocean it'll need a properly equipped boat to be sent out, hence the long repair time.

Cable cuts are a common occurence. Even though they're armoured, tidal forces will abrade them over rocks, sharks will chew on them, and idiots with boats will drag anchors. It's not so bad around Europe, since there's usual a fair bit of redundancy. But if it's out in a major ocean it'll need a properly equipped boat to be sent out, hence the long repair time.

Yeah the important cable for WoT is the one from Perth to Singapore as it gives the most direct route from Aus and a ping of circa 130. That tends to get cut at least once a year. The alternative cable sends traffic the long way around and results in pings like I said of 350+ We appear to be doubly screwed at the moment as cabling from Syd to HK has also been cut due to typhoons. Australia is such a ****ty place to live from an internet perspective :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For anyone grinding the British heavy line, you've about 4 weeks to get your FV215b left:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/12/wot-9-20-1-fv215b-swap-details/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

For anyone grinding the British heavy line, you've about 4 weeks to get your FV215b left:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/12/wot-9-20-1-fv215b-swap-details/

Great, I never got the hang of the fv215b. But like the conqueror so hopefully this will bet a better version!

I didn't know they were doing that, I haven't even started the British heavy line. Although, the only British line I've started and then completed is the medium line to claim a free FV4202 but then they made it a marathon reward so I never got it anyway.

With 4 weeks, I wouldn't think it practical to try the grind now.

But this has been suspected to be the case for a few months now, but only just got officially confirmed to be the case.

So the T71 is being split into two lines on the tech tree in the next patch.

T71 gets renamed "T71 DA" and will lead to T57 Heavy.

"T71 CMCD" is being introduced with no magazine loading system and will lead to the Sheridan.

From the WG site: "Please keep in mind that the XP you earned on the T71 DA gets transferred to the T71 CMCD with the release of 9.20.1. Also, there’ll be no transition from the T71 CMCD to the T69 in the Tech Tree, just as there’ll be no way to reach the M41 Bulldog from the T71 DA."

Just a heads up to anyone currently playing the T71. I have 150k exp sitting on the T71 because I wasn't sure whether to research the Bulldog or T69. So it looks like I'll be researching the T69 now.

• Advertisement

It's not so much the T71 is being split, it's that there was two different tanks, both called T71 from Detroit Arsenal and Cadillac. WG botched this before in their research when the first released T71 had the turret of one and the hull of the other.

It's the FV215b 183 replacement that's a bit more unexpected. 0.9.21 will be the third patch in a row where I'll receive a free tier 10.

It's the FV215b 183 replacement that's a bit more unexpected. 0.9.21 will be the third patch in a row where I'll receive a free tier 10.

I read something about that on the forums but it's not explained very well. Wargaming doesn't even mention it on it's website, just about the changes to the other British TD line.

It's early yet, but they've shown parts of the early models for it.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/14/fv-217-possible-fv215b-183-replacement/

At least it's a real project and made it to the wooden mock upstage, just as the 215b 183 did.

But this would only happen around Christmas time, so no rush yet for those who intend to grind for it.

Okay, that makes more sense. Some talk on the forums was saying it was happening in the next patch.

The next patch is just the FV215b swap for Super Conq. The patch after that would be the next window, so that would just prior to Christmas.

Annoyingly it seems there's two names floating about for the new TD, FV205 and FV217 have both been floated. Both were real TD projects on the Conq hull, both listed as medium AT capability, but only the 217 was explicitly referred to as having a 120mm gun. WG may aim for a rapid firing 120mm, in line with the Tortoise, which would give them the consistency they're aiming for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The next patch is just the FV215b swap for Super Conq. The patch after that would be the next window, so that would just prior to Christmas.

Annoyingly it seems there's two names floating about for the new TD, FV205 and FV217 have both been floated. Both were real TD projects on the Conq hull, both listed as medium AT capability, but only the 217 was explicitly referred to as having a 120mm gun. WG may aim for a rapid firing 120mm, in line with the Tortoise, which would give them the consistency they're aiming for.

It is the 205.

It is the 205.

The super testers already leaked the lot.

It seems decent, and a far more logical successor to the Tortoise. I've tended to dislike the tier 10 TDs, with them often being lumbering or just frustrating, when big but slow loading guns miss.

The new supertest has it as FV217 Badger.

Aenaes wrote: »
    So the T71 is being split into two lines on the tech tree in the next patch.

T71 gets renamed "T71 DA" and will lead to T57 Heavy.

"T71 CMCD" is being introduced with no magazine loading system and will lead to the Sheridan.

From the WG site: "Please keep in mind that the XP you earned on the T71 DA gets transferred to the T71 CMCD with the release of 9.20.1. Also, there’ll be no transition from the T71 CMCD to the T69 in the Tech Tree, just as there’ll be no way to reach the M41 Bulldog from the T71 DA."

Just a heads up to anyone currently playing the T71. I have 150k exp sitting on the T71 because I wasn't sure whether to research the Bulldog or T69. So it looks like I'll be researching the T69 now.
    #
    So that was all bull**** then? I researched the T69 yesterday before the patch came out and had 40k exp left on the T71. Launch the game today to find I still have 40k exp still on the T71 DA which is useless to me.

Does anyone from the last ranked battles know how u get badges? I got to rank 1700 something in league 1. But got no badge this time thought I would get something..... already bought an enhanced rammer for my Lowe.

• Advertisement

Next patch is looking to be Wednesday December 13th, so get your deathstar now if you're getting one.

Free T-29 premium tier 3 Russian medium if you log in over the next 4 weeks and open the crate:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2018-guide/

not sure if still valid but there was a code going about T4NKYOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Last I thought there might be a free kv2 but I don't think there was...

beauf wrote: »
    Last I thought there might be a free kv2 but I don't think there was...

There kinda is. One of the tree decorating bonuses is an almost free regular tier 6, with a coupon for 80% off one.

So WoT is hitting 1.0 in March 2018. Which is almost as notable for blatant abuse of version numbering as much as the long overdue replacement graphic engine is.

You can test the new engine with a stand lone demo version called EnCore:

http://wotencore.net

It's a 1.2gb download.

Anyone drop cash on the lootboxs. I've avoided it as I hate said lootboxes but seeing loads of people getting premiums tanks including the type 59 is making me a bit sad.

I like the new engine. It runs ultra around the 70-80 fps mark. Will be interesting to see how it goes with multiple tanks although I couldn't see a way to tweak different gfx settings so I imagine I'll be able to get that up a fair bit once it goes live. I did lol a bit regarding the entire version 1.

I went for the 75 box package in WoT. Got:

Lorraine 40t
    Type 59
    Ac-1 Sentinel
    about 55k gold.
    3.5m silver.

Despite the trigger happy response to lootboxes, in the case of Wargaming, they do provide excellent value. And I don't know if that's even worse given that it makes it easier, if not even logical, to spend more on them.

I went for the 75 box package in WoT. Got:

Lorraine 40t
    Type 59
    Ac-1 Sentinel
    about 55k gold.
    3.5m silver.

Despite the trigger happy response to lootboxes, in the case of Wargaming, they do provide excellent value. And I don't know if that's even worse given that it makes it easier, if not even logical, to spend more on them.

sigh..... I'm tempted to go for a small number of boxes. I'm assuming the style of box makes no difference?

• Advertisement

sigh..... I'm tempted to go for a small number of boxes. I'm assuming the style of box makes no difference?

The style gives decorations of that style, it doesn't affect the tanks given (if any).

Advertisement