Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,644 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Four teens charged over 'homophobic attack' against women on London bus

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-four-teenage-boys-charged-18777562
    The boys, aged between 15 and 17, cannot be named for legal reasons - they have been charged with an aggravated hate crime, according to Met Police

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

‘Aggravated hate crime’.

But sure some of the experts in here claimed the boys weren’t even being questioned on those suspicions.

Faugheen wrote: »
    ‘Aggravated hate crime’.

But sure some of the experts in here claimed the boys weren’t even being questioned on those suspicions.

I'm sure they will be along shortly to tell us how the CPS are wrong.

I wonder which one will be 1st to mention/whinge that their ethnicity hasn't been mentioned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I'm sure they will be along shortly to tell us how the CPS are wrong.

I wonder which one will be 1st to mention/whinge that their ethnicity hasn't been mentioned?

they often are so whats your point?

paw patrol wrote: »
    they often are so whats your point?

Do you think they are wrong in this instance?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Four teens charged over 'homophobic attack' against women on London bus

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-four-teenage-boys-charged-18777562
    Very young . London is a Mess with Youth Crime . Stopping ; Stop and Search has been a disaster !:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure if this is real as she mentions an Alan Partridge line but police say they are investigating.

https://twitter.com/YusufJP_/status/1155205178066382851

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

RasTa wrote: »
    Not sure if this is real as she mentions an Alan Partridge line but police say they are investigating.

London is the most homophobic part of Britain.

That will continue to escalate.

Nor will it be challenged, that would be inconvenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Danzy wrote: »
    London is the most homophobic part of Britain.

That will continue to escalate.

Nor will it be challenged, that would be inconvenient.

Nonsense. Progressives on here have told me for ages that Muslim's love the gays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Nonsense. Progressives on here have told me for ages that Muslim's love the gays.

Meanwhile the story this thread related to has nothing to do with Muslims.. It's just ordinary bigots

• Advertisement

A large % of Muslims are Homophobic . The most Homophobic places in Britain are places with high Muslim Populations

At least the Lady doesn’t hide her beliefs .

blinding wrote: »
    A large % of Muslims are Homophobic.

I'd like a source for this please.

Douglas Murray ( a damn fine fellow he is )

A Gay Man himself .

You’ll get him on youtube .

A great brain , communicator , respected author .

Watch some of his videos . They will be very educational for you .

Douglas Murray ( a damn fine fellow he is )

A Gay Man himself .

You’ll get him on youtube .

A great brain , communicator , respected author .

Watch some of his videos . They will be very educational for you .

No no, not some conspiracist with an agenda.

I want cold hard facts that the majority of Muslims are homophobic rather than someone spouting their opinion.

Have you got any evidence?

No no, not some conspiracist with an agenda.

I want cold hard facts that the majority of Muslims are homophobic rather than someone spouting their opinion.

Have you got any evidence?
    How dare you .

Douglas Murray is a respected Author , Communicator and Debator .

He research's his work to the highest level .

You’ll get him on youtube . It’ll be good for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

From a 2015 channel 4 survey (https://www.channel4.com/press/news/c4-survey-and-documentary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think):
    52% do not believe that homosexuality should be legal in Britain

Q: To what extent you agree or disagree with each one: homosexuality should be legal in Britain?

Net agree 18% (strongly agree 8%, tend to agree 10%)

Net disagree: 52% (strongly disagree: 38%, tend to disagree: 14%)

47% do not believe that it is acceptable for a school teacher to be homosexual

Q: To what extent do you agree or disagree that it is acceptable for a homosexual person to be a teacher in a school?

Net disagree: 47% (strongly disagree: 35%, tend to disagree: 12%)

only 18% of muslims surveyed agreed with it being legal , some stated nothing and 52% straight up disagree with it being legal.

So tolerant...

How dare you .

Douglas Murray is a respected Author , Communicator and Debator .

He research his work to the highest level .

You’ll get him on youtube . It’ll be good for you .
    Or you can get me the facts instead of pointing me to someone who is anti-immigrants and anti-Islam, in other words someone with an agenda.

I'll have those figures when you're ready.

From a 2015 channel 4 survey (https://www.channel4.com/press/news/c4-survey-and-documentary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think):

only 18% of muslims surveyed agreed with it being legal , some stated nothing and 52% straight up disagree with it being legal.

So tolerant...
    Muslims are more Homophobic than other People .

Are we in some sort of post truth phase . Where the Truth cannot be spoken / written .

So tolerant...

A sample of 'British Muslims' isn't 'all Muslims' which is what was claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Muslims are more Homophobic than other People .

Are we in some sort of post truth phase . Where the Truth cannot be spoken / written .

We are in a thread that has no idea of the background of the accussed however.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I'll have those figures when you're ready.

Now what?

How big of a sample size of muslims do we need before you'll accept it ?

How big of a sample size of muslims do we need before you'll accept it ?

A lot more than 1000 Muslims in one country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,123 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A lot more than 1000 Muslims in one country

Lol, that is some Jesuit Order level stuff Faugheen.

You'd have made a cardinal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Are you living under a rock? Not seen the groups of Muslim parents who are harassing the headteacher of a school in Birmingham for including some stuff about LGBT relationships on the syllabus?

Danzy wrote: »
    Lol, that is some Jesuit Order level stuff Faugheen.

You'd have made a cardinal.

So you think 1000 British Muslims is a fair reflection of the 1.8bn around the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

That’s how surveys work. It’s not a census.

But I would give good money to see that census. ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,497 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is a thread about homophobic attacks, not Muslims, Now cease that avenue of discussion

Any questions, PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

In fairness we don’t know if that person was a muslim or who they are .

It could be anyone in there .:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,497 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just deleted a number of posts which contravene my prior warning. Anyone else raising the topic of Muslims in this thread will face a card or ban and will also be banned from posting in this thread again

Beasty wrote: »
    I've just deleted a number of posts which contravene my prior warning. Anyone else raising the topic of Muslims in this thread will face a card or ban and will also be banned from posting in this thread again

Just to ask if/when its revealed that the perpetrators were muslims is it valid to discuss again or is it off the table regardless ?

Just to ask if/when its revealed that the perpetrators were muslims is it valid to discuss again or is it off the table regardless ?
    Do not post in this thread again

Next time you will be banned from the forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just as suspected, Chris threw the first punch ..

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200096159097933829

She's lucky, what with London's propensity for knife crime, her life didn't end that night.

These lads were utter scum, there's no question about that but the only message that should be taken from all this is that if you're female (or indeed outnumbered young males) on a night out and scumbags start harassing you, throwing coins (and/or being aggressively sexual suggestive towards you - as was the case here) get the fcuk away from them as quickly as your legs can carry you!

This footage should be an advert for what NOT to do in a similar situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Looks like the guy was defending himself the only attacker there is the blonde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

They were charged with harassment. Which occured before the assualt. Can't well say they were harassing in self defense before anyone was attacked?

I also missed the self defense lesson that involved stealing a handbag?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200096159097933829

She's lucky, what with London's propensity for knife crime, her life didn't end that night.

These lads were utter scum, there's no question about that but the only message that should be taken from all this is that if you're female (or indeed outnumbered young males) on a night out and scumbags start harassing you, throwing coins (and/or being aggressively sexual suggestive towards you - as was the case here) get the fcuk away from them as quickly as your legs can carry you!

That link doesn't work for me.

Edit: works now.

Didn't she punch him in the chops for stealing her bag?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m assuming Chris is the blonde woman? (Weird to use a first name like that. Do you know these people?) As she hasn’t been charged with anything, it must be deemed to have been self-defense. So who cares if she threw the first punch? If somebody is defending themselves, they often will. So what’s your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I’m assuming Chris is the blonde woman? (Weird to use a first name like that. Do you know these people?) As she hasn’t been charged with anything, it must be deemed to have been self-defense. So who cares if she threw the first punch? If somebody is defending themselves, they often will. So what’s your point?

Referring to ppl by their name is a common practice in western societies even when you don't know them personally. In formal situations one might use the persons surname preceded by Mr/Ms but this is commonly dispensed with when the subject isn't present and obviously in cases where the surname is not known. It's unclear exactly how long this has been the case but some historians think it dates as far back to when names were invented, whenever that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

AllForIt wrote: »
    Referring to ppl by their name is a common practice in western societies even when you don't know them personally. In formal situations one might use the persons surname preceded by Mr/Ms but this is commonly dispensed with when the subject isn't present and obviously in cases where the surname is not known. It's unclear exactly how long this has been the case but some historians think it dates as far back to when names were invented, whenever that was.

Thick layers of sarcasm there but it is weird in certain situations to not say the full name or surname. Just using the first name there struck me as odd and, well, I’m also a person who speaks English and that’s my impression. Generally if you don’t know a person, you’ll use their full name or surname. Anything else seems curiously overfamiliar.

Edit: And most people won’t remember the names of the people involved seeing as it’s a while ago now. So to be like “See, I told you First Name threw the first punch!” will mean little to anybody and is just a bit overly invested.

Advertisement