Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-buckets/halfords-long-reach-extending-car-brush

I bought this today, I have one already but the head constantly spins.....anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

I have one of them. I use it for washing the roof of the lean-to. I'd never leave it near the car/motorhome.

My weapon of choice is a Microfibre Madness Incredipole. It's well worth it. https://www.microfibermadness.de/en/product/incredipole

inbcredipole-.png?itok=tYOwG113

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ian, what's that like for washing cars?

Ian, what's that like for washing cars?

For the roof and large flat panels, easy out to use. Makes doing them a breeze. For more awkward places and panels that are not really flat (wings, bumpers, around door mirrors etc) it's a bit annoying to use as its hard to get it around wing mirrors, grills, etc.

The handle does collapse down very well in that it's three sections and makes close work easier. The mitt comes off so that it can be rinsed out but it can take a day or two to dry out.

Edit. I use it mainly for motorhome roofs and the top of side panels. I don't use it on cars as the old mitt & arm is just as quick

Their site says that the pole mitt is washing machine and dryer safe so there's no need to let it dry for 2 days.

I have the Meguiars version of this which is a lambswool mitt on a telescopic pole. Haven't used it in a long time though.

Their site says that the pole mitt is washing machine and dryer safe so there's no need to let it dry for 2 days.

I have the Meguiars version of this which is a lambswool mitt on a telescopic pole. Haven't used it in a long time though.

I'd use the dryer but it broke years ago and I haven't replaced it yet. Thankfully I've a lean-to that has a clothes line in it.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Picked up a bottle of CarPro Trix last week from the lads at Reflect Autocare..had it in the boot and seems to have spilled. EVERYWHERE. Don't think the lid was sealed properly.

Anyways, now the car smells like a chemical factory, my lungs are probably dissolving and I likely have to go and buy another bottle of the fecking stuff.

Any idea on how to de-smell the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Shlippery wrote: »
    Picked up a bottle of CarPro Trix last week from the lads at Reflect Autocare..had it in the boot and seems to have spilled. EVERYWHERE. Don't think the lid was sealed properly.

Anyways, now the car smells like a chemical factory, my lungs are probably dissolving and I likely have to go and buy another bottle of the fecking stuff.

Any idea on how to de-smell the car?

Remove rear carpet in boot, jet wash it....

Is the boot all shlippery now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

In your opinion, whats the best QD you have used? Preferably one that offers some level protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've been using Sonax BSD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I've been using Sonax BSD

I used the above as well, Pretty good gloss and beading from it,
    If you are looking for some built in protection I would probably suggest something like Carpro Reload or Gtehniq C2V3

Where do I get Sonax?

I did have a bottle of Carpro Reload. Loved it. Filthy habit of mine to always try new things when the answer is right in front of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Can normally get it in euro car parts for less than a tenner if theres an online sale

Cheers will have a look.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Cheers will have a look.

They have a weekend sale on at the moment
    https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/sonax?page=2

I also got some cockpit cleaner which I find very good.

Use code : weekend37 for discount.
    I added both to the cart and put in the code,
    Normal price is £25.62
    Less disc:£9.48
    Total = £16.14

BUT

At times I do a search on https://www.carparts4less.co.uk
    I use the product code from eurocarparts as it seems to be tricky searching on their site for some reason
    The same 2 products come to
    £15.54
    Less disc: weekend17
    = £12.90

It pays to shop around.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

What do you guys make of the upcoming lidl cordless polisher?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/discover-diy/cordless-polisher/p31433

Bandito909 wrote: »
    What do you guys make of the upcoming lidl cordless polisher?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/discover-diy/cordless-polisher/p31433

LOL :D

LOL :D

Double LOL :D

I'm looking for some recommendations for interior dressing. My usual (50 Cal Precision Interior Dressing) is finished.

Does anybody have any other recommendations before I run to Blackpool Saturday?

ianobrien wrote: »
    I'm looking for some recommendations for interior dressing. My usual (50 Cal Precision Interior Dressing) is finished.

Does anybody have any other recommendations before I run to Blackpool Saturday?

I used Gtechniq Matte Dash which is good but the last number of times I've used the BMW plastic care stuff which I find better.

I don't know would you be able to use it on your SEAT as it's a BMW product :pac:

• Advertisement

Thanks MM. As for using a BMW product, as long as it's good I don't care. Sure I use VAG screenwash in the Fiats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Any recommendations for removing light scratches from the instrument cluster clear screen/window? Audi A6 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Any recommendations for removing light scratches from the instrument cluster clear screen/window? Audi A6 2012.

Dunno would it work in your situation but I’ve used toothpaste to remove scratches from similar surfaces. Gently buff it in with a dry cloth then wipe off with a damp cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Dunno would it work in your situation but I’ve used toothpaste to remove scratches from similar surfaces. Gently buff it in with a dry cloth then wipe off with a damp cloth.

That VAG plastic is so soft it's ridiculous. If you are doing the above test in a small area at the edge first. So easy just to make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure if this is detailing chat or not, but is it possible to get a large scuff on the windscreen buffed out/filled in?

I think previous owner must have let a wiper get down to nothing, and at one point it was metal rubbing on the screen.

There is now a long arc-shaped scuff on the windscreen....thankfully on the passenger side but I'd like to get it fixed.

Cerium oxide (CarPro Ceriglass) and a rayon pad on a polishing machine will do the job. You will need to apply a coating to the glass afterwards though as doing this will make water sheet on the glass which isn't nice. Something like Gtechniq G1 is what you'll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

Almost impossible to get out.. I had someone try to machine polish a similar scratch out of my last cars windscreen.. no joy.. he used a machine and product mentioned in previous post
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Not sure if this is detailing chat or not, but is it possible to get a large scuff on the windscreen buffed out/filled in?

I think previous owner must have let a wiper get down to nothing, and at one point it was metal rubbing on the screen.

There is now a long arc-shaped scuff on the windscreen....thankfully on the passenger side but I'd like to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi guys,
    Ordered a new Tiguan today for end of Feb 2020 delivery. Would like to get a ceramic coating applied. Dealer is in drogehda I'm north dublin.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hi guys,
    Ordered a new Tiguan today for end of Feb 2020 delivery. Would like to get a ceramic coating applied. Dealer is in drogehda I'm north dublin.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Brian at Spirit detailing

OR
    Flawless detailing in Drogheda. << Could probably do it in the dealers proir to collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

FYI 50% off products at https://www.50caldetailing.co.uk/

Their Penta Wax is excellent & I really like Precission Interior Dressing.

20% off accessories & apparel

Advertisement