Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hey guys,
    Looking for a bit of advice, getting 3 of my 4 alloys refurbished next wk, too many close contacts with curbs.
    Once that;s done, whats the best way to keep them fresh looking gloss, they are black (Focus ST-3)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey guys,
    Looking for a bit of advice, getting 3 of my 4 alloys refurbished next wk, too many close contacts with curbs.
    Once that;s done, whats the best way to keep them fresh looking gloss, they are black (Focus ST-3)

Quartz d lux would be a good option.

Ceramic coating so there are others too.

Do everything as directed and it will be looking good and protection for around 12 months.

Obviously be careful on wash method and us pH neutral product

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Quartz d lux would be a good option.

Ceramic coating so there are others too.

Do everything as directed and it will be looking good and protection for around 12 months.

Obviously be careful on wash method and us pH neutral product

Agreed,
    Carpro Dlux.
    Or KKD RevelveX is well favored as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi Guys - (someone recommended) what is your view on Angelwax H2GO? Is it worth putting something on the windscreen like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Have Soft99 Glaco on all my windows at the moment, will be going with Gtechniq G1 next time. I find it helps with visibility big time especially over spray from cars and trucks on the motorway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭doh1988

Debub wrote: »
    Hi Guys - (someone recommended) what is your view on Angelwax H2GO? Is it worth putting something on the windscreen like this?

I have never used this Angelwax product , but i have used glass coatings in the past and i think they are very beneficial. They make driving in rain a LOT easier.

I used a TAC systems coating - i did a little post on it here

https://drivedetailed.com/how-to-apply-hydrophobic-coating-to-your-cars-glass/

Other good products are the Gtechniq Glass coating (G1) , and Gyeon View Coating

H2go is the one I use and have been using with a few years,I find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

What is recommended for removing the residue from stick on alloy wheel balance weights ?

Alfie1 wrote: »
    What is recommended for removing the residue from stick on alloy wheel balance weights ?

Tar and glue remover.

Petrol or wd40 may help also.

Just don't use a Brillo pad....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

doh1988 wrote: »
    What foam are you using?

Currently using Auto Finesse Avalanche. I'm wondering now if changing the orifice in the Karscher Foam Lance will improve things.

Has anyone changed the orifice in it?

• Advertisement

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Currently using Auto Finesse Avalanche. I'm wondering now if changing the orifice in the Karscher Foam Lance will improve things.

Or get a proper foam lance :)

Lord Nikon wrote: »

That ain't no foam Lance.....

As Vectra said get a real one.

Look up eBay, Amazon or AliExpress for example.

It's the brass fittings type and gauze inside this that gives the foam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

As said above Ebay,Amazon etc you'll pick one up for less than 20 quid

Hi - my car has a heated front windscreen with elements built into the glass, does anyone know if its ok to clay it and apply something like the Gtechniq G1 etc?
    thanks

Hi - my car has a heated front windscreen with elements built into the glass, does anyone know if its ok to clay it and apply something like the Gtechniq G1 etc?
    thanks

Yes as it's inside the glass it won't be an issue.

It's the rear window heater strips that can be damaged from the inside.

Front windshield is all sandwiched in so no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Took advantage of one of the many ECP sales to order somestuff, nothing too exciting bar Turtle Wax Sealant Hyrdrophobic wax (€11) that I've been hearing so much about.

Lots of people blown away by the performance V price V longevity. Look forward to testing it out.

1 PRR.TW51799 Turtlewax Tyre & Bumper Trim Gel 500ml £6.09
    1 PRR.TW51800 Turtlewax Wax It Wet Spray Wax 500ml £9.69
    x2 552777331 Turtlewax Sealant Wax 500ml £28.98
    x2 PRR.TW52823 Turtlewax Zip Wax Car Wash & Wax - 1 Litre for the price of 500ml £5.98
    Subtotal £50.74
    Discount -£16.74
    Delivery Charges ( Republic of Ireland ) £3.95
    Total (inc VAT): £37.95

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Recently picked up a K2 and thinking of getting this and some snow foam

Any places like Halfords only seem to have the plastic Karchner own brand foam nozzle - am I right to say this brass model is better based on some of the posts on this page.

I apologise for the repetitive topic but I want to be really sure before I order and the only other model I've seen was Nilfisk compatible not Karchner.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Recently picked up a K2 and thinking of getting this and some snow foam

Any places like Halfords only seem to have the plastic Karchner own brand foam nozzle - am I right to say this brass model is better based on some of the posts on this page.

I apologise for the repetitive topic but I want to be really sure before I order and the only other model I've seen was Nilfisk compatible not Karchner.

There are all types of different adapter types for each make.

The ones that come own brand like the marcher one are really for spreading on patios etc....

They won't give you the thick foam you want and need to get the dirt lifting....

Sorry karcher.... Not marcher

Took advantage of one of the many ECP sales to order somestuff, nothing too exciting bar Turtle Wax Sealant Hyrdrophobic wax (€11) that I've been hearing so much about.

Lots of people blown away by the performance V price V longevity. Look forward to testing it out.

I heard good things about it too and bought one, yet to try it out (Turtle Wax Sealant Hyrdrophobic)

I heard good things about it too and bought one, yet to try it out (Turtle Wax Sealant Hyrdrophobic)

Let us know how it goes! Seems alot cheaper than the Meguairs alternative

• Advertisement

Used this (TW sealant hydrophobic) yesterday after the regular wash with the pressure washer and shampoo. Now this most likely is my fault as I am new to all this and I must have put in more than was required. I got streaks all over, took me a long time to polish them out and it got dark so wasn’t able to make our all the streaking. Looks ok at first glance today morning, it’s been raining most of the night - some pics here. My back on the other hand is not great this morning.

Used this (TW sealant hydrophobic) yesterday after the regular wash with the pressure washer and shampoo. Now this most likely is my fault as I am new to all this and I must have put in more than was required. I got streaks all over, took me a long time to polish them out and it got dark so wasn’t able to make our all the streaking. Looks ok at first glance today morning, it’s been raining most of the night - some pics here. My back on the other hand is not great this morning.

Some nice beading there! Seems to be a common problem with these Si02 Sealants where people put on too much and it ends up being nearly impossible to remove the stains.

A Little goes a long way with these products

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

^ Did the same last night. Washed and dried the car then applied. Went on easy, a bit draggy with the first microfiber, but quickly went slick with the second. Did the glass as well. Very impressed, great results very easy to work with, a little goes along way.

^ Did the same last night. Washed and dried the car then applied. Went on easy, a bit draggy with the first microfiber, but quickly went slick with the second. Did the glass as well. Very impressed, great results very easy to work with, a little goes along way.

I did on the wet car

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any handy way of repairing or improving the look of a cracked front Headlight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-buckets/halfords-long-reach-extending-car-brush

I bought this today, I have one already but the head constantly spins.....anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

fryup wrote: »
    any handy way of repairing or improving the look of a cracked front Headlight ?

Just replace it will let in water and discolour

Many breakers should have a replacement or likes of eBay.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-buckets/halfords-long-reach-extending-car-brush

I bought this today, I have one already but the head constantly spins.....anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

This will destroy the paint on your car....

Only thing I'd use that on is a truck trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This will destroy the paint on your car....

Only thing I'd use that on is a truck trailer.

Alternative .......with a handle

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Alternative .......with a handle

If it's microfiber then that will be an improvement.

Sponge or brush will destroy.

Advertisement