Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2018, 14:53   #4501
Bob the Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJohnston View Post
I've submitted a complaint to the Digital Editor of the Irish Times about that article. May be useless (although if I don't see a correction I'll complain to the Ombudsman next) but I can't do nothing, and I'm fed up with these kinds of small inaccuracies or lies just sliding by without comment.
There's still being no correctons/refutes/retractions on this from what I can see? Disappointing that the Irish Times coverage has become so out of touch with reality.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-11-2018, 15:15   #4502
bk

Quote:
The NTA instead offered to provide hard copies of brochures for the Dublin southwest area, and Powerpoint slides showing details about the revised network.
I attended one of these local meetings, in fairness, there most have been over 100 very high quality brochures from the NTA there, focused on the routes of my local areas. Plus slides and big map print outs on the wall.

The councillor who had organised the meeting had also previously meet with the NTA and was pretty well informed, I was pretty impressed with this councillor. I was however unimpressed by the Minister who turned up half way through.

It would have been better if someone from the NTA was there, but it would have been a hard job with the screaming lad from PBP there shouting nonsense and the hundred or so OAPs who just don't want change full stop and aren't interested in listening.
(5) thanks from:
03-11-2018, 01:44   #4503
CatInABox

Mod: Xbox, ZTest
This gave me a good laugh, the Irish Times opines on the future of Dublin.

"Official defensiveness and political cowardice, along with deep-seated inertia, have obstructed innovation in the city", which is accurate, but totally ignores their own behaviour when it comes to projects that are innovative. Their behaviour around BusConnects and Metrolink is nothing short of appalling.
03-11-2018, 20:36   #4504
Carawaystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatInABox View Post
This gave me a good laugh, the Irish Times opines on the future of Dublin.

"Official defensiveness and political cowardice, along with deep-seated inertia, have obstructed innovation in the city", which is accurate, but totally ignores their own behaviour when it comes to projects that are innovative. Their behaviour around BusConnects and Metrolink is nothing short of appalling.
See Also: their hysteria about the green line before it was built
04-11-2018, 08:23   #4505
ongarboy

Duplicate

Last edited by ongarboy; 04-11-2018 at 12:23.
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 08:31   #4506
ongarboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenjmcd View Post
First time poster to this thread and bus connects is something which is badly needed. Will it happen who knows??

However one thing that stands out for me is they promise quicker journey times. How can that be delivered on when current Dublin bus journey times are only getting worse. Some drivers can do a route in half the time of others.

For example this morning's 6.10 145 to town took 1 hour 20 minutes from bray to pearse street. Simply because of driver slowness, while others will do it in 50 minutes given the time of morning.

Nothing will improve until there is consistency
Why wouldn't you have used the DART if you're going from Bray to Pearse? Surely much quicker?
04-11-2018, 09:05   #4507
Slutmonkey57b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongarboy View Post
Why wouldn't you have used the DART if you're going from Bray to Pearse? Surely much quicker?
Depending on where you live, you could be half an hour's walk from the dart.
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 12:34   #4508
Qrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutmonkey57b View Post
Bray could do with a solid cycle scheme tbh.
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 13:16   #4509
Stephen15

Quote:
Bus Connects will improve most of Bray's connectivity with the DART but people will still complain that they are losing they're direct CC connection.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 21:59   #4510
AlekSmart

Quote:
The line still follows it's original 1834 alignment,with some Stations only being finally rendered accessible,in the 20th Century context,in the past 5 years.

The hinterland of the Dublin-Kingstown Railway has however,changed significantly in that 184 years...but let's not rush things..eh ?
05-11-2018, 08:42   #4511
haulier

The idea of maybe having a bus earlier than 0610 from Bray [ one that might get into the city to allow an 0700 work start ? ] would appear to be beyond solving. While a walk to the DART may be a solution for those in Bray - and in some cases it might be more than 30 minutes - the same problem of late arrival arises all the way along the N11 corridor, most with no access to Dart
06-11-2018, 21:05   #4512
MJohnston

On the previous topic of white LED bus displays, I spotted this comparison in Dublin this morning:

Sadly the Maynooth bus was moving quickly (as was my phone) while the 77A was static, so you can't really judge the clarity from the photo. But for my part, I thought it was a lot more legible from a distance compared to the yellow text. They'd need a dimmer function for nighttime though, when it might be too bright.
(5) thanks from:
06-11-2018, 22:45   #4513
KD345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJohnston View Post
They'd need a dimmer function for nighttime though, when it might be too bright.
The existing units already have automatic brightness control, I'd guess this is similar.
(2) thanks from:
14-11-2018, 18:13   #4514
Muahahaha

Documents about CPOs for four of the spines are up on the Bus Connects site https://busconnects.ie/initiatives/c...ridor-project/ and the public consultation opens today. They are doing it on a phased basis for the other routes.

Just had a flick over one of them (Blanch to CC). The timeline hopes to secure permission from ABP in by the end of 2020 with 2021 used for negotiating and purchasing front gardens and then construction of the spine to commence 2022 with each spine taking two years to complete. The starting date of construction of spines is to be staggered, some begin in 2022 and all are planned to be complete by 2027.

Thats if it all goes to plan. If ABP requires an oral hearing then it could add on another year to the timeline.
14-11-2018, 18:24   #4515
TheChrisD

Send a message via Skype™ to TheChrisD
Blanch corridor joining the N3 at the Snugborough Road junction. What blithering idiot thought that would be a good idea.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion