Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

deco72 wrote: »
    Yeah I was talking to Ger from SF and that's the date she gave. I was also talking to another woman at the show houses about a month ago and the same date was given. Fingers crossed it is done by then. Foundations are down so hopefully see some more progress in next month or so

Wow that's great progress, yes fingers crossed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

Yeah I was talking to Ger from SF and that's the date she gave. I was also talking to another woman at the show houses about a month ago and the same date was given. Fingers crossed it is done by then. Foundations are down so hopefully see some more progress in next month or so

meant to ask are the foundations laid for your house specifically or for the whole phase of houses

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

meant to ask are the foundations laid for your house specifically or for the whole phase of houses

Probably should have said that the foundations were not for all of Phase 2. By the looks of it there is foundations for the first 6 houses (No.22-32) in the cul de sac on the right side as you enter. These would be the ones for March 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

Probably should have said that the foundations were not for all of Phase 2. By the looks of it there is foundations for the first 6 houses (No.22-32) in the cul de sac on the right side as you enter. These would be the ones for March 2017.

Wow did they start Phase 2 already? How were you able to see the 3rd cul de sac?
    We are phase 1 (2nd cul de sac) but cant see what is going on in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bmv

JustaGO wrote: »
    Wow did they start Phase 2 already? How were you able to see the 3rd cul de sac?

Did they give you the September or October as completion date for your house?

• Advertisement

bmv wrote: »

Did they give you the September or October as completion date for your house?

We were originaly told June and now it is October. What about you?

Yes same here, were told in May and then September. Hopefully it won't be later then that.

Yes same here, were told in May and then September. Hopefully it won't be later then that.

We were just asking if it is still on target for October and she said yes but its hard to trust her. When we spoke to the foreman at the building side he seemed surprised that we were told October.

We were just asking if it is still on target for October and she said yes but its hard to trust her. When we spoke to the foreman at the building side he seemed surprised that we were told October.

Are they gona give us at least one month notice? Maybe the guys who moved in could tell us. But assume once you move in you're not bothered to read the forum anymore:)
    But in case someone does read it, please tell us, it'll be much appreciated.

I think you do the snagging first and then it can be from 2weeks to a month before others got the keys

• Advertisement

Hey,
    Yeah phase 2 has started already. One of the guys who bought a house in phase 2 has a drone and he took some videos and photos for us. All the houses in cul de sac 2 look like they are up with roofs on them but with scaffolding all around them so still a bit of work to be done.

I did notice someone was able to get the the attic conversion done during the build. Anyone know how this was possible? We have been told we are not allowed to change anything at all.

Hey,
    Yeah phase 2 has started already. One of the guys who bought a house in phase 2 has a drone and he took some videos and photos for us. All the houses in cul de sac 2 look like they are up with roofs on them but with scaffolding all around them so still a bit of work to be done.

I did notice someone was able to get the the attic conversion done during the build. Anyone know how this was possible? We have been told we are not allowed to change anything at all.

We've been told same- no changes allowed, no matter how small they are.
    And the attic conversion- very annoyed about as we were very interested in getting ours done and were told we can't... someone must be very special if they could, I guess.

Could be a family of a builder or developer. God knows. We were told attic conversion was not possible due to all the equipment being there...

Hey,

Was the road in the second cul de sac finished???Do you know????

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Hey,

How do you know someone got an attic conversion? The dormer window? I think that was the way it was sold, if you see the house beside the 3 bed extended showhouse, this has a dormer window as well.

Hey,

How do you know someone got an attic conversion? The dormer window? I think that was the way it was sold, if you see the house beside the 3 bed extended showhouse, this has a dormer window as well.
    Yeah the dormer window shows that the attic was done. There were no options to have this when buying even though they have the show house with it. They also don't open that show house either.

If it was bought like that I would like to know how they got the option. I would assume as someone mentioned that they know the developer/builder and was able to get this done after purchasing.

Were any of you able to get the measurments of the rooms etc.?

Thefact wrote: »
    I am still being told October, the roof has been on for a few weeks now so hopefully it won't be much later than planned.

It looks like the people who were told July were moving in yesterday:)

That's a great news! Which houses do you know?

That's a great news! Which houses do you know?

The ones opposite the show houses the sale office. This street is not blocked off anymore till 2nd cul de sac.
    Lots of kids running around there yesterday. Not sure if u guys have kids but we do so very pleased about that.
    Spoke to some lady who moved in to the whole estate as a first person. So far they r loving it there she said.

• Advertisement

The ones opposite the show houses the sale office. This street is not blocked off anymore till 2nd cul de sac.
    Lots of kids running around there yesterday. Not sure if u guys have kids but we do so very pleased about that.
    Spoke to some lady who moved in to the whole estate as a first person. So far they r loving it there she said.

This is very exciting now!
    Thanks for sharing the good news😊

Thanks for sharing the good news

Can anyone recommend a good carpet/flooring guy?

Starting to build the 3rd cul de sac houses now too. Hopefully they fly up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

Has anyone from phase 1 had an update on their completion date? We were told October but can't get anything more out of sherry Fitzgerald

Any pics of whats going on up there?

Has anyone from phase 2 had an update on their completion date? We were told October but can't get anything more out of sherry Fitzgerald
    We are in Phase 2 and we were told March 2017. October 2017?
    Any pics of whats going on up there?
    That's the latest photo I have hoping the guy can get the drone up for a look this week sometime. But you can see from that they have started building the row of 22-28 in belarmine lawns cul de sac

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

Sorry I meant phase 1.

Sorry I meant phase 1.

We got a letter few days ago from their solicitor saying the end of October but that they can not guarantee that date either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lobsta

I had a wander around the site last Saturday and huge progress seems to have been made since the last time I was up (two weeks prior).

The houses on the right hand side of cul de sac 2 now have their kitchens installed and as far as I can see all internal work is almost finished, they even have the house numbers on the doors. Work has started on the driveways and road out front.

The houses on the left of cul de sac 2 seem to be a little behind the houses on right hand side - roughly 3/4 weeks and that is a guess!. It's not all bad news though as again huge progress has been made over the last couple of weeks. Two weeks ago scaffolding still surrounded a number of these houses and the extensions (on the houses that have them) were far from complete. As of last Saturday the 10th Sept all scaffolding is down and the extensions are 100% finished on the outside. As for the inside two weeks ago we only had the wooden studs outlining the different rooms. However on Saturday I see the walls have now all been fully clad in plasterboard, both upstairs and downstairs. :)

Fingers crossed we'll be in by November 16 - we were originally told July 16.

• Advertisement

lobsta wrote: »
    I had a wander around the site last Saturday and huge progress seems to have been made since the last time I was up (two weeks prior).

The houses on the right hand side of cul de sac 2 now have their kitchens installed and as far as I can see all internal work is almost finished, they even have the house numbers on the doors. Work has started on the driveways and road out front.

The houses on the left of cul de sac 2 seem to be a little behind the houses on right hand side - roughly 3/4 weeks and that is a guess!. It's not all bad news though as again huge progress has been made over the last couple of weeks. Two weeks ago scaffolding still surrounded a number of these houses and the extensions (on the houses that have them) were far from complete. As of last Saturday the 10th Sept all scaffolding is down and the extensions are 100% finished on the outside. As for the inside two weeks ago we only had the wooden studs outlining the different rooms. However on Saturday I see the walls have now all been fully clad in plasterboard, both upstairs and downstairs. :)

Fingers crossed we'll be in by November 16 - we were originally told July 16.

What about the houses at the bottom of the 2 nd cul de sac? Anything inside done??

Advertisement