Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

When I was working there I had a one on one interview, a group interview and another one on one interview. I don't know if they still do it this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

When I was working there I had a one on one interview, a group interview and another one on one interview. I don't know if they still do it this way.

Well I had my first one on Friday, the never said anything about having another.. Just said they'd ring me during the week and let me know! Fingers crossed, anyway.

Well I had my first one on Friday, the never said anything about having another.. Just said they'd ring me during the week and let me know! Fingers crossed, anyway.

The second interview I had, you had to do a presentation in a group on a new smartphone. Best of luck!

The second interview I had, you had to do a presentation in a group on a new smartphone. Best of luck!

Oh my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Heard a whisper that NYPRO are getting close to a big recruitment drive. Anyone heard similar?

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    Oh my god.

Sorry I didn't mean to make that sound scary hahaha. It's perfectly fine, you have loads of time to work within your group and get to research the product before you do it. Don't panic!

[HTML][/HTML]

Sorry I didn't mean to make that sound scary hahaha. It's perfectly fine, you have loads of time to work within your group and get to research the product before you do it. Don't panic!

Pure hate group work! Especially when there's a prick who won't do anything.

Pure hate group work! Especially when there's a prick who won't do anything.

Ah there's always one in every group. Just do your bit the best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

cabledude wrote: »
    Heard a whisper that NYPRO are getting close to a big recruitment drive. Anyone heard similar?

no they are advertising their jobs on irishjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 burko2

Hi all
    I am currently seeking a childminder to mind 8 year old before and after school 3 to 4 days a week.Position would ideally suit a stay at home mam with school going kids of her own.
    Pm me if interested
    Thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cp95

just wondering if anyone knows anything about RD marketing and media? Can't seem to find much information about them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Pathetic for a minimum wage dead end job.

Pathetic for a minimum wage dead end job.

Job is a job. Money to pay rent and more then on the dole. Beggars can't be choosers, it might never lead you any higher, but it's something better than sitting around all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Job is a job. Money to pay rent and more then on the dole. Beggars can't be choosers, it might never lead you any higher, but it's something better than sitting around all day.

Your better off educating yourself so you can get something better. I'd rather return to college again and again than be worked into the ground for 320 pw, thats not even double your dole for 40 odd hours.

I can understand people using it as a stop gap till they find something else or part time as a student but to be brainwashed into thinking you can build a career with this crowd is niave.

I was there I've seen it all, it's exploitation at it's finest and the sad thing is it's all Waterford really has to offer right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

Your better off educating yourself so you can get something better. I'd rather return to college again and again than be worked into the ground for 320 pw, thats not even double your dole for 40 odd hours.

I can understand people using it as a stop gap till they find something else or part time as a student but to be brainwashed into thinking you can build a career with this crowd is niave.

I was there I've seen it all, it's exploitation at it's finest and the sad thing is it's all Waterford really has to offer right now.

Dead right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

We're all saved jobs for everyone big idea announcement for a new build...

Oh wait stop the diggers, there's an election on the way is'nt there...?

I'll still be better off than on the dole. I have **** all left over after I pay rent

Plus I never done junior cert - There's no FAS courses in my area, and I hate school.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

I'll still be better off than on the dole. I have **** all left over after I pay rent

Plus I never done junior cert - There's no FAS courses in my area, and I hate school.

Best get to un-hate school and educate yourself, no point in complaining about it otherwise.

ForzaKid wrote: »
    Best get to un-hate school and educate yourself, no point in complaining about it otherwise.

I wasn't complaining... And I'm not going to go back and repeat 3rd through 6th year... I'm 18...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Geoff's are looking for a part-time sous chef:

http://www.waterfordjobs.ie/employers/job/3360988

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

I wasn't complaining... And I'm not going to go back and repeat 3rd through 6th year... I'm 18...

If you don't mind me saying it mate. Now IS the best time to go back and get that education that you missed out on.
    That is unless you have a job that is shatter proof and will give you all that you will ever need in life. (Rather than the now)
    I am not trying to be funny or rude here.

garp wrote: »
    If you don't mind me saying it mate. Now IS the best time to go back and get that education that you missed out on.
    That is unless you have a job that is shatter proof and will give you all that you will ever need in life. (Rather than the now)
    I am not trying to be funny or rude here.

I am aware, but I don't concentrate well in school, (through no fault of my own) so school was never good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Geoff's are looking for a part-time sous chef:

http://www.waterfordjobs.ie/employers/job/3360988

If I knew how to make a sous Id go 4 it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I am aware, but I don't concentrate well in school, (through no fault of my own) so school was never good for me

Have you ever thought of talking to the people at the xlc project, http://www.thexlcproject.ie/index.html

Don't want to come across as nagging however you need to give yourself every chance you can. I don't think you have to repeat your junior cert and I think you can do the leaving cert in one year. You are obviously well able to look at information, form an opinion, argue your point and write. If memory and concentration are the issue I know the xlc project can help you develop techniques.

As for Eishtec, if you are offered a position there it may be a bad idea at all to take it. Its a new company that has grown beyond belief in the past 4 years, I think there is about 900 employees now, this coupled with what appears to be a relatively high turnover rate, means its highly likely a company that size most have lots of opportunities if you are good. Even if you hate it, its still something you will have on your CV. Also its easier to find a job when you already have one.

The only thing the dole is, is a poverty trap and although so people are stuck in it, at 18 you don't have to be.

Lecture over

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

recruitment fair in waterford city library next thursday and friday

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

RD Marketing & Media out by the airport are looking for a sales agent/manager and part time sales staff. http://jobs.donedeal.ie/view/sales-jobs/advertising-sales-manager/9630

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lets keep this thread about new jobs, thanks.

Vee Bistro in Tramore looking for a chef. Apply to Catherine or Derek.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Aren't McLeary's looking for a chef of some sort? Heard it advertised on WLR a couple of days ago. It said to call in with your CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

The foundry are looking for floor staff,it's advertised on their Facebook page.send CV to david@dinnri.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

GrayFox208 wrote: »

Hiya mate. You remind me of me. I do not do well in a Classroom environment. In fact, I left before I could finish my GCSE's. Hated it.

But man, when you get older, that little feeling of regret sneaks in and eats away at you.

At 31 I decided to cut the ****, stop the guilt and get some quals under my belt.

Find something that interests you and just... do it. Take it from me.

Advertisement