Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

STIG83 wrote: »
    Any idea what they like to work for?

No unfortunately. I did go for an interview with them before when they had the UPC contract, was offered the job but never took it - lucky i didnt as UPC pulled their door to door sales. Nice people though from what Ive experienced.....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 nickeym1

second interview for eishtec over with and i think i made a mess of it :( she asked me to tell her about myself and i proceeded to go through the jobs ive done and didnt actually tell her anything about my interests or personality. Said they would call back next week but not holding my breath. Seems a nice place though and all the workers seem bright and cheerful so couldnt be helltec as other people have mentioned here. Ill be sickened if i dont get it anyway. I have an aptitude test in a company called sulzer pumps (formally abs pumps) next week does anyone know anything about this company?? I got and email from them saying i was a successful canditate for the test and it will be held in the maldron hotel so im gussing there will be quite a lot of people at it and few chosen for the interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

nickeym1 wrote: »
    second interview for eishtec over with and i think i made a mess of it :( she asked me to tell her about myself and i proceeded to go through the jobs ive done and didnt actually tell her anything about my interests or personality. Said they would call back next week but not holding my breath. Seems a nice place though and all the workers seem bright and cheerful so couldnt be helltec as other people have mentioned here. Ill be sickened if i dont get it anyway. I have an aptitude test in a company called sulzer pumps (formally abs pumps) next week does anyone know anything about this company?? I got and email from them saying i was a successful canditate for the test and it will be held in the maldron hotel so im gussing there will be quite a lot of people at it and few chosen for the interview stage

Where is Sulzer pumps based?

STIG83 wrote: »
    Where is Sulzer pumps based?
    wexford town mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazyshiv100

Don't worry you properly gave more than you thought, if the jobs you had were jobs you did enjoy it would have come across that way.

• Advertisement

Don't worry you properly gave more than you thought, if the jobs you had were jobs you did enjoy it would have come across that way.
    True :) i will see how it goes anyway. Im not very experienced with interviews i think that was my second proper interview ever so if nothin else ill put it down to experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazyshiv100

you will learn from the interviews as you go through your employment all are different especially when you are dealing with HR, once you have confidence in your previous work experience it will show always look at them the worst thing is to feel uncomfortable by their presence.

you will learn from the interviews as you go through your employment all are different especially when you are dealing with HR, once you have confidence in your previous work experience it will show always look at them the worst thing is to feel uncomfortable by their presence.

Well i didnt take my eyes off her the whole interview so that either came across as confident or creepy :)

Is it wexford you interviewed for ?

• Advertisement

Well if you read the add its for 3 depo's. waterford, Portaloise and Navan.

Sorry I meant who is for?
    I'll edit my previous post

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Irish Independent Newspapers (Ire). We have a number of part-time positions available in the Waterford city area over the coming weeks. Roll: Sales & Promotion Part time positions The roll will involve selling a home delivery service for the Irish independent and Sunday Independent to residential customers in the Waterford city area. All training will be provided by Independent newspapers, the work is Monday to Thursday each evening for 2-3 hours. Wages will be paid weekly, there is an hourly rate of pay and additional bonuses for achieving pre determined sales targets. Who should apply? There is no experience necessary, the roll would suit someone who is out going and is more sales orientated. If you are interested in the roll they you can contact me directly at dhartnett@independent.ie Or by phone at 017055806

(Taken from Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

Anyone else know what will be asked for the Eishtec second round interview, I have it tomorrow. I know someone mentioned they ask "tell me about yourself", any other questions anyone knows of? They asked so many cliche ones today that I cant think what else they can ask

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

For anyone who gets first round interview they asked me;

1. What your biggest achievement
    2. What is good customer service
    3. Describe yourself in 3 words (was tempted to say ON THE DOLE)
    4. Went through work history-didnt seem to like finding any gaps
    5. Availability,wages etc
    6. Asked me to email details of reference from last job

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roisin87

I did the second round one in Waterford about two weeks ago. The questions seemed pretty much the same as the ones you mentioned. Its possible that it will just be a different person interviewing you and that's why they do the second round. I have heard though if you are applying to Wexford that the second round is possibly a group interview to see how well you interact in a group setting. (My friend applied to Wexford and got called for the second round, they did tell her over the phone it would be a group interview though) Hope that's of some help. Best of luck ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gary2014

Roisin87 wrote: »
    I did the second round one in Waterford about two weeks ago. The questions seemed pretty much the same as the ones you mentioned. Its possible that it will just be a different person interviewing you and that's why they do the second round. I have heard though if you are applying to Wexford that the second round is possibly a group interview to see how well you interact in a group setting. (My friend applied to Wexford and got called for the second round, they did tell her over the phone it would be a group interview though) Hope that's of some help. Best of luck ��

Hi Roisin
    just wondering if you can help me are interviews help up in eistec and what is the appropriate dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gary2014

You could be chucked into service anyway never mind sales. Your college mate was filling you up with lies nobody in eishtec comes out with that much money p/w , don't believe the hype !.

My honest opinion stay clear of it , it's mental torture the only people who enjoy it are either fresh in the door or the ones who constantly lick hole in their all day.

Not too mention the dress code for a f*cking call centre , it's laughable there tbh.

Hi what is the dress code?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

They don't have rolls in waterford, its all blaas.
    Sully wrote: »
    Irish Independent Newspapers (Ire). We have a number of part-time positions available in the Waterford city area over the coming weeks. Roll: Sales & Promotion Part time positions The roll will involve selling a home delivery service for the Irish independent and Sunday Independent to residential customers in the Waterford city area. All training will be provided by Independent newspapers, the work is Monday to Thursday each evening for 2-3 hours. Wages will be paid weekly, there is an hourly rate of pay and additional bonuses for achieving pre determined sales targets. Who should apply? There is no experience necessary, the roll would suit someone who is out going and is more sales orientated. If you are interested in the roll they you can contact me directly at dhartnett@independent.ie Or by phone at 017055806

(Taken from Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roisin87

Hi Gary,

The dress code for their is business so Id say for best impressions you should wear trousers and shirt, suit jacket if you have one or smart jumper. And the address is 2a i think in the cleaboy business park Waterford. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Sully wrote: »

(Taken from Facebook)

Can you do this job without losing money though. It is 4 days a week and you can only work 3 days max doing x and o's. So i presume you would have to sign off for 12 hours a week max so you would be earning less than on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Can you do this job without losing money though. It is 4 days a week and you can only work 3 days max doing x and o's. So i presume you would have to sign off for 12 hours a week max so you would be earning less than on the dole.

This job is not suitable for somebody on the dole. You would be working for less then the dole

The system is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

got same reply myself

So how many Waterford people are getting called for an oul interview
    Do we all remember the spindopent 1600 jobs for Waterford / south Kilkenny headlines

That should have read 1600 jobs for dairy farmers sons and acquaintances....imo

Hoffmans wrote: »
    So how many Waterford people are getting called for an oul interview
    Do we all remember the spindopent 1600 jobs for Waterford / south Kilkenny headlines

That should have read 1600 jobs for dairy farmers sons and acquaintances....imo

When I got rejection email I emailed back asking why I wasn't suitable. they said 900 applied for 30 positions, where the fcuk are they getting the 1600 from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

the 1600 probably included construction of the plant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Bellissimo Restaurant, Dunmore Road are looking for people, see their Facebook page for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Just checked it now.

Its only for chef position. Any idea if they need waitress or helping staff?
    Bellissimo Restaurant, Dunmore Road are looking for people, see their Facebook page for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

the 1600 probably included construction of the plant

1600 plus 450 construction jobs.

Supposed to genearte the 1600 by 2018 with the milk quota gone it will be farming jobs i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

any job available in a restaurant or cafe please? as waitress or kitchen porter?
    thank you

Advertisement