Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2014

Options
  • 07-04-2014 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Well....that's that......SL are deserved winners:)

Now it's time for the circus that is the IPL:pac::pac:......it's that time of the year when that all that is wrong with Indian cricket and the way it is run is forgotten and forgiven as we Indians enjoy 6 weeks of mind numbing entertainment :D:D..... what better way for India to prepare for a full 5 test series in England this summer:confused:

Kohli looked all but ready to bludgeon his RCB team mate Yuvraj to death during the last 4 overs yesterday......Will the RCB want their money back?:(

As usual CSK will be the team to beat this year but I am really looking forward to the way Kings XI Punjab do this year with Maxwell and Johnson

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jonny_Darcy

Is it on Sky Sports this year? I have never had the pleasure due to not having the channels. Need to pick to team to support , any suggestions???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Haven't watched IPL for two years now since it was on Setanta. Is it still shown live on Youtube?

Back then I always rooted for the top and bottom. CSK and Punjab Kings XI. :D

Edit: It'll be on ITV4 for the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Is it on Sky Sports this year? I have never had the pleasure due to not having the channels. Need to pick to team to support , any suggestions???:confused:

No next year it is on Sky. I think ITV4 are covering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jonny_Darcy

That's a shame I don't have ITV4 , I was quite looking forward to it. I have been a bit of lumbering dinosaur with regard to T20. Never really took it as it's so far removed from Test cricket but it has really grown on me in the past year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

when is it kicking off?

• Advertisement

when is it kicking off?

Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders, this Wednesday @ 15:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

RCB :D

Gayle, Kohli, AB De in the batting unit along with Yuvraj (who might be a huge flop). Never a dull moment supporting them as every game is a thriller and end up choking big time every season.

Safe bets? Chennai Super kings and maybe Mumbai Indians.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Watching the Kolkota Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians. No idea who to support overall just yet, leaning towards one of the 'Kings' or 'Delhi Daredevils', but will just enjoy the 5-6 weeks of it for now.

Already disapointed it wont be on ITV4 next season.

PS, are we allowed spoilers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not sure Mumbai fans will be to happy with the business done, Smith,Sachin Maxwell, Johnson Karthik out and in comes Hussey, Anderson and a few not so exciting names.

Kolkata looked quite good today, they do have the bowling and if Kallis is not as crap last year they could be dangerous and of course if they can get Yusuf into form, then great news.

Also they must be confident about their squad because they have signed a specalist fielder in Andre " ALL ROUNDER " Russell.:P

UAE grounds look quite lifeless get it to India ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is there any of the Irish names involved this year? Including any of the ones who have moved to the England side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is there any of the Irish names involved this year? Including any of the ones who have moved to the England side.

None that I'm aware of. Pietersen is only player eligible for England to get picked.

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Zero.

Morgan withdrew from the auction to focus on four day cricket to make a push for test cricket this summer. He did well for Kolkata last year so I think he would have been picked up this summer.

Maxwell and Miller at the crease vs Indian bowlers:P

pajor wrote: »
    Haven't watched IPL for two years now since it was on Setanta. Is it still shown live on Youtube?

It is btw:D:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTT4RdFarY

• Registered Users Posts: 16,029 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Maxwell and Miller at the crease vs Indian bowlers:P

Yeah great stuff. Pity (or not) cos I'm meant to be studying

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amritesh11

hii friends i am new to this forum and want to share my views regarding ipl burning topic in cricket now-a-days well i support rajasthan royals any ipl lover can tell his or her favorite team .
    thank you :)

Not sure Mumbai fans will be to happy with the business done, Smith,Sachin Maxwell, Johnson Karthik out and in comes Hussey, Anderson and a few not so exciting names.

Look totally clueless today, the summer business does not look at all clever now.

Want to see Bangalore defend before I got excited about them.

Knew this would happen, can't watch on ITV4 with UPC. :mad:

Youtube it is.

Want to see Bangalore defend before I got excited about them.

In the driving seat now anyway.

Not watched every ball, but for most part have had it in the background, apart from Mumbai batting which was sooooooooo ugly in both matches its been a really fun start, lots of good games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Major difference in RCB bowling attack in 2 games was Chahal. He was impressive in both game and is not afraid to flight the ball. He hasn't conceded a boundary in 2 games if I heard it correctly.

Varun, Chahal, Starc are bowling well something we lacked big time last season. Also biggest plus is local bowlers, we had **** bowlers last time, at least this time looks like we have decent ones.

anyone know if the match today is on any of the ITV channels? And if not what is the youtube page for the live steaming?

Thanks

anyone know if the match today is on any of the ITV channels? And if not what is the youtube page for the live steaming?

Thanks

If you have sky, then ITV4.

Otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t4A2OTAa7Y

pajor wrote: »
    If you have sky, then ITV4.

Otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t4A2OTAa7Y

unfortunately itv4 are showing motor sports :mad: I figured it might have been on 1 of the other ITVs. Youtube will do. Wish now I had a smart TV.

I hope Watto gets some runs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

If Sanju Samson isn't a future India player I do not know who is.....classy lad and a potential wicketkeeper batsman for India:)

maxwell on the charge again. 28 off 13. hopefully he'll last the innings

edit: 35 off 15

Painful watching Pujara bat here, they need Miller or Bailey in quickly.

Painful watching Pujara bat here, they need Miller or Bailey in quickly.

if maxwell keeps milking the strike it wont matter. 85 off 40

Awful, awful from Che.

Seriously hit out or get the **** out, ffs:mad:

• Advertisement

Awful, awful from Che.

Seriously hit out or get the **** out, ffs:mad:

great innings by pujara, anchoring it like that :D

Advertisement