Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

CSK well and truly Maxwelled , Millered and Baileyed:pac::pac::pac:

CSK will still make the final this year as well as usual.....they'll just be hoping KingsXI don't make it though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Kings 11 reminds me of RCB of last year and previous. Awesome batting line up with Gayle, AB De, Kohli and to an extent Dilshan but very poor bowling which cost so many games.

I can't wait for Kings 11 to bat first and watch Miller, Maxwell batting together.

:D It was awesome..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Last few times and including internationally Ashwin has bowled to Maxwell, its been complete and utter carnage, a serious concern if they meet later on.

Bhuvi Kumar seems to be in good form, I reckon he is the type of bowler who could do very well in England this summer.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Last few times and including internationally Ashwin has bowled to Maxwell, its been complete and utter carnage, a serious concern if they meet later on.

Bhuvi Kumar seems to be in good form, I reckon he is the type of bowler who could do very well in England this summer.

Maxwell did make a fool of himself when he reverse swept Ashwin onto his stumps in the T20 WC recently:pac:.....but has had the better of him in the IPL no doubt

Bhuvi Kumar has been the best pace bowler in the IPL so far:)

Yuvraj Singh:(:(........Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher Airlines went bust last year......at this rate RCB will go the same way:pac::pac:

And just when somebody needed to just keep AB company for RCB to stand a chance in comes Albie Morkel and does an Albie Morkel:(:(:(

• Advertisement

booth70 wrote: »
    Yuvraj Singh:(:(........Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher Airlines went bust last year......at this rate RCB will go the same way:pac::pac:

And just when somebody needed to just keep AB company for RCB to stand a chance in comes Albie Morkel and does an Albie Morkel:(:(:(

To be fair and I don't rate him either, he was cheap when bowling and scored more than 10, probably his best game in years:pac:

He did not lose Bangalore this game, same story as usual, bowling has killed Bangalore and Kohli's form has really slipped since that UAE mess of a chase against Kolkata.

The 2 young spinners looked good today, and was surprised Sandeep is only 20,:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Steyn has just taken one of the best catches I have ever seen.

After a long break I'm going for RCB's match and it's against Delhi. I have 100% winning record and hopefully RCB won't **** it up :P

Mumbai Indians fielding has been atrocious.

This better be the last game this guy umpires in, the guy is hopeless. Two unbelievably awful decisions.

• Advertisement

Not trying to be cruel and as someone who when he played cricket once or twice a few years ago and was rubbish and that was at the local park:pac:

But even despite that, I think I could get into this Bangalore side as a bowler, all rubbish. :P

Did feel for Yuvraj yesterday though, beast of a performance.

Anyways Mumbai, Pollard again bowls the last over and gets smashed, terrible captaincy Rohit.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    After a long break I'm going for RCB's match and it's against Delhi. I have 100% winning record and hopefully RCB won't **** it up :P

:D It was fantastic..

It was awesome hitting from Yuvraj indeed, you should be a little worried about Kohli though, in no form at all.

Chennai are an awesome team but looking at how they sent Ashwin in ahead of Shankar and hardly used Manhas, has a young Indian batsman ever developed with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

How does Darren Sammy not get in this Sunrisers side?

He wasn't great in the games he played, but ultimately he is a gun in this format, much better than Henriques.

Simmons bowling three overs:confused::confused::confused:

Think that is Mumbai gone, ultimately, the transfers killed them, they lost Smith, Maxwell, R Dhawan, DK, and Mitch while Sachin retired.

Anderson has been a bit of a dud sadly, his batting has potential but his bowling in the SC needs a lot of work. Hussey was poor as well.

That was a phenomenal run chase from Kings XI

Steyn 4 0 51 0 :eek:

Steyn may be the best Test bowler at the moment but he sure is crap at T20:pac:

That pitch was such a road sadly, I know fans want runs as ultimately 200 v 190 is always a bigger draw than 130 v 120 but it does nothing for bowlers especially young Indian ones.

KP? 2 scores in the thirties is the best he has done, for the money they have spent on him, its nowhere close to been enough. He, Corey and Hussey have been the biggest flops of the IPL so far.

Ugh

I like Dhoni but when you have ten to defend in the last over and Badree and Mohit have an over left and you turn to David Hussey a part timer and that is been kind to bowl the last one who had gone for 25 in his previous 2 overs, then its very hard not to be skeptical sadly. :(:(

Obviously he is a better bowler but a lot of the time I have seen Parnell in limited over cricket, I think of Jade Dernbach:o

And nope that is not a good thing for Wayne.:P

KP has probably been the biggest bust of the IPL, captaincy has been poor as was highlighted today by leaving Tahir so late, no pressure to go after him and his own form has been dismal.

Also said in the interview he did not know who Vohra was???:eek:

Supposed to be the captain ffs, and he is reasonably well known to IPL watchers to be fair.:o

For Indian fans the concern will be Shami coming up to England, he does not look a 20/20 bowler and the constant hammerings can't be good for his confidence even in the longer format where he is clearly more comfortable.

Impressed with the spinner of Punjab, Patel, looks a player and seems to like pressure,and only 20, Mishra's stock has plummeted a lot in the last few months someone like that or Chahal of RCB, why not give either a chance for India in one of the 712 limited over games India will play this year?:o

• Advertisement

Also this was awesome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Any fancies in the earlier IPL game today then? Sunrisers to finally get going this year?

Thought he was a bit of a waster a few years ago, but Uthappa seems to have copped himself on now, looks a quality player who has finally grown up. Definitely deserves a chance for India in the next series against Bangladesh.

Maxwell seems to be fizzling out a little, probably could do with a break before the knock outs. Still really concerned about their bowling though especially Sharma who is been smacked about a little and Dhawan.

Hendricks were cack today.

Shame Mumbai were so useless in the UAE, they would have been a serious contender to win it all.

Very poor campaign after what was initially a good start with a few wins for RCB.

Kohli for someone so magnificent has not been that great while Gayle looks a shadow of his previous self, bowlers as usual total rubbish.

Robbie Uthappa played the innings of this years IPL today I reckon

Another disappointing season for RCB capped off by a crazy run chase today....too slow initially and too much for AB and Yuvraj to do at the end

And what else can you say about Narine......I have not once seen him being taken apart.....Genius with the ball

.....and apologies to KKR:D.....I had completely written them off after the UAE leg.....they might go on and actually win the damn thing again this year

Its a really strong looking team and they are peaking at the right time.

Only concern maybe is that Yadev and Vinay can still go for runs at the death in this format, someone suggested they could drop Tendo which would be harsh as he is a gun player, bring in an Indian batsman and get Cummins in to replace one of them?:o

Oh and I know their is RCB fans here, but its hard to have any sympathy for you this year,ye needed bowlers and ye signed Dinda???:confused::p

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its a really strong looking team and they are peaking at the right time.

Only concern maybe is that Yadev and Vinay can still go for runs at the death in this format, someone suggested they could drop Tendo which would be harsh as he is a gun player, bring in an Indian batsman and get Cummins in to replace one of them?:o

They got their batting order right for a start finally with Uthappa at the top and not at 7 like in one of the earlier matches!!!..........Bring Kallis in for Tendo and they'll have the extra bowling option but given that they have won 6 in a row they are not going to change anything

Vinay Kumar.....what can I say.....whether it's in the red of RCB or the purple of KKR or the blue of India he gets spanked:mad:

• Advertisement

CSK need to pull their socks up and stop their recent slide.....

Perfectly symmetrical start by the 2 openers so far 24/0 in 2

Advertisement