Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

booth70 wrote: »
    They got their batting order right for a start finally with Uthappa at the top and not at 7 like in one of the earlier matches!!!..........Bring Kallis in for Tendo and they'll have the extra bowling option but given that they have won 6 in a row they are not going to change anything

Vinay Kumar.....what can I say.....whether it's in the red of RCB or the purple of KKR or the blue of India he gets spanked:mad:

Kallis would add bowling, but he needs to bat at the top to get himself in as he is not someone who can in and give it a lash instantly, and they really don't need to mess around with their top order.

I like Tendo a lot anyways, really good T-20 batsman so I wouldn't be to concerned if they stick with this line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Dale Steyn definitely has a murder in him. Those eyes be intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Another mauling for Steyn this IPL......he's gone from bad to worse to utter rubbish in T20:pac::pac:

Sunrisers still have a chance though......CSK have enough crap bowlers of their own

Sunrisers still have a chance though......CSK have enough crap bowlers of their own

What did I tell ya:pac::pac::pac:

71/0 in 7

CSK's season starting to unravel here.....

KKR of all the teams that will progress look the most equipped to defend a score, Narine hard to get away and I know he can be a mess at times but Morne also can keep it very tight.

Not been impressed with the bowling from Chennai and Punjab in the last few games, maybe once it gets to knock out edge stage their sharpness may return, it needs to, can't rely on their batsman to score 190 or 200 every game.

• Advertisement

Delhi are just a disgrace really, whoever decided to pay so much money to Karthik and especially Pieterson the two biggest flops of the competition, well done. :rolleyes:

Both their dismissals today, shamefully stupid. :mad:

Would be amusing if Rajasthan did not qualify for knock outs, took the mickey constantly changing the team and experimenting when winning.
    Oh they have Watson as well:pac:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Delhi are just a disgrace really, whoever decided to pay so much money to Karthik and especially Pieterson the two biggest flops of the competition, well done. :rolleyes:

Both their dismissals today, shamefully stupid. :mad:

Totally agree......for a team coached by apparently the best coach that ever lived Gary Kirsten they were hopeless right thro the tournament

The DD owners cleaned out the stables after their last place finish last year.....won't be surprised if they do the same next year.....won't be surprised if they get rid of KP either....he has been all talk and no action this year and I think they will lose their patience with him

Would be amusing if Rajasthan did not qualify for knock outs, took the mickey constantly changing the team and experimenting when winning.
    Oh they have Watson as well:pac:

Between the Sunrisers , RR and Mumbai , RR look most likely to go thro despite their recent slide

Assuming Sunrisers win today and Mumbai beat RR tomorrow all 3 teams will finish up on 14 points........

Sunrisers have the worst run rate amongst the three and need to win MASSIVE tonight to improve their run rate and even then MI and RR will have the benefit of playing last

RR will probably sneak thro even if they lose to Mumbai tomorro.....their run rate is so much superior than Mumbai that Mumbai might have to bowl them out for something absurd like 40 or something! to go thro.......

Both Mumbai and the Sunrisers are paying for desperately poor starts to the tournament in the UAE

KKR of all the teams that will progress look the most equipped to defend a score, Narine hard to get away and I know he can be a mess at times but Morne also can keep it very tight.

Not been impressed with the bowling from Chennai and Punjab in the last few games, maybe once it gets to knock out edge stage their sharpness may return, it needs to, can't rely on their batsman to score 190 or 200 every game.

Like Dhoni said the other night his bowlers will struggle to defend even 230......CSK's best chance in the playoffs lie in them winning the toss and chasing:(

Kings XI deservedly finish top of the pile....their power hitters have been their mainstay....but I think they'll struggle to beat Narine and KKR in the playoffs particularly if Glenndeep Singh Maxwell has a poor day:pac:

KKR on a roll and look the form team leading into the playoffs.....will be hard to beat

COME ON CSK:D

• Advertisement

What a naive team Bangalore are, seriously why the hell do they never sign any bowlers, their current contingent are crap.

Ravi Rampaul ffs:P

Chennai butchering them as I type.

Like Dhoni said the other night his bowlers will struggle to defend even 230......CSK's best chance in the playoffs lie in them winning the toss and chasing:(

Kings XI deservedly finish top of the pile....their power hitters have been their mainstay....but I think they'll struggle to beat Narine and KKR in the playoffs particularly if Glenndeep Singh Maxwell has a poor day:pac:

KKR on a roll and look the form team leading into the playoffs.....will be hard to beat

COME ON CSK:D

Punjab will be dangerous but they may struggle against the elite bowling of KKR, they need Mitch to come back strong in the play offs because the bowling is quite inexperienced and Sandeep especially is struggling these days.

Some savage hitting from Pathan to be fair, seems to be getting into a serious groove, would have hindered him if Sunrisers did not drop him though:P

Steyn should seriously consider quitting T20 cricket I reckon......he's been battered all over India this season and considering that he has not achieved anything internationally for SA in T20 cricket either should quit and concentrate on maintaining his reputation as the best quickie in Test cricket:pac:

Brutal once in an IPL season innings by Pathan made more impressive by the fact he took Steyn to the cleaners in that one over

Pathan yesterday and Anderson today.....

WTF is going on??!!!....MI are winning this at a canter!!!

RR have only themselves to blame for making a mess of their selection last few matches if they go out today

I can't take it anymore.....

What a finish

Phew!!!!!

I love Dravid to bits and enjoy watching Samson and Rahene but delighted to see Mumabi through, Raj took the mick messing about with their team last few weeks and I enjoy watching Faulkner and Watson get smashed. :P

Credit to Anderson, that was fantastic hitting.

They will be quite dangerous in the play offs.

Also now that Anderson has done that, well done KP you have narrowly pipped Karthik and Neesham for biggest flop of the IPL.:p

Despite bowling crap all match with 8 needed of 2 and again with at least a boundary needed with the scores tied Faulkner still had 2 chances to keep RR in the IPL......what he bowled on both occasions was utter sh@te

Despite MI's heroics today here's my 2 paise for the playoffs:pac::pac:......

KKR to beat Kings XI

CSK to beat MI
    CSK to beat Kings XI

KKR v CSK final........with KKR to edge it:(:(:(

Come on CSK.....prove me wrong:D:D

The concern with Mumbai is their bowling is weaker to get the four oversea batsmen in, and while they will fancy chasing anything, they will struggle to defend anything that is not a massive score.

Kolkata do have the best bowling and can actually defend, but all sides are coming into it with wins, and all have match winners.

They should be very good matches.

Eh?

Was their any reason Ankit Sharma did not bowl, picked as a specalist bowler and had done well recently, last time they played Mumbai they conceded 174 and he bowled 4 overs for 20 and took 2 wickets?:confused:

Watson is an abysmal captain really.

• Advertisement

The playoffs due to start tonight

Weather permitting.....KKR v Punjab today

Should be a cracker:)

Maxwell seems to have gone off the boil a bit but he is a good T20 player so will be great to see him tick again against Narine and co

KKR start slight favourites I think......

Tomorrow due to rain, Maxwell is a beast in T2, how many people smash Ajmal and co around so easily, but he has been worked out a little, he has played KKR twice and done very little.

I am not to concerned about the batting, but they really need Mitch to step up, the spinners they use are quite young and Dhawan doesn't keep it to tight.

Thought he was a bit of a waster a few years ago, but Uthappa seems to have copped himself on now, looks a quality player who has finally grown up. Definitely deserves a chance for India in the next series against Bangladesh.

Robin called up for Bangladesh tour, not the England one sadly but I understand picking Gambhir ahead of him.

In news which will amuse everyone except Indian fans, Stuart Binny is in both the Bangladesh and England touring parties, nepotism at its finest:p:p

Anyways could be a good chase,164 for Punjab to chase.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

In news which will amuse everyone except Indian fans, Stuart Binny is in both the Bangladesh and England touring parties, nepotism at its finest:p:p

Is he related to Rubbish Binny, who was left out overnight but nobody collected him? * :)

* 12th Man reference, for anyone who remembers/has heard of him

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/content/player/26948.html

That the guy you referring to? Father and son.:P

You got that right....certainly dosen't amuse me:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Crazy selection......I thought the days of zonal politics in the picking of Indian national teams was a thing of the past but not so....except for Uthappa no recognition of either the IPL form or the domestic season that preceded it:mad::mad:

Guys like Sanju Samson , Karun Nair and Manan Vohra will wonder what they need to do to get in.....the Bangladesh one dayers would have been a good opportunity to blood these players at the international level

TrueDub wrote: »
    Is he related to Rubbish Binny, who was left out overnight but nobody collected him? * :)

* 12th Man reference, for anyone who remembers/has heard of him

Agree.....Roger Binny was rubbish.....except for one summer day in June of 1983 when he picked up Clive Lloyd's wicket to help India win the World cup:D

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wc1983/engine/match/65090.html

That was also the day Cricket replaced Hockey as the national sport of India:)

Anyways could be a good chase,164 for Punjab to chase.

Pity about the rain.....Punjab chasing Duckworth Lewis rather than the 164

Narine's remaining two overs the key to the match

The Maxwell/Miller show was bound to run out of steam at some point

Punjab will be glad they have another chance....they don't deserve to go out on the back of one bad day at the office

• Advertisement

You got that right....certainly dosen't amuse me:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Crazy selection......I thought the days of zonal politics in the picking of Indian national teams was a thing of the past but not so....except for Uthappa no recognition of either the IPL form or the domestic season that preceded it:mad::mad:

Guys like Sanju Samson , Karun Nair and Manan Vohra will wonder what they need to do to get in.....the Bangladesh one dayers would have been a good opportunity to blood these players at the international level

....and what more can I say about Vinay Kumar that has not been said:mad::mad:

Advertisement