Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They picked Pankaj Singh which is good as he has been rotting away hile performing quite well in the Ranji Trophy for years.

Dhawan is a little unlucky as well, he can't a worse all rounder than Binny.

Umesh not playing in the test series is bizarre, he is a better in that format, but for some reason Aaron is:P

Anyways Punjab do seem to be running out of steam a little especially Maxwell who swung horribly at everything today. Kolkata look very hard to beat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Was that the plumbest LBW ever to be given not out:pac:

Another brain fade from Mc Cullum:mad:

CSK letting this slip:(

MSD to the rescue?

booth70 wrote: »
    Another brain fade from Mc Cullum:mad:

CSK letting this slip:(

MSD to the rescue?

Good old Raina I forgot about him:)

If one Hussey can't do it for CSK anymore the other Hussey will:D

Despite MI's heroics today here's my 2 paise for the playoffs:pac::pac:......

KKR to beat Kings XI

CSK to beat MI
    CSK to beat Kings XI

KKR v CSK final........with KKR to edge it:(:(:(

Come on CSK.....prove me wrong:D:D

All going swimmingly well so far:)

Come on CSK:)

• Advertisement

I'd back Chennai to beat Punjab but bad things happen when Ashwin bowls to Maxwell, should be a decent game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'd back Chennai to beat Punjab but bad things happen when Ashwin bowls to Maxwell, should be a decent game though.

I hope/think Punjab will win this game. Maxwell is due a smashing innings after 3-4 very calm performance.

Ashwin vs Maxwell, hopefully history repeats :D

Kallis got even less moves than me:pac:

bdruCw.gif

Utter sh*te from CSK's bowlers so far.....has been their problem all season

Punjab on course for 240 plus I reckon if they keep their nerve:pac:

Sehwag will probably never play for India again but he is still some player
    .....Genius:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Sehwag will probably never play for India again but he is still some player
    .....Genius:)

I'm hoping for a 100. some hitting

The day Ashwin pitches a ball outside the off stump will be the day I'll agree he is an off spinner:mad::mad:

The day Ashwin pitches a ball outside the off stump will be the day I'll agree he is an off spinner:mad::mad:

Was just gonna say he is due to get the better of Maxwell, after the previous pastings.

What does everyone think of Danny Morrison as a comentator? I get the feeling he annoys some of the other commentators with his over-exuberance.
    Must say, he annoys me from time to time :pac:

What does everyone think of Danny Morrison as a comentator? I get the feeling he annoys some of the other commentators with his over-exuberance.
    Must say, he annoys me from time to time :pac:

Danny Boy's all right......you need somebody mad like him in the comm box to balance out the sensible level headed guys like Bishop and Doullie!

The 2 guys who annoy me in the ESPN team are Shastri and Ramiz Raja:pac:

I'm hoping for a 100. some hitting

What a knock:D:D.......Superb stuff from Sehwag

I reckon if there was another frame for that run out decision he would have been out. KX1P on for a big one. But CSK are the one team you would back to chase down ~230

Utter sh*te from CSK's bowlers so far.....has been their problem all season

Punjab on course for 240 plus I reckon if they keep their nerve:pac:

Couple of quite overs at the end:pac:

Not quite 240+ plus but this game is Kings XI's to lose now

This chase (so far) reminds me of the Dutch vs Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Great chase so far, will it continue though with the captain out. I don't know much about cricket but I fear a batting collaspe.

• Advertisement

Disgusting innings from Mc Cullum, ran out Raina and then himself while eating up balls.:rolleyes:

Mc Cullum looks hopelessly out of place in the middle order....Only Fleming knows why he split up the openers even after Mc Cullum came back after his break

Superb fielding from Kings XI has kept them in the match

Utter sh@te from CSK's overseas crew just when it mattered

Not to worry.....the master finisher Dhoni should still win this for CSK:pac::pac:

CSK's bowling was always their weakest link but McCullum,Smith,Du Plessis and Hussey.....19 of 31 balls combined :mad::mad:

Dreadful innings by Dhoni to finish off CSK's season

Special knock from Raina...did not deserve to be on the losing side today but King's XI deserve to be in the final based on how they have played throughout the tournament......free spirited approach with everyone coming in from nos 1-6 swinging from the hip

With the greatest of respect to Chennai, Dhoni should know winning an IPL with an all Indian attack especially when Nehra is spear heading it and it also features an inexperienced Pandey was always going to be difficult.

Every side who has won it would all have had a world class overseas bowler, 4 oversea batsmen is to many. Chennai have been guilty of showing no interest in developing young Indian batsmen, they gave no chance to Manhas and Shankar or Babu this season, others in previous years have been ignored.

Chennai have money and a lot of it but only signing Henry and Hastings was miserly especially as they lost Morris, Holder and Kulkasera a bowler they never gave much chance to.

Next season they need to sign a world class quality overseas bowler and ignore whether he can bat or not.

Dhoni by now should know the importance of good bowlers with all his experience.

So after 6 weeks it comes down to KKR v Kings XI

The best bowling unit vs the best batting unit

If Sehwag can negate the 2 overs that Narine will bowl at the top there are plenty of runs to be made on one of the smallest grounds in India

KKR start slight favourites but I am hoping Kings XI wins it:)

Gem of an innings from both Saha and Vohra ....great to see 2 young local lads turning it on....

200 on the cards

Dare I say Kings XI might be better served if these 2 go on rather than an out of form Maxwell coming in now;)

Take a bow Saha...coming in as he did at 30/2 against the bowling might of KKR.....that's the innings of the IPL

200 to win....

Brilliant innings from Pandey but has he thrown it away

• Advertisement

The best IPL final so far...

Superb run chase but you can't help but feel that six off Johnson off the last ball of the 19th over was the difference in the end

So near yet so far for Kings XI but the best team won in the end I reckon

Advertisement