Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Mumbai were last year a monster batting line up.

Now? Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Saw SRT, Punter, Kumble, Wright , Rhodes and Robin Singh on the Mumbai Indians bench...they should all play in the next match as this team looks a right royal mess.....some monumental blunders at the auction not helping either

Players like Pathan , Hussey struggling big time this season.......goes to show if you are not playing international cricket regularly you struggle

Sadly that should be the last we see of Hussey in the IPL I think

They have not much options to come in though, just Ben Dunk to bolster the batting and Santokie for the bowling.

What a shocking LBW decision against Warner:(:(.....pitched a mile outside the leg stump and looked as it might hit the top of the Burj Khalifa:pac::pac::confused::confused:

Still if Finch and Sammy can get the Sunrisers to 150+ this should be a good match

I mean what is the point of Ishant Sharma.....

Whether it be the IPL or the Ranji Trophy or T20I or ODI or Test Cricket he gets hammered to all corners and yet he keeps being selected for India:mad::mad::mad::mad:

BTW what a buy Dwayne Smith has been for CSK:):).....I thought that CSK erred at the auction in letting Hussey go but what do I know:(.....the hole that the Mumbai Indians dug for themselves at the auction is getting deeper and deeper:D:D

• Advertisement

I feel for India in their upcoming England tour, its not exactly as if England are at their peak but you can see the likes of Bell smacking Ishant around.

I dunno if the likes of Mohit is ready for test cricket but I would like to see Pandey get into the squad at least, he has done the hard yards in the Ranji also.

Think Bhuvi could do well in England if it swings, but as Dhoni is boring, it will probably be Zaheer, Ishant and Shami as the quicks.

You could argue that Ashwin is good enough to play top seven and maybe play another quick because their is no obvious fifth bowler for India, that is something that has really hurt them overseas in test cricket.

Oh and India must be worried about Dhawan in England at the moment.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I feel for India in their upcoming England tour, its not exactly as if England are at their peak but you can see the likes of Bell smacking Ishant around.

I dunno if the likes of Mohit is ready for test cricket but I would like to see Pandey get into the squad at least, he has done the hard yards in the Ranji also.

Think Bhuvi could do well in England if it swings, but as Dhoni is boring, it will probably be Zaheer, Ishant and Shami as the quicks.

You could argue that Ashwin is good enough to play top seven and maybe play another quick because their is no obvious fifth bowler for India, that is something that has really hurt them overseas in test cricket.

Oh and India must be worried about Dhawan in England at the moment.

Don't get me going about Zaheer Khan:mad::mad:

India stand no chance in England this summer.....England are rubbish at present but when it comes to Test cricket abroad India are even worse particularly with Dhoni at the wheel

More importantly it is RCB v Kings XI today.....

In the form that he is in I fear for Yuvraj's safety......he might get killed by Johnson today:(:(

Despite Gayle murdering Maxwell in first over, this is dismal from Bangalore. Yep you need to get a move on in 20/20, but you also have to play the situation and trying to smash everything when teetering is not canny.

Sandeep looks a good bowler though.

Yuvraj to the rescue:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Despite Gayle murdering Maxwell in first over, this is dismal from Bangalore. Yep you need to get a move on in 20/20, but you also have to play the situation and trying to smash everything when teetering is not canny.

Sandeep looks a good bowler though.

Yuvraj to the rescue:cool:

Dont forget Albie

Takawale was especially awful, trying to smash Mitch every ball when just in:rolleyes:

So-so batting form Ab, Yuvraj batting well, but Albie

DO SOMETHING

• Advertisement

Comprehensive enough for Punjab really despite some late wickets. Rubbish final over from Albie was the nail in the coffin for RCB.

Anyways, Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore all permission to buy one more player as Maddinson, Bravo and Coulter Nile all gone for the competition.Has to be one of the reserves though. The list of unsold players.

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/ipl-2014-auction-list-of-unsold-players-96696

Exciting match last night but KKR threw it away at the end there

How ridiculous is the super over during the league phase of the tournament.....I can understand the need for a super over during a knockout match but why can't the teams share the two points if a match is tied during the league phase :confused::confused:

Will it be a clean sweep in the UAE of the wrong kind for the Mumbai Indians tonite:pac: .....Ponting and Tendulkar should open tonite:D:D.......they can't be any worse than the current pair

Been an absolute stinker of an IPL for Anderson, although I will say it was dumb captaincy to have him bowl his first over in the 19th over:confused:

Speaking of whom Rohit another who has bombed every way possible so far.

Simmons has joined Mumbai, I like him lots but its probably to late for them and even then they need a little more than him.

RCB sign Rossouw of South Africa. Have been keeping an eye on him if more for to see how he would do in the 4 day stuff where a lot of talk has been about him playing test cricket soon enough.

Not sure though another opener who is unproven in international cricket will really make much difference, that is not where their problems are.

Chennai and Delhi not signed anyone yet, Dhoni loves an all rounder, hope he resists the urge to buy Daniel Christian.:rolleyes:

You'd nearly forget poor old Badree is on the books of CSK. No. 1 ranked t20 bowler. I'd say he's raging he went to a team chock full of Indian spinners. Could have been such a player for another team.
    Good win by CSK tonight, added to by the fact I had money on McCullum to be top scorer :D

Yusuf Pathan scored runs?
    51085583afa96f0f92000033.jpg?w=400

Yusuf Pathan scored runs?
    51085583afa96f0f92000033.jpg?w=400

I was pleased to see him get runs. As for the rest of them??
    So many teams got it so wrong in the auction.

CSK are looking very good. Faf didn't bat, and I wonder will they keep using Hilfenhaus as their 4th overseas player?
    If they can get a replacement for Bravo I wonder if they'll bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Huge bottle job from Mitch Johnson at the end of Kings XI Mumbai, goes for 20 and costs them the game.

Awesome from AB today, but a little worried as usual the RCB batting is to reliant on a few players.

Kohli has never had an absolute stellar IPL either, and while it is early the more I think about Roussow, is that the best they could do?:confused:

Although for finally dropping "ALL ROUNDER" Morkel,:P

RCB Fans:D

• Advertisement

Class from AB against Steyn....yet again in an IPL match.....if you look at the two overs , the first one in 2012 was breathtaking bcos that was probably the first time anyone saw Steyn being taken apart in any match....there was a degree of inevitability about the over from yesterday

Disappointing stuff from Steyn though....you would have thought , as the worlds best bowler apparently, he would have by now found a way to bowl to his South African team mate:confused:

Look out for a KKR spring clean next season

There are chokes and there is THE CHOKE:D

.....and there are two players who should never play international cricket again.....Albie Morkel and Yusuf Pathan:mad::mad:

KP fast approaching his sell by date as far as the IPL is concerned I think

DD 96/2 in 12

Two Chennaites turning it on for Delhi in Delhi against Chennai:)

Two completely contrasting run chases today......

How not to by KKR and How to by CSK:pac:

Corey Anderson........what a sensational buy for the Mumbai Indians:confused:

Is his bowling any better?

No love lost between the Aussies and the West Indians as usual:D

This could be a great finish if the RCB top order get going......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

First time I have seen Chris Gayle in action since last years IPL. He is some man mountain compared to Patel.

:eek:

Yuvraj:(:(

Doesn't say much about Anderson that Rohit bowled himself before him either:confused:

Good to see the 2 boys on the charge again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

Glenn Maxwell, wow.

Advertisement