Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

SquireD wrote: »
    Anyone that has met the Super, what kind of questions were asked and how did it go for you? Have my meeting this Friday!

Mine was very casual. Never any harm to dress smart and clean shave. First impressions. Great to see some movement regarding the recruitment process. I'm sick if waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AD301

I wore formal clothes for the interview (trousers, blouse & blazer), for the meeting with the Super I didn't go full formal - I had a nice pair of jeans and a nice top ... I still looked far more presentable than the face that wanders down to the kitchen table each morning, but not over the top either :)

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

AD301 wrote: »
    Thanks. Might leave the suit at home. 😀

I wore a suit but I don’t think it’s necessary to wear one, it’s a lot more casual than it sounds like.

Only thing I would say is defo shave and and don’t have a beer the night before 😂

I found doing a bit of homework about the superintendent helped and a quick scan of his office for any photos or sports affiliations was good to steer a conversation. But this was just Me being nervous going into the meeting it really is a casual conversation about you motivation to be in AGS and your community involvement, hobbies etc

Confident, talkative, eager and driven is what they want to see out of you.

Good luck with the meeting, it feels great to walk out after and know you have another box ticked

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

SquireD wrote: »
    Anyone that has met the Super, what kind of questions were asked and how did it go for you? Have my meeting this Friday!

Hey had mine a few weeks ago, went grand. I know a lot of people are saying you don’t need to be formal but I knew that the inspector I was supposed to meet is strict on appearance. So I went in suit, so I’d say dress the part. The interview was mostly about involvement in sports, work, family, school and college. And why you want to join, what your apprehensive about within job?
    Hope this helps, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Latest Report from GHQ to policing authority take from what it what you will, seems like.good news for people wanted to apply not so good for people waiting to be called into templemore if the 275 figure is to be believed.
    "The 2019 Garda Trainee Recruitment campaign continues. 125 Garda Trainees entered the college
    on 10 February 2020. In response to the current crisis, further intakes for 2020 were adjusted i.e.
    75 candidates have been offered a place to commence their training on 25 May 2020. It is
    envisaged that a second class of 75 will commence on 22 June 2020, bringing the total
    commencing to 275 in 2020. If the targets for 2020 and 2021 remain in place, a new recruitment
    campaign will be advertised later in the year. Preliminary work has commenced with PAS to
    ensure that if it is required, both organisations will be in a position to progress without delay"

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the best way of getting an answer on your vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Does anyone know the best way of getting an answer on your vetting?

Email Garda HR. You're going to get the same automated answer as us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Anyone from 2018 still waiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Has anyone or heard of anyone putting in letter under the freedom of information act to get copy of file or vetting .basically to find out what specifically is holding up your vetting

Corry21 wrote: »
    Has anyone or heard of anyone putting in letter under the freedom of information act to get copy of file or vetting .basically to find out what specifically is holding up your vetting

Not applicable but you could use the data access request. Youd have to be specific in what your requesting. Public bodies are not fully covered in the GDPR so youd have to do a bit of research.
    Would it be worth email hr something like please advise what section of my form b is still incomplete...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Anyone from 2018 still waiting ?

I’m from 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Latest Report from GHQ to policing authority take from what it what you will, seems like.good news for people wanted to apply not so good for people waiting to be called into templemore if the 275 figure is to be believed.
    "The 2019 Garda Trainee Recruitment campaign continues. 125 Garda Trainees entered the college
    on 10 February 2020. In response to the current crisis, further intakes for 2020 were adjusted i.e.
    75 candidates have been offered a place to commence their training on 25 May 2020. It is
    envisaged that a second class of 75 will commence on 22 June 2020, bringing the total
    commencing to 275 in 2020. If the targets for 2020 and 2021 remain in place, a new recruitment
    campaign will be advertised later in the year. Preliminary work has commenced with PAS to
    ensure that if it is required, both organisations will be in a position to progress without delay"

Whereabouts did you see/hear this. I'm from the 2019 campaign and I have a fitness and medical outstanding. To be honest I'm getting quite worried about the whole thing, I just hate the waiting.

Briano1996 wrote: »
    Whereabouts did you see/hear this. I'm from the 2019 campaign and I have a fitness and medical outstanding. To be honest I'm getting quite worried about the whole thing, I just hate the waiting.

https://www.policingauthority.ie/assets/uploads/documents/Commissioners_Monthly_Report_to_the_Policing_Authority_May_2020.pdf
    I'm the same I think the pcts and medicals will happen this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Briano1996 wrote: »

Don’t be getting worried ? But also don’t be expecting to be a member of AGS within the next 6 months , it’s going to be 12-18 month wait , IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I heard the army fitness tests are going ahead so maybe the PCTs will start soon

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Does anyone know roughly how long it should take to improve the beep test score from like 6.5 to 8.8? Like I've been running it over and over but struggle to get over 7. Is there anything else I should be doing to help improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

LB1197 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long it should take to improve the beep test score from like 6.5 to 8.8? Like I've been running it over and over but struggle to get over 7. Is there anything else I should be doing to help improve it?

You could try going to a few fitness classes in a gym, as well as practicing the beep tests 3 or 4 times a week. Could just be that you need a different type of training on top of practising the beep test that will push you over the edge. But it will come with time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Has anyone heard of an intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Aaron123 wrote: »
    You could try going to a few fitness classes in a gym, as well as practicing the beep tests 3 or 4 times a week. Could just be that you need a different type of training on top of practising the beep test that will push you over the edge. But it will come with time :)

Thank you. I'm gonna take a couple classes and hopefully it improves.

Any one hear any fitness test dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

MShea wrote: »
    anyone had trouble getting the info for the form b?

My ex's family wont give me their details, stating GDPR and the vetting keep looking for the same info all the time. Im literally stuck.

Anyone have any advise?

Why are you putting details for an ex on your form b?

Even if there is a kid involved its just the parents info required?!

Any one hear any fitness test dates?

Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

MShea wrote: »
    anyone had trouble getting the info for the form b?

My ex's family wont give me their details, stating GDPR and the vetting keep looking for the same info all the time. Im literally stuck.

Anyone have any advise?

As said in the other post. There is no need to put in ex parters extended family details. They are only required if the person is your spouse, civil partner or co habiting. The most you should be doing is the ex partners name & address if you have children with them, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Guys just a quick question.

If I was to move to a different job while I’m waiting to receive an offer, should I notify Garda HR and let them know I changed workplace since I sent my form B or would it not make a difference if I did or not tell them ? Cheers

Robert2020 wrote: »
    Guys just a quick question.

If I was to move to a different job while I’m waiting to receive an offer, should I notify Garda HR and let them know I changed workplace since I sent my form B or would it not make a difference if I did or not tell them ? Cheers

Nah I wouldn't. Its a point in time form so it was correct on submission.

What are people thinking with regards to PCTs starting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

AD07 wrote: »
    What are people thinking with regards to PCTs starting up?

hopefully soon, same with the medicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Hi guys in from the 2019 campaign as well.

I have heard nothing back at all
    No medical appointment no physical nothing at all!! Should I worry its been 8 months since i submit my vetting form

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Muidwick.7

Whats your OOM. sent mine off in february heard nothing since OOM is 249

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Muidwick.7 wrote: »
    Whats your OOM. sent mine off in february heard nothing since OOM is 249

OOMs are only for the public services stage 1-3 after that when our files are passed onto guards they don’t take into account the OOM

Advertisement