Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Congratulations to all you got offers.
    Just waiting for the PCTs to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Congratulations to all you got offers.
    Just waiting for the PCTs to start again.

Congrats all! I'm waiting to to-do medical in June hopefully it goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 20 more57

Any updates on the pay for this round of offers though !!?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

184 for the 32 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

daniel1390 wrote: »
    184 for the 32 weeks

is that what you've been told based on the offer you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I Applied for the guards in 2018 and have every stage completed and I am still waiting to get in. Is there anyone who applied in 2018 and is still in a similar situation like myself.

Yep no extras for time in stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Yep no extras for time in stations

station close to your home address so no renting obviously so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 more57

184 for the 32 weeks

Even with going into a station after such short period of time? I would like to think they’ll follow the way they done with the current recruits!

It's not happening I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

any one waiting for a call up from 2017?? Ive spoken to maybe a handfull but there seems to be a lot from 2018 waiting aswell as 2019

I've been chatting to one person I know off from the 2017 recruitment campaign. Waiting on vetting.

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    I've been chatting to one person I know off from the 2017 recruitment campaign. Waiting on vetting.

hey must be pulling his eyes out! that is bad craic all round, has he any idea what the hold up is?

Rich_ccfc wrote: »

if someones waiting on vetting 3 years then its a problem on their form and something they submitted or something from their past, noway can vetting take 3 years

St. Westy wrote: »
    if someones waiting on vetting 3 years then its a problem on their form and something they submitted or something from their past, noway can vetting take 3 years

agreed, he must have been a buachaill dána back in the day. i've yet to hear from someone who was actually rejected though, do they just keep you waiting till you get sick of waiting

agreed, he must have been a buachaill dána back in the day. i've yet to hear from someone who was actually rejected though, do they just keep you waiting till you get sick of waiting

im not sure each commissioner might be different , certainly Callanan had his own ways ;):pac::pac: its so very backward , it needs a serious overhaul, people should not have to have their lives on hold for something that might never happen, that could and more then likely will have detrimental effects on most peoples mental health in the future , having a dream on hold, and no answers , as 50 maybe 60 % of people going for the guards it isn't just a job its been a dream job , so for them to be canvassing for mental health globally and then treat candidates like ****e, and give ****ty responses back to emails looking for information is pathetic, iv said it before but it should be like checking tracking on a delivery everyone should be able to log in and check their own progress :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

im not sure each commissioner might be different , certainly Callanan had his own ways ;):pac::pac: its so very backward , it needs a serious overhaul, people should not have to have their lives on hold for something that might never happen, that could and more then likely will have detrimental effects on most peoples mental health in the future , having a dream on hold, and no answers , as 50 maybe 60 % of people going for the guards it isn't just a job its been a dream job , so for them to be canvassing for mental health globally and then treat candidates like ****e, and give ****ty responses back to emails looking for information is pathetic, iv said it before but it should be like checking tracking on a delivery everyone should be able to log in and check their own progress :rolleyes:

We are talking about civil servants in an office. If I was waiting that long I'd picture my dusty file in pile called "too hard to sign off effort needed". I'd be hounding them for an answer. The easier and quicker it is to process a file they are the ones they will prioritise. In my opinion.

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    We are talking about civil servants in an office. If I was waiting that long I'd picture my dusty file in pile called "too hard to sign off effort needed". I'd be hounding them for an answer. The easier and quicker it is to process a file they are the ones they will prioritise. In my opinion.

I know , I was just saying the system is ridiculous, hounding clearly doesn't even work, if your waiting a long time to be signed off, there is other factors involved

I know , I was just saying the system is ridiculous, hounding clearly doesn't even work, if your waiting a long time to be signed off, there is other factors involved

Yeah I agree.

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/alan-mulligan-96268132

im biting my tongue at this stage from sending this guy a personal email looking for a update, it's definitely not a good idea but it's getting to the stage where I need an answer or I need to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree.

Have you guys met the superintendent etc

• Advertisement

are you a candidate for this ? like have you passed your interview ? and waiting for pct and medical because by your questions I think you need to do some research on how this works? uv been asking people who got offers if they passed pct and medical,

but to answer your question, some people have met the super and some haven't its all down to lottery, its normally unusual to meet the super before your pct and medical , a lot of us left here are waiting for pct and medical and interviews, not many have met the super on a few

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

are you a candidate for this ? like have you passed your interview ? and waiting for pct and medical because by your questions I think you need to do some research on how this works? uv been asking people who got offers if they passed pct and medical,

but to answer your question, some people have met the super and some haven't its all down to lottery, its normally unusual to meet the super before your pct and medical , a lot of us left here are waiting for pct and medical and interviews, not many have met the super on a few

I met my sgt and super three weeks before my pct. I was then expecting the medical 3 days after completing the pct like it went for other candidates and I didnt get called for a medical for 5 weeks after completing the pct. There is no rhyme nor reason to how the Recruitment process seems to go. It's a torture waiting and waiting for the phone to go hoping to hear some sort of update

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Does anybody know if there were offers out on Friday just gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Dean445 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there were offers out on Friday just gone?

Yes they were

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

im biting my tongue at this stage from sending this guy a personal email looking for a update, it's definitely not a good idea but it's getting to the stage where I need an answer or I need to move on

I would be tempted to do the same. My head is wrecked over the whole thing just wish someone could give me an update to let me know what is holding up my file. Like am I putting my life on hold and maybe I'll never get an offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I would be tempted to do the same. My head is wrecked over the whole thing just wish someone could give me an update to let me know what is holding up my file. Like am I putting my life on hold and maybe I'll never get an offer..

It's very annoying waiting by the phone each day hoping for a call. I'm still waiting to meet Sargeant and superintendent but haven't heard for a few months. And when you email looking for an update on the vetting the automated response is the same every time.

did he reply to you?

did he reply to you?

no reply yet! i doubt very much he's going to but if it ruffles a few feathers hopefully I'll get some sort of response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

no reply yet! i doubt very much he's going to but if it ruffles a few feathers hopefully I'll get some sort of response

Fair play mate, keep us updated.

Advertisement